Options

Support Amelia Lily - 'California' single out now

blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not associated with her. Just a fan.

It's a great single.

Basically i want this album. I want a second single. If it flops we don't get that. So please support. Streaming will bring her down the chart a lot but lets see how well this does.

63 on iTunes already...!:p

BUY, BUY, BUY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqxCkOIYx6I
Views very low...!:confused:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/california-single/id894687827

Comments

• Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Amelia, bought the single last night, shame to see it not doing too well, its annoying considering I dislike pretty much every song above it in iTunes, I just don't like anything in the charts nowadays, shame because I was mad on the charts back in 2008/9.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the song that rhymes California with City?????

Terrible song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the song that rhymes California with City?????

Terrible song

It doesn't rhyme, it's not meant too...

And better than most of the rubbish that everyone seems to be buying these days
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She tries to force it to rhyme

Californ i ay

London Cit ay

And just because it's better than other rubbish (in your opinion) doesn't mean it is any good.
  • Options
    catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred her Xenomania songs. A shame they pulled the plug on her original album when she had already signed copies!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She tries to force it to rhyme

Californ i ay

London Cit ay

And just because it's better than other rubbish (in your opinion) doesn't mean it is any good.

yes sorry, I forgot to add 'in my opinion', Its just I enjoyed the charts a lot back in 2008/9, I could listen to the whole top 40 and enjoy every song, now its impressive if I like just one song in the top 40.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Did this song even get any radio play??
    This is the annoying thing: good songs like Home by Leah Mcfall and Now California by Amelia Lily flop because of little to no promotion and radio play :/
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this song and I've just bought it from Amazon. It's so catchy. The verses remind me a bit of the brilliant Amy Studt's Misfit but that's no bad thing! Amy's brilliant and I'm not saying Amelia's song is a copy, it just has that certain vibe to it, imo, music-wise.

I much prefer this song to the other singles Amelia released. I usually love Xenomania (especially Girls Aloud and Sugababes) but I found their stuff with Amelia quite dull, especially You Bring Me Joy which has one of the most tuneless, repetitive choruses ever! California is one of the best pop songs I've heard in a long time and I love the Californ-i-a and Cit-ay. I think it's fun!

I hope the song does well for Amelia and I hope her future singles/album have equally good songs on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I love this song and I've just bought it from Amazon. It's so catchy. The verses remind me a bit of the brilliant Amy Studt's Misfit but that's no bad thing! Amy's brilliant and I'm not saying Amelia's song is a copy, it just has that certain vibe to it, imo, music-wise.

I much prefer this song to the other singles Amelia released. I usually love Xenomania (especially Girls Aloud and Sugababes) but I found their stuff with Amelia quite dull, especially You Bring Me Joy which has one of the most tuneless, repetitive choruses ever! California is one of the best pop songs I've heard in a long time and I love the Californ-i-a and Cit-ay. I think it's fun!

I hope the song does well for Amelia and I hope her future singles/album have equally good songs on it.

Do Amazon sales sount towards to Official Charts sales?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SammyBond wrote: »
    Do Amazon sales sount towards to Official Charts sales?

yep they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cool, I was just wondering :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clarky323 wrote: »
    yep they do.

Cool, I was just wondering, thanks :)
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be a record if she managed to get a second album shelved?
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard it a few times on Imagine FM in July. They then stopped playing it until it was released on Monday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New entry at number 83.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's so disappointing. What are the chances we're ever going to hear this elusive album?
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted :( It's a good song! Deserves much (much) higher. It was very well-received when she performed it at a festival in London a few months ago...
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New entry at number 83.

Do you revel in the failure of young girls in the music industry?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Do you revel in the failure of young girls in the music industry?

Oh crap my stalker has returned!
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh crap my stalker has returned!

Is that the only response you can muster? I've yet to see you post anything positive about anyone. Report me if you think I'm stalking you. I think you'll find I've done nothing of the sort. That's a pretty serious accusation to be making.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was #55 on sales. It's to be expected really. I'm a big fan of her Xenomania music, but this just does nothing for me. Hopefully Nadine will release some of the 'Be A Fighter' songs.
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. It's naff and generic, her original stuff was far better.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright but no you bring me joy or shut up.

what happened with her last album anyway?
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another album scrapped. Oh dear.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I supported her by not listening to the track or downloading it, shes an ok singer but these labels need to realise been on tv for 2 months dont always equal money made.