Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Rosie O'Donnell and Ellen DeGeneres actually love men and their marriages are utter shams?

What a strange view you hold.
    bratwurzt wrote: »
    Duh...He obviously didn't mean all of them.

Indeed. It's all the yoof of today who pretend to be lesbian in the hope of getting interest from the media. And sadly, they get it.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Harvey Keitel selling his soul and his greatest ever character.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Park - start saving for a debt-free Christmas 2015.

I know there's no problem with saving over the year for Christmas (we did until I was the only child living at home, and that was 2005) - but the one that's 15 months in advance?
  • Options
    AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Harvey Keitel selling his soul and his greatest ever character.

I hate this. It's the same with Samuel L Jackson and the other big names doing crappy tv ads. They can't need the money, surely.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hive has come back with a new jingle :eek: :eek: :mad:
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go Compare - Wiggle workout? Piss off! >:(
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one for the "The Leftovers" TV show that will be watched by about 10 people on Sky Atlantic.

"Sam...Saaaaaaaaaaaaaammm!"

Also, the one for HSBC which shows a boy preparing for his date...with the help of his entire family (?!). If I were the boy and the advert included my family, the only help I'd receive is an awkward chat with my mum about "being safe", should the date go well. Another one of those "we get you, real people" ads from the banks.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I saw the ridiculous Chloe advert the other day. I think it's the worst of the lot!.

I take it the pretty actresses were unavailable the day they filmed it, she looks like a buck toothed backwards barbie.

The Thomson advert using the Queen song but cutting before the 'mamma just killed a man line' very bizarre.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Indeed. It's all the yoof of today who pretend to be lesbian in the hope of getting interest from the media. And sadly, they get it.

That one was genuine. Rodriguez is a mess and Cara needed to concentrate on her 'aspiring career as an actress' and her own messes. Rodriguez went off to beard with Zac Efron until their tragic and inevitable 'split' about 6 minutes later.

I still can't get over the Snoop moneysupermarket ad. How he can even hold his head up is beyond me. Total sellout, then lampoons others in his 'charming' way. Eww.

They've modified the Liberte yogurt ad and it still comes across as embarrassing and gag-worthy. You couldn't get a more uninterested, get-me-out-of-here personality to flog it as they have done with Denise. Well, maybe Snoop could give it a go.:o
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Park - start saving for a debt-free Christmas 2015.

I know there's no problem with saving over the year for Christmas (we did until I was the only child living at home, and that was 2005) - but the one that's 15 months in advance?

It's around this time of year most people i know start complaining about places advertising for Christmas but 15 months is a new record
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    And Idris,you lovely man..what are....mumffs ?

Oh lordy, that reminds me of a bank advert (RBS I think, can't remember exactly) where the horribly common voiceover girl advised you could get help "if your card is lost or shtolen.".
  • Options
    gopher_uk1gopher_uk1 Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    I cant decide which of the Disneyland adverts to hate more. The "Buy your childrens' love, buy it" or the "Take your teenager to Disney for incestuous fun."
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Oh lordy, that reminds me of a bank advert (RBS I think, can't remember exactly) where the horribly common voiceover girl advised you could get help "if your card is lost or shtolen.".

Would that be if you were on the shtreet or only if you were a shtudent? :D
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Yep I saw the ridiculous Chloe advert the other day. I think it's the worst of the lot!.

Is that the one where she ignores the guy calling her, because she'd rather skip around her apartment, gurning like an idiot?

Yep, hate it.
  • Options
    LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Is that the one where she ignores the guy calling her, because she'd rather skip around her apartment, gurning like an idiot?

Yep, hate it.

Yes I can't stand that advert and the guy on the phone sounds really pervy.
    And of course The cillit bang one is really annoying why he has to shout so loudly is beyond me !!!
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I see that bloody Strictly trailer one more time, I'm going to dropkick the TV straight out the window! Quit advertising that trash BBC! >:(
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Haven't seen it, but this made me laugh, certainly not the worst ad :D:p

It's just the way she delivers the line. I'd expect the rest of the ad to be much more sleezy if they were going to make a joke like that, it's just a bit bizarre and bitchy, but yeah there are worse ads.
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That blasted advert for a holiday with a teddy bear and the words of a song being spoken instead of sung. I've seen it three times this evening, already hitting the mute button as that annoying voice starts.
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fly be ad where the dad jumps on a plane to chase after his child with a forgotten rabbit. And I still really really hate the muller rice ads erghhhhhh
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just seen the River Island ad where the man and woman strip off after the bloke leers at her.
    WHY? :confused:
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    The fly be ad where the dad jumps on a plane to chase after his child with a forgotten rabbit. And I still really really hate the muller rice ads erghhhhhh

I dont get the flybe one, they have just pulled off, all he has to do is jump back in his car and follow the coach until the stop for a break?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    or maybe think that it's the right time in life for the child to give up her cuddly toy.
  • Options
    UlchabhanUlchabhan Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    That blasted advert for a holiday with a teddy bear and the words of a song being spoken instead of sung. I've seen it three times this evening, already hitting the mute button as that annoying voice starts.

That "annoying voice" is William Shatner, and the early part of his rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody is good compared to the rest of it, which is so awful it is very funny.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Tuvok wrote: »
    But he's not Barry Scott!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cillit_Bang
    UK advertisements are presented by "Barry Scott", a brashly enthusiastic character played by Neil Burgess, who claims that Cillit Bang can remove limescale, ...
    ‎Product Range and ingredients - ‎Advertising campaign

You mean he's not?!
    A part of me has died :cry::p
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »

Yep, hate it.

Ithe guy on the phone is creepy, could not be any creepier if they had saville doing it 😱 😡😡
This discussion has been closed.