The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right now i'm not hoping for her to be the next Beyonce, Rihanna etc cause that is very unrealistic. I just want her to go to the US and try to get success there.. I want her back to Overcome, hopefully getting some hits on the hot 100 and album in billboard 200.. maybe a grammy nomination.. mtv noms etc. not necessarily winning grammys but being recognised.. performing in the US on US tv.. BEING PLAYED ON US RADIO. Then if she gained success a global release...
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I still think she should just release All Night Long single version on US iTunes as a buzz single - it still sounds so current and if it breaks the top 100 US iTunes she should consider releasing it as a proper single with a new video. This is most logical thing to do in this situation and if All Night Long becomes a success top 20/10 billboard hit producers will be trying to scout her as the next big talent. And we will no longer have to worry about her working with this unknown producers. I can see this working

Right now it's all a bit...http://i42.tinypic.com/23wqkhv.jpg :cry:http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/crying1.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really she just needs to get a decent feature slot. She should start collaborating with new artists in the hope that one of them stick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I still think she should just release All Night Long single version on US iTunes as a buzz single - it still sounds so current and if it breaks the top 100 US iTunes she should consider releasing it as a proper single with a new video. This is most logical thing to do in this situation and if All Night Long becomes a success top 20/10 billboard hit producers will be trying to scout her as the next big talent. And we will no longer have to worry about her working with this unknown producers. I can see this working

Right now it's all a bit...http://i42.tinypic.com/23wqkhv.jpg :cry:http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/crying1.gif

Yeah that could work!! I just think the fact that she hasn't announced anything is worrying... why is she hiding it all from us???
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    David said don't pre judge a book by its cover regarding management
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    David said don't pre judge a book by its cover regarding management

Hmm i'm not to bothered about management now.. They seem to be keeping her looking good and in the press a lot (although it does make her seem slightly C list constantly being papped at parties etc but atleast it keeps her name out there) atm so we'll have to wait and see what happens.
    Forum Member
    Yeah that could work!! I just think the fact that she hasn't announced anything is worrying... why is she hiding it all from us???

It is strange that she decided to reveal her management on the night of the Brits perhaps something has finally been finalised and we might be getting music sooner? ( Here's to hoping http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgzbsX1Ov1rpot5r.gif)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Postbox wrote: »
    Really she just needs to get a decent feature slot. She should start collaborating with new artists in the hope that one of them stick.

Yeah, I'm surprised she hasn't featured on a few tracks by now.

Also about this management, they're aren't too bad at promotion, every time I turned my Xbox on, in the Music section, Tulisa would be there... Also Dappy when his release was coming up.

Wasn't Tulisa also supported by Radio 1? If so, this could mean that Alex may get played by them again. I don't think we should assume the worst just yet, but I'm praying that Alex isn't focusing on the UK again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is strange that she decided to reveal her management on the night of the Brits perhaps something has finally been finalised and we might be getting music sooner? ( Here's to hoping http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgzbsX1Ov1rpot5r.gif)

Hopefully... I am hoping her label have just told her to keep quiet about any plans/producers/songs etc until things are fully finalised and ready to launch!! Although its probs just that she has NOTHING to announce.
    Forum Member
    Luke Reid wrote: »

Also about this management, they're aren't too bad at promotion, every time I turned my Xbox on, in the Music section, Tulisa would be there... Also Dappy when his release was coming up.

Tulisa was also supported by Radio 1, so this could mean that Alex may get played by them again. I don't think we should assume the worst just yet, but I'm praying that Alex isn't focusing on the UK again.

I want her to start in the US with this era. If she is seriously thinking of starting this era in the UK then she needs to pray for a miracle because the industry insiders hate her and only want her to fail.
    Forum Member
    Hopefully... I am hoping her label have just told her to keep quiet about any plans/producers/songs etc until things are fully finalised and ready to launch!! Although its probs just that she has NOTHING to announce.

I don't think Alex has much creative control over the project anymore, sadly. It is strange because artists that have just been signed are getting a strong backing from their labels and have insisted that they have a go at writing their own songs for the album. It just seems like her label really doubts her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke Reid wrote: »

Wasn't Tulisa also supported by Radio 1? If so, this could mean that Alex may get played by them again. I don't think we should assume the worst just yet, but I'm praying that Alex isn't focusing on the UK again.

She'll promote here, do gigs and tv and radio shows. But the brunt will likely be the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remember when she said she was moving to the US for a bit?????????????????????????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postbox wrote: »
    She'll promote here, do gigs and tv and radio shows. But the brunt will likely be the US.

She should have gone over there last year touted herself as an X Factor winner, which would have got a small buzz going and force Simon to comment on my talent and maybe force his hand into giving me a slot on the US X Factor.;)
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    remember when she said she was moving to the US for a bit?????????????????????????

Yeah that's likely to happen #SarcasmOff
    Forum Member
    YouTube streaming data is being included in the methodology used to make up the US singles chart for the first time.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21534066#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If Alex is serious about US plans she needs to sort out her VEVO page
    Forum Member
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    and she gave up on it.

Kelly Clarkson went head to head with Clive Davis to protect her music, her sound, and defend who she is as an artist and won.:)

Many artist go through that, the ones that are 100% sure of their sound won't be swayed.

Matt Cardle has managed to do his own thing now with a label that supports him, he is no worldwide susperstar but he's doing the music he wants and he fought for it.

Her knowing Beyonce doesn't mean success. Look at Rita Ora.They have put so much hype and money into that girl and she will flame out by 2014.

Most of the Brits winners and Grammy winners have been singer/song writers this year. The flashy pop acts are not getting as much awards as the early 2000s.

She can't really fight for a sound that her label can't afford
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Shalit is a good manager. He's the one that got Charlotte Church into prominence. jamelia was huge in her day too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21534066#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If Alex is serious about US plans she needs to sort out her VEVO page

Which means acts like 1 Direction will spend more time in the hot 100 this year due to their fanbase.
    Forum Member
    The BBH100 change is ridiculous IMO... Now you don't even have to pay anymore in order to influence the chart...
    Forum Member
    LMAO someone has been messing with Alex's awards and tours
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandra_Burke
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    If they are her new management then they are doing well so far at keeping her name/face in the press. Getting her to the Brits, doing Have A Heart, Sunday Times cover with interview, the BBC Remembrance Day gig etc.

They're good for that sort of thing, but I'm not sure about music-wise.

Let's see.

Who knows whats going on with album/single/which country she's going to.
    I think it'll be a long time before we find out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    America is going to be hard work, lots of radio tours all over the place and winning people over one at a time. They have many strong black female singers over there so she needs to find a sound and look she is comfortable with but is also going to set her apart from them.

Artist over the past few years have been making their real money from big arena tours. As Beyonce said last week people don't make albums anymore.

Supporting Beyonce's tour might not happen due to Simon and others attaching the x factor to her tour and milking it for the show in the US. I wouldn't have thought Beyonce would like that.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    America is going to be hard work, lots of radio tours all over the place and winning people over one at a time. They have many strong black female singers over there so she needs to find a sound and look she is comfortable with but is also going to set her apart from them.

Artist over the past few years have been making their real money from big arena tours. As Beyonce said last week people don't make albums anymore.

Supporting Beyonce's tour might not happen due to Simon and others attaching the x factor to her tour and milking it for the show in the US. I wouldn't have thought Beyonce would like that.
    She only cares about money. And i stan. The madness for her tour...i care about the music. Modest did well with Elephant. After it bombed they pulled out like any company would. They saw tje bomb coming. It wasnt their fault. I think Sans autotune Elephant would've done better. The sound was ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    A number 3 is never a bomb no matter how long it stayed in the chart for.
This discussion has been closed.