Options

Come Dine With Me (Monday 15 Sept)

2»

Comments

• Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was unbelievable a 55 yr old having the temper tantrum of a two year old!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    The younger woman did have quite an energetic personality, but it was hardly offensive. The older woman was simply nasty. She took an instant disliking to her and started to pick fault every time she spoke. The way she kept bringing up how attractive and young she was made it seem like she was jealous and it was a bit creepy how she kept randomly talking about her, like when she was making her own dessert. Why did she have to mention and insult her for possibly not liking it before she'd even made it? Her tantrum at the end seemed like a cry for attention. The tall guy annoyed me a bit too. The way he basically said that fantasy novels are for 13-16 year olds and joked about throwing his gift out of the window was just rude. He seemed to have it out for the other guy, despite acknowledging that he seemed nice.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This episode was the best one ever!!

I have stopped watching it and yesterday the tv was just on that channel when it was on, so glad I ended up watching it!

I cannot believe how it ended, what a big baby the 55 year old woman was, after just saying how mature she was, flouncing off as she came last. It was sooooo funny when she had a go at the man saying she could have given him zero, then she says she will stay in touch.
    Maybe she should consider therapy.

It was just so good, it was trending on twitter too.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »

Do women really react that badly to having a younger, more beautiful woman in the room? :o

They certainly do in the The Showbiz Forum section of DS! So not surprised by the woman on CDWM.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    I only watched this because of the comments and :o what an ending. I was shocked she came back to finish the show tbh :blush:

Not sure the 2 men will want to keep in touch with her tho :D
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was wonderfully awful. Heather was a right old cow, possibly the worst one ever on CDWM? Shame the two men were nothing special, it could have been the best ever ep otherwise;-)
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Watching on More4 +1, this blonde woman really irritates me.
  • Options
    DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I only watched this because of the comments and :o what an ending. I was shocked she came back to finish the show tbh :blush:

Not sure the 2 men will want to keep in touch with her tho :D

Aww, she wanted to 'remain in touch' with them though :D

Also, strange bunch on today's ep...
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Oh - my misunderstanding then, sorry.

It was epic flouncing, wasn't it?

And the scatter gun approach to all her unfortunate guests was jaw dropping when she knew she would be judged on hosting. I loved the bit at the end where she said she'd keep in touch with the two men. Bet they'd be washing their hair if she ever invited them to visit again.
    No worries :)

Yup - EPIC :o:D
    MissMarvel wrote: »
    The younger woman did have quite an energetic personality, but it was hardly offensive. The older woman was simply nasty. She took an instant disliking to her and started to pick fault every time she spoke. The way she kept bringing up how attractive and young she was made it seem like she was jealous and it was a bit creepy how she kept randomly talking about her, like when she was making her own dessert. Why did she have to mention and insult her for possibly not liking it before she'd even made it? Her tantrum at the end seemed like a cry for attention. The tall guy annoyed me a bit too. The way he basically said that fantasy novels are for 13-16 year olds and joked about throwing his gift out of the window was just rude. He seemed to have it out for the other guy, despite acknowledging that he seemed nice.
    That's why I made the comment that I did.....it was difficult to put her (obvious) intense dislike down to anything but jealousy, really.
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    This episode was the best one ever!!

I have stopped watching it and yesterday the tv was just on that channel when it was on, so glad I ended up watching it!

I cannot believe how it ended, what a big baby the 55 year old woman was, after just saying how mature she was, flouncing off as she came last. It was sooooo funny when she had a go at the man saying she could have given him zero, then she says she will stay in touch.
    Maybe she should consider therapy.

It was just so good, it was trending on twitter too.
    Hmmmm. it WAS a doozy but nothing beats the 'Fraser' (Forbes :D ) episode for me ;)

I've watched it about 5 times now and still howl with laughter when it's on.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'll make a 'sweeping generalisation' - the jealous old cow was ugly inside and out.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll make a 'sweeping generalisation' - the jealous old cow was ugly inside and out.
    Yeah.....that ^^^ :D
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I certainly wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley.

Or a well lit alley.

Or anywhere, really. Hope the two boys gave her false numbers - I don't think either of them would have the cojones to turn her down if she rang and invited them round.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this.

It was jealousy pure and simple. The younger lady may have been loud and 'zany' but she wasn't horrible or offensive in my view. Unlike our friend Heather. Bitter woman.

The way she (Heather) opened the door to Zaira on the last night (just a crack to see who it was) told her that she was not really welcome The men had the door swung wide open.

Zaira should have taken her little dog Bubbles along with her to Heather's house, and sat her at the table. . :D

Heather's tantrum at the end was priceless .... "How can you all vote me into last place ... my food was the best" :o:D
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I've just watched this, what a spectacularly obnoxious ars* that woman was! :o

For those who were surprised that she came back after storming off, I would assume all the participants have to sign some sort of legal agreement to be on the show. Otherwise there'd be no end of problems, such as guests dropping out halfway through the week!
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that episode, what a dreadful way to behave :o

Which region was it in so I can watch out for it again :p
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite episode ever though was the one with the American lady from Boston and there was a man who wore a kilt....none of them got along, nobody liked anything anyone cooked, the 'honesty' flowed like venom - total classic car-crash :D

Just wish I could remember which region it was from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    I saw that episode, what a dreadful way to behave :o

Which region was it in so I can watch out for it again :p
    It was Hampshire.
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am shocked that the series is still being made. I thought they were showing repeats from 2009 or before always. Where do they get these people from ?,, Jeremy Kyle ? sorry. that would be an injustice to the Jeremy Kyle Show..
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I've just watched this, what a spectacularly obnoxious ars* that woman was! :o

For those who were surprised that she came back after storming off, I would assume all the participants have to sign some sort of legal agreement to be on the show. Otherwise there'd be no end of problems, such as guests dropping out halfway through the week!

The odd contestant HAS dropped out half way through the week, but, as was noted earlier in the thread, it was obvious that she'd been persuaded to return. Seeing as they were all in her own house, it would have been a bit odd if she'd just stayed upstairs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The odd contestant HAS dropped out half way through the week, but, as was noted earlier in the thread, it was obvious that she'd been persuaded to return. Seeing as they were all in her own house, it would have been a bit odd if she'd just stayed upstairs!
    Well, her behaviour WAS quite odd anyway, wasn't it?! :D
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, her behaviour WAS quite odd anyway, wasn't it?! :D

I guess that's why I started this thread.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    It was Hampshire.

Im struggling to find it. Is there an easy wayto find it on On demand?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Im struggling to find it. Is there an easy wayto find it on On demand?
    It's here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/come-dine-with-me/on-demand/58318-017