Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spooling wrote: »
    quote:
    Nicholas McDonald ♛ retweeted
    Conor Maynard @ConorMaynard · Sep 19
    Don't mind me guys, just blockin out the haters

Good retweet Nicky.

Worth noting that the originator of the meme has herself come in for loads of abuse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/broom-broom-vine-star-tish-4022625
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,623
    Forum Member
    I'm so out of touch with social media. :p I thought Nicky's "mum's car" thing was just a random clip that he'd come up with himself.
  • A_SmithA_Smith Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Happy' from Adventure Island.

http://vk.com/nicholasmcdonald?z=video-59220906_169976699%2F942ee81839c45c6d12

Not that bothered by the haters then :D
    Forum Member
    How do they find all these clips when they're not on YouTube? I think the Russian fans are a little bit more full on compared to us Brits. :p

Can you imagine if Nicky gets to perform on a popular Russian TV programme one day. Those Russian fans would have more than just a field day. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OT, but research has been done to prove that internet trolls are, wait for it, just not very nice people. Gasp!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists?tr=MostViewed
  • spoolingspooling Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Smith wrote: »
    OT, but research has been done to prove that internet trolls are, wait for it, just not very nice people....

Well there are trollers and trollers
    Some are completely mad.
    Others have some sense of of humor as this one:
    quote from twitter:

Popjustice ‏@Popjustice · 3m
    Seriously though where's the Tamera Foster single

Whatsoever ‏@hey_whatsoever · 1m
    @Popjustice she still can't remember the lyrics. It's been put back until she can. Still waiting

I think artists have to live with that (as also politicians, sportsmen and many others have).
    When completely false information is spread with a clear intention to harm, I think just blocking that info is the best approach, rather than creating a forum for the junk.
    Forum Member
    It's strange though what makes people feel the need to troll.

Again, on Nicky's FB page he posts another clip of him singing "i'm in me mum's car (broom broom(" and the amount of disgraceful comments I've read of there are terrible.

Eileen keeps saying Nicky ignores them but you know the situation is getting out of control when Eileen herself feels the need to comment on how pathetic the trolls are.

Facebook would be better by having more control over the Likes. Eg; when Nicky is logged into his official FB account he can block people who liked his page just to troll. By doing this, the troll would be blocked from Nicky's page and wouldn't be able to post comments anymore, or Like Nicky's page on a second attempt as it would be greyed out or something.

It's one way of making it easier for the real fans to posts their opinions without being surrounded by a sea of shite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Nicky was on stage in front of people who had paid to hear him sing when all this was going on, and there's a certain amount of comfort to be had from that :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may be off topic, but it's still interesting to see how others do.

Quote from Instagram:

lukeyfriend
    41 minutes ago
    OK guys so you all know I’m off on tour with @wearethevamps from tomorrow but even more excitingly im going to be slowly giving away the video to my new song Take On The World!! Make sure you get your hands on the official tour program or get down to the busking sessions I’ll be doing at each city to get a new clip! ...

He may be busking in your street!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2014 so much better than 2013???

X Factor’s yearly decline has continued to worsen, with last night’s show seeing more dropping figures in the TV ratings.

An average audience of 8.66 million viewers watched the final episode of auditions, including those you caught up on ITV+1.

It’s down almost 1.2 million viewers on last year where 9.82 million watched the last round of Arena tryouts ahead of bootcamp.

In slightly good news for show bosses however the series has seemingly stabilised at these lower numbers, with last night’s show up ever so slightly from last Sunday’s 8.6 million and on a par with yesterday’s 8.6 million figure

http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/197705-x-factor-2014-ratings-down-over-1-million-viewers-on-last-year.html

The good news: people may be interested to see this:

But the pressure of performing and the six seat challenge sees tears, while the judges’ decisions prompt boos from the audience and chants of a FIX.

“Trust us, my heart is banging as hard as yours,” Cheryl tells one hopeful, later adding “Honestly, I feel like I want to throw up right now.”

Simon Cowell meanwhile says: “I wish I could start this day all over again…

“We are going to have a riot on our hands.”

http://tellymix.co.uk/gallery/197711-pictures-x-factor-2014-bootcamp-sees-tears-boos-and-fix-claims.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyar Fox is no longer listed at RCA.
    http://www.rca-records.co.uk/
    (Nicky actually never was in this list)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may be off topic, but it's still interesting to see how others do.

Quote from Instagram:

lukeyfriend
    41 minutes ago
    OK guys so you all know I’m off on tour with @wearethevamps from tomorrow but even more excitingly im going to be slowly giving away the video to my new song Take On The World!! Make sure you get your hands on the official tour program or get down to the busking sessions I’ll be doing at each city to get a new clip! ...

He may be busking in your street!!!

Busking? How very Luke. I'm keep my eyes peeled :)
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the betting whatever the scenario that prompted the crowd chanting 'fix' was engineered? What better way to challenge the growing perception that manipulation is at play than to create a false 'fix' to distract attention from the real machinations. Then it can be disproved within the show while Simon does some speech about how important the 'Great British public's faith in us is'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaha, Nicky's just tweeted

Nicholas McDonald ♛ ‏@nickymcdonald1 · 28m
    I can feel "am in my mums car " part 2 Coming on ... Hmmmmm 😂😂😂
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    What's the betting whatever the scenario that prompted the crowd chanting 'fix' was engineered? What better way to challenge the growing perception that manipulation is at play than to create a false 'fix' to distract attention from the real machinations. Then it can be disproved within the show while Simon does some speech about how important the 'Great British public's faith in us is'.

So stupid, all this stuff. Looking at the MF, while there are lots of posts commenting on the judges, and going on about fixing, I would say the main interest for xf viewers and posters is the acts themselves. From what I've seen this year, the singing is more of a sideline than ever, what with the focus on the judges and the endless backstories and manipulation. So glad Nicky didn't take Gary's advice to come back in a year.
    Forum Member
    I've been seriously underwhelmed with what I've seen so far on The X Factor 2014.

The one night I check out the audition show, there is so much emphasis on Cheryl Cole. Some Irish lad serenading her whilst singing really badly making Cheryl squirm. Needless to say, I switched the channel over when the following auditionee also failed to impress me.

Last night I saw a bit of X Factor and Tom Mann was on singing singing some random song before getting his guitar to sing I Want It That Way. Two points:

1. Why didn't Simon Cowell smash his guitar? Two weeks ago he claimed he hated "boys with guitars" but just 14 days later the public have forgotten that. Then again, the average X Factor viewer forgets what happened 14 minutes ago.

2. Tom Mann changed the melody in the chorus to I Want It That Way and because I wasn't really interested, I thought he'd gone right off key - or there was a key change I'd missed and my head struggled with the melody he was singing. LOL!!! :D I had to rewind it and listen again because the first time it played havoc with my brain (i swear down, I genuinely had to watch it again just to make sure I heard it right the first time) :D

So Luke is touring with The Vamps eh? That's actually a bloody good deal there. I shouldn't really admit to this but The Vamps are a guilty pleasure for me. I wouldn't say their songs are brilliant but they're catchy (especially Wild Heart) and they seem like genuinely decent young lads. Put it this way, they're not stuck in their bedrooms trolling all over Nicky's FB page. Instead they're out there doing something with their lives that could make them financially secure for the rest of their lives. The trolls are likely to be financially secure thanks to claiming benefits. :p

Anyways, back on topic I'm intrigued by this "i'm in me mum's car" part 2. G'won Nicky lad, shove it right into the faces of your haters!!! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Happy' from Adventure Island.

http://vk.com/nicholasmcdonald?z=video-59220906_169976699%2F942ee81839c45c6d12

Not that bothered by the haters then :D

Nicky's stage presence is improving from gig to gig.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicky's stage presence is improving from gig to gig.

It is good to see him so at home on a stage so far from home too, which bodes well for the tour. Pity we haven't seen a few more clips from Southend appearing though. I guess a lot goes on vine and instagram etc rather than YouTube these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    ...So Luke is touring with The Vamps eh? That's actually a bloody good deal there....

His show mummy is teaching him how to sing:
    http://instagram.com/p/tSLs_FuJhd/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's sad that some performers at the arena do not even get a clip of their own performance.
    Quote for Michael Rice;

Michael Rice ‏@MichaelRiceOff · Sep 22
    Was anyone at my arena audition who filmed it? You'd be a life saver?

Gutted @xfactor did not show me and loads of others this weekend. My audition was amazing and would of loved my #ricesters to see it!!

Here is his room auditon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef3E70IHHWI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is good to see him so at home on a stage so far from home too, which bodes well for the tour. Pity we haven't seen a few more clips from Southend appearing though. I guess a lot goes on vine and instagram etc rather than YouTube these days.

He's become quite a mover too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's become quite a mover too :)

His fellow god parent will be pleased - I remember her wittering on about moving round the stage and dancing more on xf. Not the easiest thing to do to 'In the Arms of an Angel' Sharon :)

He moves really well naturally, which I quite enjoy as opposed to seeing a choreographed routine. I always think he reacts to the beat of the song instinctively and he's got such good timing too. In the clip of him and Sam doing The A Team at Sam's headline gig in Glasgow the other week, they missed a line because they were mucking about with the mic and Sam was all over the place while Nicky never missed a beat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad that some performers at the arena do not even get a clip of their own performance.
    Quote for Michael Rice;

Was anyone at my arena audition who filmed it? You'd be a life saver?

Gutted @xfactor did not show me and loads of others this weekend. My audition was amazing and would of loved my #ricesters to see it!!

Here is his room auditon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef3E70IHHWI

Poor kid. He wasn't brilliant but he was far more entertaining that Cheryl looking happy, Cheryl looking sad or, worst of all, Cheryl registering amazement. Seems sad that he didn't get a keepsake clip of his arena audition, but the exposure he did get from his room audition won't have done him any harm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His fellow god parent will be pleased - I remember her wittering on about moving round the stage and dancing more on xf. Not the easiest thing to do to 'In the Arms of an Angel' Sharon :)

He moves really well naturally, which I quite enjoy as opposed to seeing a choreographed routine. I always think he reacts to the beat of the song instinctively and he's got such good timing too. In the clip of him and Sam doing The A Team at Sam's headline gig in Glasgow the other week, they missed a line because they were mucking about with the mic and Sam was all over the place while Nicky never missed a beat.

I keep banging on about his instinctive musicality but apart from the tonal quality of his voice, you're right, he does have exceptional timing, and that's often overlooked. I remember noticing how good it was when he did the bridge section of I Won't Give Up at boot camp. He sang it with a swing and a swagger, hitting the triplet-based rhythm bang on the head. Many singers would have trouble with that sort of precision and they'd get away with it because we don't usually expect the voice to add anything percussively. Nicky did however and that for me, in conjunction with the tonal quality and his use of legato, that's what made that section so powerful - a proper goosebumps moment, and the moment that convinced me he was something pretty special.

Honestly, people get so carried away being impressed by runs and licks and high notes, that they miss the subtler things that add colour, depth and expression to a vocal performance far beyond the artifice. Nicky really has an exceptional command of all of those and he was never given nearly enough credit for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Nicky had a strong musical style because of that rhythmic precision (although I couldn't describe the technicalities) but was never given the songs to show it off. All the more annoying when the panel kept saying he was boring and lacking an identity. Still, lets move on :)

On another note, he has changed the look of his fb page, for the better I think. The pics he's chosen are a sort of message of intent, make a bit more of a statement.