Options

Peter Andre (part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    He was quoted in the Sun on Sunday as saying that he wanted to put Amelia on tv and that Ems HAD put her foot down and that he was not happy about it but had to agree to her wishes
    He did .....by flogging more pics to Ok of little one on holiday

Best get em out early earning a crust eh ??
    I do find this hard to believe, his girlfriend doesn't seem to bothered by being a zleb and allowing photos of meal ticket being sold. Personally I think his show was on the way out and uses this as an excuse.
    Very sad state of affairs when children are used like this :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    True, but who are these weirdos who want to see his kids at all?

Lots of my favourite celebrities have children, but I'm not remotely interested in seeing them, or even knowing anything about them at all. It's not relevant to me liking their parent(s).

I know Andre has no talent, so that his motivation for pushing the kids forward - but why on Earth are any of these people interested in his kids? It's a bit creepy, actually.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup.
    It's the breathtaking hypocrisy that gets me, as your last sentence says.
    Just imagine the situation in reverse.
    KP is making a public appearance in a nightclub. She asks Junior and Princess ( who are happily and willingly on stage with her - spending "quality time" together ) to choose audience members to join them on stage.
    One of those audience members is clearly drunk, and "bothering" one of the children.
    The child says something to the drunk - showing how "assertive" they are, and KP finishes her performance.
    No drama?
    Really?

As to whether fans buy tickets to see Junior and Princess - who knows?
    But some of these fans wanted Princess' autograph didn't they?
    So it's not exactly a great leap to conclude that some of them may buy tickets to see the children AS WELL as Tangoman, not necessarily instead of.

If the KP thread was still up and running, she would have gotten SLAUGHTERED had the shoe had been on the other foot and it was her who a had them on stage in the evening, being pawed by drunken strangers. Of that I have no doubt.

And whilst I don't think his 'fans' buy tickets specifically to see the kids, I think they always hope the little ones might make an appearance.
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    True, but who are these weirdos who want to see his kids at all?

Lots of my favourite celebrities have children, but I'm not remotely interested in seeing them, or even knowing anything about them at all. It's not relevant to me liking their parent(s).

I know Andre has no talent, so that his motivation for pushing the kids forward - but why on Earth are any of these people interested in his kids? It's a bit creepy, actually.

It really is creepy. I'm a mum, and I'm very particular about who and what my child is exposed to and the company he keeps, even if just for a short while. I'm his parent (along with his dad, luckily we are of the same view) and as responsible adults, we decide what situations our little one will be in and what we feel isn't appropriate. Like I said, differing parenting styles, I guess.
    I just came across a forum saying "Peter Andre Kids Ugly'' - omg what a horrible thing to say and no doubt one day the kids will find that online and will read it.

That is how expose TM kids are - he really should allowed some privacy for his children.

You have to wonder about the type of people who post such nastiness and filth about a couple of innocent little kids. Revolting.

Those kids are soo terribly over exposed it's almost like TM small fanbase think they 'know' them and they're public property. How incredibly sad for J&P.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed quite a few posts criticising TM's parenting style have 'disappeared' overnight.

Watch what you post Kids, the TM Army are not happy :p
    Heaven forfend that you'd criticise DOTY's parenting skillz! It's bad for business.;-)
    I just came across a forum saying "Peter Andre Kids Ugly'' - omg what a horrible thing to say and no doubt one day the kids will find that online and will read it.

That is how expose TM kids are - he really should allowed some privacy for his children.
    :( They're so not! I hope the thread starter and anyone who joined in wakes up one morning with a face like a walnut.>:(>:(
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Those kids are soo terribly over exposed it's almost like TM small fanbase think they 'know' them and they're public property. How incredibly sad for J&P.

Well, if you see comments under articles on him or on that channel thing of his, a lot of his fans do seem to see the kids as part and parcel of the PA package which PA encourages. They write things that normally you'd only expect to hear from family, relatives or close friends and talk about them as if they - the fans - are part of the PA family. It's invasive and creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a horrible and palpably untrue thing to say but, the sad fact is, if they weren't so visible, then the likelihood is that they would not be on the radar of vile trolls on the internet. This sadly is a product of the profile their father continues to give them. Shameful all round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Well, if you see comments under articles on him or on that channel thing of his, a lot of his fans do seem to see the kids as part and parcel of the PA package which PA encourages. They write things that normally you'd only expect to hear from family, relatives or close friends and talk about them as if they - the fans - are part of the PA family. It's invasive and creepy.
    It is a horrible and palpably untrue thing to say but, the sad fact is, if they weren't so visible, then the likelihood is that they would not be on the radar of vile trolls on the internet. This sadly is a product of the profile their father continues to give them. Shameful all round.

Agree on both posts Bela. I've read some of the comments left on TM 'channel' about his children and found them to be rather inappropriate, not to mention creepy. . I would hate for strangers to be that invested or interested in my child's life. IMO it's just not right.

I was watching some morning tv today before I finish my holidays and go back to work on Monday. Apparently Angelina Joile (Pitt) visited doctors and surgeons offices in Beverly Hills many, many times whilst she was preparing for her double mastectomy. Equally, they were able to go ahead and have a totally private wedding without anything being leaked to the press. Two of the most recognisable names in the world, and they can do that. And besides seeing their kids traipsing through numerous airports you don't see that much or know that much about them. As it should be, really.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea why Sam didn't post this in here, but for the sake of an easy response, I am quoting SenseiSam's post from the App thread:
    I don't think anyone on this thread should be obliged to justify or prove their opinions to posters on another thread but just for the record this is my individual response to Artless' post.

I don't dispute that Peter has been marketed by CAN as a family man but in my opinion that doesn't make him fake, they are just emphasising one of the qualities he possesses. Even his ex wife and her cohorts had to agree after the separation that he was a good father and I suspect her recent change in tone has little to do with any change in Peter's parenting.
    It doesn't matter why, it matters that he is ignoring it for those two kids, yet pretending to honour it for the newest addition - I say pretending because she has had more paid for/posed for mag covers than most zelebs since her birth. Why is one child's privacy more important than the others? Why are the wishes of one mother more important than the others?
    Deciding what's best for your children should involve taking their feelings into account rather than bowing to pressure from critical posters on forums for an easy life. I have no proof that they're 'desperate to go on stage' other than memories of reality shows where Junior has asked Pete when he'll be allowed and their apparent enjoyment when filmed/photographed doing so. Where's your proof that they're unwilling or reluctant? Personally I wouldn't go to a concert/signing in the hope of J&P being present and have absolutely no interest in acquiring their signatures!

Being a parent is about doing what is right for your child in spite of what they want because you are the adult. Sometimes that means saying no. Glad you wouldn't, but we have seen plenty of evidence of Princess signing autographs, fans touching her hair, asking for cuddles etc. WRONG.

As to your "bowing to pressure from a forum" why would he - I would hope he would have the sense to realise it himself. Obviously not, though.
    Katie was an equal partner in the kids appearing on their joint reality show and mag shoots, she only changed once she'd lost her own show. She's continued to use them to promote herself as the numerous photos from the sponsored Cape Verde holiday demonstrate. I believe he has taken Emily's feelings into account with Amelia. To my knowledge there's been one professional OK shoot featuring her shortly after she was born, which is something a number of celebs do. Other photographs have been from a distance and from what I've seen they've largely protected her face. Peter's tweeted a handful of shots of her, one side profile and the rest were the back of her head. That may be too much for some people but I don't find it excessive. As for Emily 'putting her foot down' and Pete being angry about it the exact quote from the article is "Pete says the chances of featuring Amelia are remote. 'Emily's not keen at the moment, which I understand. Although I wouldn't mind, I've got to respect her wishes.'"

Find a post where I have not censured/mocked/exclaimed disgust at kp for doing the same - when she was doing it. Doesn't stop the fact that she wants it to stop now, nor the fact that this action is in the best interest of the kids.
    The nature of Peter's work means he travels frequently to gigs and appearances. Emily and the kids could either stay at home or go along and spend more time together. I believe when they accompany him it's by choice because they enjoy the experience, if you want to believe otherwise that's fine. Seems difficult to prove either way.

There is nothing wrong with going along with him. The problem is when they are on stage with him at a gig that last all of a couple of hours. They do not need to be on the stage to spend time with him. That is not private time. Not quality time. It is time to show off for Daddy's fans. Very illogical argument.
    I completely agree drunk people on stage is not good and I certainly hope they review security and reconsider having the children on stage with members of the public in future. I don't see any relevance of imagined reactions to 'she who must not be discussed on DS in negative terms' in similar circumstances. I have no problem separating them it's a shame they have to be continually linked on DS.

I did, that's why I posed the question. Shame you didn't actually manage to address it - because I know what the response would have been.

Mine would have been the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why Sam didn't post this in here, but for the sake of an easy response, I am quoting SenseiSam's post from the App thread:

It doesn't matter why, it matters that he is ignoring it for those two kids, yet pretending to honour it for the newest addition - I say pretending because she has had more paid for/posed for mag covers than most zelebs since her birth. Why is one child's privacy more important than the others? Why are the wishes of one mother more important than the others?

Being a parent is about doing what is right for your child in spite of what they want because you are the adult. Sometimes that means saying no. Glad you wouldn't, but we have seen plenty of evidence of Princess signing autographs, fans touching her hair, asking for cuddles etc. WRONG.

As to your "bowing to pressure from a forum" why would he - I would hope he would have the sense to realise it himself. Obviously not, though.

Find a post where I have not censured/mocked/exclaimed disgust at kp for doing the same - when she was doing it. Doesn't stop the fact that she wants it to stop now, nor the fact that this action is in the best interest of the kids.

There is nothing wrong with going along with him. The problem is when they are on stage with him at a gig that last all of a couple of hours. They do not need to be on the stage to spend time with him. That is not private time. Not quality time. It is time to show off for Daddy's fans. Very illogical argument.

I did, that's why I posed the question. Shame you didn't actually manage to address it - because I know what the response would have been.

Excellent response Art and thank you for replying here where it's actually possible to give a response as it's impossible when posts are made on an 'appreciation' thread and it's against the T&C to have a right of reply to posts aimed at you, without being alerted by the regulars. It's a pity that poster couldn't have replied here, where it IS possible to reply to the points and discussion at hand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how much his fans dress it up, it was inappropriate to have his young children on stage and allowing Princess to be put in that position.
    It is irresponsible parenting, when ever I think he can't repulse me more than he already does he manages to sink to that one step lower.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it is now okay because Pa is a people person.

So, again...it's all about him and what he needs rather than what is right for the children???

Comparing dragging a 6 year old on stage with you as part of your act (which is selling them to your fans) is not really comparable to two adult hangers on following you everywhere, by choice. Particularly as neither seem to have managed a career away from pa.

Always helps to have family on the pay role - stops them answering you back I've heard.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A far better post than I could have done, says it all. I was about to reply in the other thread but then realised it was the Appreciation thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    A far better post than I could have done, says it all. I was about to reply in the other thread but then realised it was the Appreciation thread.

If I highlighted and brought over all the digs aimed at posters from this thread I'd be here all afternoon and I've to collect my wee one from Friday games at school at 2.30pm so don't have the time, nor the inclination to do so.

It's a pity the posters over there just can't get on with appreciating TM and leave out the digs towards posters who find him truly woeful and not at all worthy of any sort of appreciation - on any level. And because of the T&C involving appreciation threads, non TM fans can only have their right of reply, at posts aimed at them elsewhere, on this thread.

It's the most Off topic appreciation thread I think I've ever read on DS:D

Anyway, time to move on, I think.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I highlighted and brought over all the digs aimed at posters from this thread I'd be here all afternoon and I've to collect my wee one from Friday games at school at 2.30pm so don't have the time, nor the inclination to do so.

It's a pity the posters over there just can't get on with appreciating TM and leave out the digs to the posters who find him truly woeful and not at all worthy of any worth of appreciation on any level. And because of the T&C involving appreciation threads, non TM fans can only have their right of reply, at posts aimed at them elsewhere, on this thread.

It's the most Off topic appreciation thread I think I've ever read on DS:D

Anyway, time to move on, I think.

But the posters here read the appreciation thread. Kind of contradictory given the general dislike of Pete wouldn't you agree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    But the posters here read the appreciation thread. Kind of contradictory given the general dislike of Pete wouldn't you agree?

Not at all. The appreciation thread is a great source of enjoyment for me. :)

And equally, whilst this isn't a 'non appreciation' TM thread per se, I think the tone is pretty much set, and has been for some considerable time, as to how the majority of FM who tend to post here feel about him, yet you, as a bone fide TM fan, still come here and read and post.

Anyway, like I said, time to move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And equally, whilst this isn't a 'non appreciation' TM thread per se, I think the tone is pretty much set, and has been for some considerable time, as to how the majority of FM who tend to post here feel about him, yet you, as a bone fide TM fan, still come here and read and post.

What a reasonable and sensible post! :cool:

What I don't really get is why anyone who genuinely likes and appreciates the Andre would care a whit about those who don't? It has a whiff of insecurity about it.

I like lots of people who I know others loathe and who often get a really hard time on here. While it can be irritating at times to read outrageous lies about them and/or what I consider to be outrageous lies about them ;-):D, which I will and do address, ultimately it doesn't matter in the least to me since I'm happily confident in my reasons for liking those people in the first place. And I'm actually talking about proper celebs, people with acknowledged talent, not jack-of-all-trades zelebrities!

I can understand those who like PA wanting to correct innacurate facts. That's fine and fair. But sneering and making pointed remarks about people whose opinions on him - based on things he says and does! - that they don't approve of is imo really odd behaviour.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Just been catching up & completely agree with every poster who has criticised TM for allowing P & J to appear on stage with him.

While I don't believe his fans go & see him in the hope of catching a glimpse of his kids, I'd pretty much guarantee there was a massive cheer when he paraded them on stage & while TM might be bursting with pride, what is this teaching P & J, that people adore them because they naively believe their Dad is some kind of mega star, it's just so wrong, all he's doing is paving the way for them to be deluded as he is.

I don't like saying this & fully expect to be frowned upon for doing so but IMHO Junior is already showing signs of being overly confident & somewhat of a little show off but that is not the poor kid's fault, it's purely down to TM's encouragement for him to perform in front of the cameras (on his RTV show) therefore to allow him to appear on stage to be greeted by cheers & applause is plain crazy.
    As for Princess, she always came across as a shy wee girl so I'm struggling to believe she appeared on that stage without any persuasion.
    I know his fans may be saying, it was all innocent, they were having fun etc, that is completely irrelevant, my kids would have fun eating chocolate & crisps while playing on their xbox all day but a big part of being a parent is being the bad guy & saying no a lot of the time but that fact seems to have escaped pea brained Pete, as long as he is benefiting, he appears to have no problem with exploiting his kids.

I'm not saying he doesn't love them as he clearly adores them but it really is about time he sat down & had a good long think & realised, using P & J to help his career is a terrible move, if he doesn't have the intellect to do this on his own, perhaps it's time Ems or even MMC stepped in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which, I think you will find, I am quite entitled to given the thread is a general PA thread. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a reasonable and sensible post! :cool:

What I don't really get is why anyone who genuinely likes and appreciates the Andre would care a whit about those who don't? It has a whiff of insecurity about it.

I like lots of people who I know others loathe and who often get a really hard time on here. While it can be irritating at times to read outrageous lies about them and/or what I consider to be outrageous lies about them ;-):D, which I will and do address, ultimately it doesn't matter in the least to me since I'm happily confident in my reasons for liking those people in the first place. And I'm actually talking about proper celebs, people with acknowledged talent, not jack-of-all-trades zelebrities!

I can understand those who like PA wanting to correct innacurate facts. That's fine and fair. But sneering and making pointed remarks about people whose opinions on him - based on things he says and does! - that they don't approve of is imo really odd behaviour.

And vice versa wouldn't you agree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been catching up & completely agree with every poster who has criticised TM for allowing P & J to appear on stage with him.

While I don't believe his fans go & see him in the hope of catching a glimpse of his kids, I'd pretty much guarantee there was a massive cheer when he paraded them on stage & while TM might be bursting with pride, what is this teaching P & J, that people adore them because they naively believe their Dad is some kind of mega star, it's just so wrong, all he's doing is paving the way for them to be deluded as he is.

I don't like saying this & fully expect to be frowned upon for doing so but IMHO Junior is already showing signs of being overly confident & somewhat of a little show off but that is not the poor kid's fault, it's purely down to TM's encouragement for him to perform in front of the cameras (on his RTV show) therefore to allow him to appear on stage to be greeted by cheers & applause is plain crazy.
    As for Princess, she always came across as a shy wee girl so I'm struggling to believe she appeared on that stage without any persuasion.
    I know his fans may be saying, it was all innocent, they were having fun etc, that is completely irrelevant, my kids would have fun eating chocolate & crisps while playing on their xbox all day but a big part of being a parent is being the bad guy & saying no a lot of the time but that fact seems to have escaped pea brained Pete, as long as he is benefiting, he appears to have no problem with exploiting his kids.

I'm not saying he doesn't love them as he clearly adores them but it really is about time he sat down & had a good long think & realised, using P & J to help his career is a terrible move, if he doesn't have the intellect to do this on his own, perhaps it's time Ems or even MMC stepped in.

Annnnyhoooo, skipping on ;-)

Great post BEL. And unfortunately, I too find Junior a little over confident. I think that at school some of his peers might not like that. You know what kids can be like if they think someone is a bit of a show off or jack the lad type.

But hey ho. Each to their own, parenting wise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    And vice versa wouldn't you agree?

If by vice versa you mean you don't get why anyone who genuinely dislikes the Andre would care a whit about those who do, then I agree. I don't care a whit about those who do.

The only thing I do care about as far as his fans are concerned is the implication by his fans that anyone who fails to see what his fans see in him is somehow lacking. :)

That's reasonable, wouldn't you agree?
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Annnnyhoooo, skipping on ;-)

Great post BEL. And unfortunately, I too find Junior a little over confident. I think that at school some of his peers might not like that. You know what kids can be like if they think someone is a bit of a show off or jack the lad type.

But hey ho. Each to their own, parenting wise!

Totally agree over Junior
    Anyone else remember the scene from my suff.. Oops life when they were backstage in Blackpool Opera House ?
    They were in the dressing rooms where all the female dancers costumes were stored and Junior was rooting through them and playing to the cameras started to make a totally off colour comment about the dancers figures
    The gurning one raising his rolling eyes to heaven went to put his hand over the lads mouth but you could almost sense the 'that's my boy ' pseudo 'pride 'that he was doing it in his body language
    He needs to nip that in the bud pronto
    If only for the fact that as the former DOTY goes forward he will doubtless flog the poor lad adolescence to his "fan" as well
    The cocky atitude he has already got won't endear him to his peers as it is and I fear may cause him to be bullyed and god help the girl that he asks out and her family
    Hopefully her father will tell 'loves his kids"EXACTLY where to go when he no doubt try's to get them involved in his pathetic fiasco
    Maybe he might invite prospective candidates on stage to audition
    IN MY OPINION the kids need to and SHOULD be taken off screen NOW
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Totally agree over Junior
    Anyone else remember the scene from my suff.. Oops life when they were backstage in Blackpool Opera House ?
    They were in the dressing rooms where all the female dancers costumes were stored and Junior was rooting through them and playing to the cameras started to make a totally off colour comment about the dancers figures
    The gurning one raising his rolling eyes to heaven went to put his hand over the lads mouth but you could almost sense the 'that's my boy ' pseudo 'pride 'that he was doing it in his body language
    He needs to nip that in the bud pronto
    If only for the fact that as the former DOTY goes forward he will doubtless flog the poor lad adolescence to his "fan" as well
    The cocky atitude he has already got won't endear him to his peers as it is and I fear may cause him to be bullyed and god help the girl that he asks out and her family
    Hopefully her father will tell 'loves his kids"EXACTLY where to go when he no doubt try's to get them involved in his pathetic fiasco
    Maybe he might invite prospective candidates on stage to audition
    IN MY OPINION the kids need to and SHOULD be taken off screen NOW

They should never have been there in the first place.
    Obviously, BOTH parents were equally at fault for including the children in the rtv series in the first place.
    But as far as Tangoman is concerned, it's gone way beyond that point now.
    They are in magazine shoots.
    They are all over BBCAndre.
    They not only accompany him to his appearances at shopping centres, but they are active participants, with Princess signing autographs, and being "touched".
    (And while we are on the subject, who in the holy hell wants a 6 year old's autograph???)
    And they are front row centre at his musical performances.
    Whether people like it or not, the impression is that Tangoman is selling himself as a "package", and the children are very much an integral part of that package.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tangoman loves his children.
    But there is being a loving parent, and acting like a loving parent.
    And part of being a parent is being able to set boundaries and guidelines for your children, even if it means they don't like you very much for it.
    I get the impression that TM wants to be mates with his children. But he's not their mate, he's their father, and the lessons he is teaching them are not helpful. IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do agree with your post, but I have to say I don't think he adores them.
    He comes across as a self centred xxxxxxxxx
    The new baby was hardly out of hospital before he was pontificating about having a boy.
    Junior and Princess are children. Why can't he just let them be :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breath of fresh air anyone, Frank Lampard, Jeff Brazier not perfect, not supermen, just well known successful public faces dealing with their kids in an ordinary, protective manner, just like all loving dads do, day in, day out, famous or not
    Shame then isnt it that when you compare just these two private ordinary dads doing whats best for their kids against PA, they come across like bloody selfless heros >:(
This discussion has been closed.