Claim by Wade Robson that Michael Jackson DID abuse him declared "Outrageous"

Comments

• jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L-una wrote: »
    Either way he's a liar then?
    Mmmmm, so you can't see how a person can be coerced or manipulated by an abuser into defending them.....?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,933
    Forum Member
    I always thought the same SarahJam, why didn't the parents fight for justice?
    But then maybe these kids were victims of pushy stage parents who were desperate enough to turn a blind eye. Or maybe the parents just didn't know what to do and were advised not to put their kids through a trial. It's all very sad if true.

Wade Robson's mother came across as pushy stage mum, locates Michael in Amercia hands over her 7 yr old son & 10 year daughter to spend the night with Michael Jackson. Returns 3 years later without husband and relying on Michael Jackson for financial support, her son getting media work via Michael.

The Chandler mother eager to show Michael what her son can do, he ends up sharing a bed with Michael.

The maid who may have intially have ignored what her son said events she saw in the shower may have convinced her something was wrong.

If at later stage they found out their children had been abused could the mother's have felt they were guilty one's for being so stupid?

Also if the mother's went to court and Michael denied the charges their child would have to relive the incidents and face cross examination.

Throw into the mix Michael had a team that was expert in making up stories about the accusers and planting them in the media, which his millions of fans would feed on. That's quite a lot of pressure to be under. To protect their child probably best to take the money and run?
    Forum Member
    Either way he's a liar then?

In 1993 he was 10 years old, was featured in various MJ music videos and was signed to his record label.

In 2005 he was doing what he liked was successful as a result Michael Jackson, could have put it all at risk by saying he'd been abused, might even have blanked it out of his mind?
    Forum Member
    Just found this from Wade Robson's lawyer...
    Gradstein says Michael would tell Wade, "If anyone ever finds out about what we did we will go to jail for the rest of our lives" and “our lives will be ruined forever.”
    The lawyer for famed choreographer Wade Robson tells TMZ, Michael Jackson was a "monster" who sexually abused Wade for seven years as a child ... and threatened him if he ever went public.

Robson's lawyer, Henry Gradstein, tells TMZ, "Last year, on a career trajectory that was off the charts, he [Wade] collapsed under the stress and sexual trauma of what had happened to him for seven years as a child."
  • L-unaL-una Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Mmmmm, so you can't see how a person can be coerced or manipulated by an abuser into defending them.....?

I can absolutely see how that can happen I personally don't believe that to be the case here.He hasn't been a child for a very long time and has waxed lyrical about MJ during his adulthood.

But whether he was lying then or is lying now ,which I suspect he is for financial gain,he is a liar.So I stand by my statement.

How exactly is he going to prove this abuse happened? And why will money make it all better,this is a financial claim against the estate if I'm not mistaken?

How strange that you are quite prepared to believe the words of a liar but not that someone would lie for financial gain.

• L-unaL-una Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Just found this from Wade Robson's lawyer...

So this guy knows all this to be true because......or does he just 'say' stuff.

I expect he's seeing dollar signs too.

I get that you have a very personal vendetta against MJ but surely you must see that this is fishy.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always had my suspicions about MJ having a liking for young boys but his fans will excuse him anything. He certainly must have paid out a lot of money over the years to keep everyone quiet. No wonder he had no money left at the end!!!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can absolutely see how that can happen I personally don't believe that to be the case here.He hasn't been a child for a very long time and has waxed lyrical about MJ during his adulthood.

But whether he was lying then or is lying now ,which I suspect he is for financial gain,he is a liar.So I stand by my statement.

How exactly is he going to prove this abuse happened? And why will money make it all better,this is a financial claim against the estate if I'm not mistaken?

How strange that you are quite prepared to believe the words of a liar but not that someone would lie for financial gain.

In fairness, the only way anyone who wanted to get justice for past abuses by someone now deceased could do so is by sueing their estate (the Jimmy Savile case being a recent example of this). That way, their accusations are heard and a verdict is handed down in a court of law. I would imagine that it would give any victim of abuse some satisfaction to get legal acknowledgement that they were abused by this person. Also, a civil case against someone's estate would give representatives of the estate the chance to question the accusations being made in a court of law.

With regards to money, if someone has been abused, a financial settlement would offer both a sense of justice and the means to pay for medical bills (counselling and psychiatric treatment don't come cheap) and help someone who is possibly struggling to, or unable to, work.

The way I see it, if Wade Robson is lying, then the best way to find that out is via a court case. Put him on the stand and see exactly how strong his case actually is.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    What strikes me as odd about this is the background of the accuser. He's a successful choreographer who has a lot to lose by making this allegation. Would he really be willing to put his career and his reputation on the line by making a false allegation?

It's all very strange and it's hard to know what to make of it. Coming forward 20 years after the fact to make an allegation is one thing, but to have denied anything happened when asked about it on two occasions, then to make a complete about-turn is odd!

What strikes me as odd is how all these parents seemingly thought nothing of shunting all these kids off to La La land ranch and letting another adult, not their parent/s, look after these kids for sometimes long stretches of time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    What strikes me as odd is how all these parents seemingly thought nothing of shunting all these kids off to La La land ranch and letting another adult, not their parent/s, look after these kids for sometimes long stretches of time.

Dreadful parenting I agree. I wouldn't let my child have a sleepover with a popstar that's for sure. Its incredible that they were so naive about Jackson's possible inclinations :eek:
    Either that or they were just obssessed with his money and celebrity status.

It would be very difficult for any boy to come forward. Remember they are very homophobic in the US. If you are seen as 'gay' it can be very detrimental to your life, even in showbiz.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »

Two words - 'fame' and 'money'! It's amazing how lax some parents can be when a famous person is involved. Let's face it, they wouldn't let their kids have sleepovers with a weird middle-aged man they barely knew (or even one they knew well, come to that), but when the weird middle-aged man was the 'King Of Pop', all common sense went out of the window and greed took over!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter whether you are an adult or not, the influence an abuser has over you psychologically, and the general effect of abuse doesn't suddenly stop when you become an adult.
    You seem to be determined to say he is liar. Many people are in denial about abuse, and will say they weren't abused if something comes to court & that person has a hold over them, are they all 'liars'?
    By testimony, possibly backed up with witnesses, like most abuse cases. If he has been abused for 7 years, do you think he is not entitled to compensation?
    Forum Member
    So this guy knows all this to be true because......or does he just 'say' stuff.

I expect he's seeing dollar signs too.

I get that you have a very personal vendetta against MJ but surely you must see that this is fishy.

And Tom Mesereau defended Michael Jackson for no money?

Outside of court he said he had 5 witnesses who would show Chandler was a liar, yet he never produced them and they've remained remarkably quiet.

Michael Jackson, his mangement and the so called insurance company had proof that the Chandlers lied and could reclaim the $15m - $20m but instead were happy to leave the family with millions of dollars....that is bizarre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    He had his chance and blew it.

My god i am no MJ fan but please, talk about take your time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he can't get anything else from the MJ assocaition, why not decide he's a victim too?

The worst thing about this guy, if all this is true, is that he helped to make the other potential victims look like liars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    The worst thing about this guy, if all this is true, is that he helped to make the other potential victims look like liars.

I certainly agree with you about this. Its not going to look good for him either way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Wade Robson's mother came across as pushy stage mum, locates Michael in Amercia hands over her 7 yr old son & 10 year daughter to spend the night with Michael Jackson. Returns 3 years later without husband and relying on Michael Jackson for financial support, her son getting media work via Michael.

Sorry now but you're making up BS there. Joy Robson testified in court that her, her son & daughter would always go to Neverland together, she never "handed over her son to MJ". She was already friends with MIchael for 2 years before they ever went to Neverland for the first time. And again according to her own testimony MJ was only there 4 out of the around 50 times they went to Neverland.

The maid who may have intially have ignored what her son said events she saw in the shower may have convinced her something was wrong.

If you're talking about Bianca Francia, her testimony was a joke, she backtracked on about everything she said, changed her story when she felt like it, and was even laughed out of the courtroom. Not to mention she was paid at least $20,000 by Hard Copy to say she saw something inappropriate going on.

Throw into the mix Michael had a team that was expert in making up stories about the accusers and planting them in the media, which his millions of fans would feed on. That's quite a lot of pressure to be under. To protect their child probably best to take the money and run?

lol Michael was the one making up stores? Think that one was the other way around. Out of every single parent I've asked if their child was molested they all said they would never take the money. They would either beat the crap out of the person or get them put behind bars.

Wade Robson up until now has defended Michael willingly for years. He was friends with him up until at least '08 as he said he went to a BBQ at MJ's house shortly before he died. MJ dies & he still paid tribute to him constantly up until as late as last year. Now he's claiming he suffered a "repressed memory" (when he was still praising MJ after he said he undercovered this memory) which has been discredited and is no longer considered real by most psychologists and neuroscientists. People don't just forget traumatic events like this. Its main value is as a tool for extortion.
    Forum Member
    And Tom Mesereau defended Michael Jackson for no money?

Outside of court he said he had 5 witnesses who would show Chandler was a liar, yet he never produced them and they've remained remarkably quiet.

Michael Jackson, his mangement and the so called insurance company had proof that the Chandlers lied and could reclaim the $15m - $20m but instead were happy to leave the family with millions of dollars....that is bizarre.

Just thought I'd add that Tom Mesereau is no longer receiving any payment for defending Michael Jackson, and no one knows the case better then him. I highly doubt he would be supporting MJ if he thought he was a child molester.

& yes he did produce witnesses? Brett Barnes, Mac Culkin, Frank & Eddie Cascio, to name a few.

The tape was recorded illegally so it was inadmissible. People need to remember that the settlement in '93 was made by his insurance company and was not a settlement for molestation, but for negligence. They would have settled with or without MJ's consent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    the 'jackson defenders' have an answer for everything....haha...talk about not being able to see the trees for the forest:eek:........wake up.....best case scenario is that he was just a little bit sick,mixed up and enjoyed the comfort and 'light abuse' of young boys...worst case scenario is that he was a predatory monster who groomed and destroyed young boys lives......I have a feeling its the later......and no matter how wrong or stupid/money grabbing ANY of these parents were there is no doubt that jackson was the main culprit.
    Forum Member
    rumandlime wrote: »
    the 'jackson defenders' have an answer for everything....haha...talk about not being able to see the trees for the forest:eek:........wake up.....best case scenario is that he was just a little bit sick,mixed up and enjoyed the comfort and 'light abuse' of young boys...worst case scenario is that he was a predatory monster who groomed and destroyed young boys lives......I have a feeling its the later......and no matter how wrong or stupid/money grabbing ANY of these parents were there is no doubt that jackson was the main culprit.

Or maybe it's the flaming truth! You have a feeling? That's all you have to go on? Tell me what do you even know about the case? Bet you get all your "facts" from the media. Being weird or eccentric doesn't equate to someone being a molester.

What exactly is light abuse? He either abused them or didn't? There's no in between.

Dismissing me as a "Jackson Defender" or whatever doesn't change the fact that what I said is all factual & there is no evidence whatsoever to say MJ was a paedofile. I'm not just going on a feeling.

I don't think people realise that false accusations of child molestation are a common occurrence in the US especially when monetary compensation is involved. MJ was an easy target.
    Forum Member
    J_Alex wrote: »
    Or maybe it's the flaming truth! You have a feeling? That's all you have to go on? Tell me what do you even know about the case? Bet you get all your "facts" from the media. Being weird or eccentric doesn't equate to someone being a molester.

What exactly is light abuse? He either abused them or didn't? There's no in between.

Dismissing me as a "Jackson Defender" or whatever doesn't change the fact that what I said is all factual & there is no evidence whatsoever to say MJ was a paedofile. I'm not just going on a feeling.

I don't think people realise that false accusations of child molestation are a common occurrence in the US especially when monetary compensation is involved. MJ was an easy target.

utter nonsense.
    sometimes and especially in 'child abuse' evidence is very hard to come by...it usually comes down to the childs word against the abuser.........what you do have to do is put the evidence that is available together...'jackson' spent too much time with young boys FACT..jackson 'paid off' huge sums of money to silence alleged victims FACT .....that will do for me......perhaps you will wake up and realise you have been duped by your idolisation of his 'completely dated' and 'overated' music.
    Forum Member
    J_Alex wrote: »

by 'light abuse' i mean touching /feeling as opposed to having full sex or buggering those young boys...sorry that you needed it pointing out in graphic.....but you are right in saying abuse is abuse no matter how light..in my book jackson deserved to be hanged for what he did to little boys...a truely disgusting pedo is a truely disgusting pedo......but hey of course that is my opinion and the opinion of many people i know who are not clouded by their exposure to his so called 'music'!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    utter nonsense.
    sometimes and especially in 'child abuse' evidence is very hard to come by...it usually comes down to the childs word against the abuser.........what you do have to do is put the evidence that is available together...'jackson' spent too much time with young boys FACT..jackson 'paid off' huge sums of money to silence alleged victims FACT .....that will do for me......perhaps you will wake up and realise you have been duped by your idolisation of his 'completely dated' and 'overated' music.

Your ignorance is astounding

It is a FACT that the money paid in 1993 was to settle a civil lawsuit and did not stop the Chandlers from testifying in any possible criminal trial. Jackson's civil trial was scheduled to precede the criminal trial, which was a volation of his constitutional right to not self-incriminate. He settled the lawsuit specifically so he could clear his name against criminal charges... Which never materialsed... Because there was no evidence.

But i guess you already knew all of that?
    Forum Member
    tomclarky wrote: »
    Your ignorance is astounding

It is a FACT that the money paid in 1993 was to settle a civil lawsuit and did not stop the Chandlers from testifying in any possible criminal trial.

civil lawsuit for what?....non paid parking fines?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    civil lawsuit for what?....non paid parking fines?:D

Molestation. Evan Chandler, instead of going to the police with his claims, filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit.

Jackson's civil trial was scheduled to precede the criminal trial, which was a volation of his constitutional right to not self-incriminate. He settled the lawsuit specifically so he could clear his name against criminal charges... Which never materialsed... Because there was no evidence.

But i guess you already knew all of that?