Kevin

mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
Forum Member
Been back 5 minutes and he already needs a kicking. One assault, interfering in Sally's private life, living in the house of the bloke whose wife he had an affair with .......... seems like he's never been away. Absolutely loathe him.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Been back 5 minutes and he already needs a kicking. One assault, interfering in Sally's private life, living in the house of the bloke whose wife he had an affair with .......... seems like he's never been away. Absolutely loathe him.

Can't argue with that fella, I'd love to shatter his jaw and break his back.

And I'm normally so opposed to violence too mate.
    It's quite unlike me.

Sadly it's the only way to get through to some folk Mo, much as it pains me to say.
    You just can't go wading into a strange house and start dragging some poor, unsuspecting sod out of there without expecting to get your face rearranged.
    I'd have loved him to have tried his 'club ear' trick on me.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Weird how Tyrone is perfectly fine with having Jack live with him in his house. :confused: Has he forgotten how Jack was conceived? Obviously Kirsty bashed him too much and it effected his head.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Indeed, UQ. There is no one who is so totally opposed to violence as myself, as you know, but, as you eloquently say, he does need a proper, brutal towelling. Once the swelling in his jaw goes down a bit, I think Tim could be the man to give it to him. You can see by one look that Tim is testosterone fuelled and the slightest thing could turn him into a real maniac. Kevin really needs to be careful because things have changed since he left. Tim is now on the scene and he's going to defend what's his. That's the thing about having a trophy girlfriend like Sally (or Geraldine)
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Weird how Tyrone is perfectly fine with having Jack live with him in his house. :confused: Has he forgotten how Jack was conceived? Obviously Kirsty bashed him too much and it effected his head.

We all know how much of a muppet Tyrone is.

I agree that there is nothing more vile than a person that resorts to violence. It is only in the most extreme cases, like Tyrone and Kevin, where I would even imagine it.
    Forum Member
    I normally refer to Tyrone as "that thick mechanic" but, now that Kevin is back, I'll have to sat that thick mechanic A or that thick mechanic B.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't agree more Mo i cant stand the angry little dwarf i was hoping Tim was going to give him a smack when he got out of the headlock. Ridiculous that they had Kevin come off better in their scuffle Tim's about twice his height and half his age he could have flattened him.

And words fail me for how much of a mug Tyrone is, acting all pally with the man who was sh*gging his wife behind his back for months and even got her pregnant, allowing him to think the kid was his. If that doesnt work what on earth has Kev got to do to make Tyrone dislike him?! :confused: I'd like to see sleazy Kev put the moves on Fiz to see Tyrone's reaction. Although making Fiz desirable to not one but two men would probably result in the show coming under heavy criticism for being too unrealistic - up there with Dirty Den's return from the dead on EE.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I'm beginning to think Tyrone has some kind of victim complex. After getting rid of the physical abuser Kirsty he takes up with the nasty bully Fiz. He acts like he doesn't dare speak or air his opinions in front of her and now Kevin who cuckolded him is back he's invited him and his wife's baby into his house :o I wonder if he's expecting him to get off with Fizz so he can act like the fully fledged martyr that he is.

Regarding Kevin, I'm team Tim all the way :cool:
  • MarkrenMarkren Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pop though.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markren wrote: »
    The pop though.

What? :confused:
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry Mo. Fiz will probably point this out to Ty when she has moment from interfering on Roy's life!
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I was very meh about Kevin returning but when he showed up last night I was surprised to feel pleased that he was back, although when he attacked poor Tim ("my head! watch my head") I laughed out loud I think it was supposed to be a serious scene - so I must be bad for finding it funny :blush:

Poor Tim though he has been dreading Kevin's return and his first introduction to him is by being mistaken for a burglar and attacked :(
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's great seeing Kevin again...good to have him back if only for awhile..I think Kevin and Tim would make a great comedy duo with both of them lusting after Sally...
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I was very meh about Kevin returning but when he showed up last night I was surprised to feel pleased that he was back, although when he attacked poor Tim ("my head! watch my head") I laughed out loud I think it was supposed to be a serious scene - so I must be bad for finding it funny :blush:

Poor Tim though he has been dreading Kevin's return and his first introduction to him is by being mistaken for a burglar and attacked :(

The thing is, Luce, that Tim has now been beaten up by every Tom, Dick and Maddie on the Street.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    The thing is, Luce, that Tim has now been beaten up by every Tom, Dick and Maddie on the Street.

....I know Mo :(:( poor Tim I did feel bad for laughing - he just didn't know what had hit him :(
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »

Jack was probably conceived on that very sofa Kevin's sleeping on.

But remember- Tyrone now has his perfect family with fizz >:( so jacks a distant memory to him
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    I think it's great seeing Kevin again...good to have him back if only for awhile..I think Kevin and Tim would make a great comedy duo with both of them lusting after Sally...
    Anyone else thought that Kevin had aged quite a bit? Though only to be expected with what the guy has gone through. I did think all the acting around the return of Kevin was a bit wooden though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I normally refer to Tyrone as "that thick mechanic" but, now that Kevin is back, I'll have to sat that thick mechanic A or that thick mechanic B.

This, yes - you have hit the nail on the head here tbh.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Anyone else thought that Kevin had aged quite a bit? Though only to be expected with what the guy has gone through. I did think all the acting around the return of Kevin was a bit wooden though.

Yes I thought it veered between wooden and manic. Very odd episode and I can't say I was thrilled about Kevin returning. I haven't missed the bloke and doubt I ever would.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm beginning to think Tyrone has some kind of victim complex. After getting rid of the physical abuser Kirsty he takes up with the nasty bully Fiz. He acts like he doesn't dare speak or air his opinions in front of her and now Kevin who cuckolded him is back he's invited him and his wife's baby into his house :o I wonder if he's expecting him to get off with Fizz so he can act like the fully fledged martyr that he is.
    Maybe Tyrone has some weird sado-masochistic thing going on. Perhaps when he's not tinkering with filters and spark plugs he likes nothing better than to dress up in a big nappy and a gimp mask.

Not THAT would have people complaining it's no longer a family show!!

But violence, even against Kevin? Oh no sir. That wouldn't be good.
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the short arsed little runt could tidy up the shack for them two soap dodgers...

On a personal note... I have already given him a good kicking... outside a greengrocers in Newton Heath circa 1990...

He'll think twice before he fingers my onions again...
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »

I got the feeling that because of all the publicity and controversy, we (and perhaps the cast) weren't really seeing Kevin the character during his first appearance, but still seeing Michael Le Vell the actor, so it all felt a bit odd, almost as if a 'real' person was visiting the Corrie set.

But I think that will fade very quickly and he'll just be Kevin again. :)
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I got the feeling that because of all the publicity and controversy, we (and perhaps the cast) weren't really seeing Kevin the character during his first appearance, but still seeing Michael Le Vell the actor, so it all felt a bit odd, almost as if a 'real' person was visiting the Corrie set.

But I think that will fade very quickly and he'll just be Kevin again. :)
    It felt a bit strange to me having all the characters be super chummy with Kevin at every opportunity, it was like the cast and producers were saying to the audience "yeah we know how you all now feel about this face, but to us it's Kevin".
    Forum Member
    What I don't understand is that, assuming Kevin was keeping in touch via texts or phone calls, why he didn't know anything about Tim or anything else that has been happening. Not many people seemed too concerned about the health of his dad either.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is that, assuming Kevin was keeping in touch via texts or phone calls, why he didn't know anything about Tim or anything else that has been happening. Not many people seemed too concerned about the health of his dad either.

Did Audrey ask how Bill was?, weren't they engaged at some point or was that money bags Rita?, I'm sure it was one of them.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    It felt a bit strange to me having all the characters be super chummy with Kevin at every opportunity, it was like the cast and producers were saying to the audience "yeah we know how you all now feel about this face, but to us it's Kevin".

I think you're right that the whole Corrie cast wanted to make a point of welcoming Michael back where he belongs, which was a lovely thing to do. It did make it feel a bit odd at the time, but I think it was just a one-off and he'll just be Kevin again now. :)