Iphone - no service

Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need help with this Iphone I have. I did get it unlocked at a shop they put something called cydia on it. It was a US iphone with at&t sim I put an O2 sim. In top left corner it says no service ther is no ingoing or outgoing calls. I've reset all the settings and done something of a youtube vid about turn airplane mode on then off it didnt work. Anyone know what I need to do?.

Comments

• LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    Nick_DK wrote: »
    I need help with this Iphone I have. I did get it unlocked at a shop they put something called cydia on it. It was a US iphone with at&t sim I put an O2 sim. In top left corner it says no service ther is no ingoing or outgoing calls. I've reset all the settings and done something of a youtube vid about turn airplane mode on then off it didnt work. Anyone know what I need to do?.

Have you changed the cellular data settings to adjust to the O2 network? If they havent been changed, that could be the problem
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Nick_DK,
    Whilst the jailbreaking of iPhones may be frowned upon, it is not an illegal practice and so I am willing to help you further. In order for me to do so, can you please tell me the firmware version you are running under Settings>General>About.
    Can you also tell me if you have received ANY service at all since the 'unlock'?

Thank you.
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help. Its version 3.0 and I have had no service no matter what sim I use. I've tried reseting all the settings and the network settings didnt work. ALso reset the Iphone didnt work I'v tried a few things hat haven't worked. Sorry if it is illegal I didnt know all I was told is you can either do it no your pc or take it a shop. I'm pretty bad when it comes to technology.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Can you see an application called purplesn0w or ultrasn0w?
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Is it a 3G or a 3GS?

Could be an activated custom firmware was used when it needed a non activated file, that would cause the problems your seeing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive had "Cannot connect to celullar data network" all day. Ive not jailbroken it either?

Fed up.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wills**01 wrote: »
    Ive had "Cannot connect to celullar data network" all day. Ive not jailbroken it either?

Fed up.

Not many people have, it's an O2 Network problem apparently - seems better now, last time I checked.
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont get me started on that cellular data message mate :)

o2 are pathetic!!!! just wait till the next data orientated handset launches

sorry for the off topic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im seriously thinking of switching to Orange when possible. Im on PAYG so pretty easy for me, its just that 3G-coverage wise, O2 have it sorted where I live.

Not sure on Orange though.
  • LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    wills**01 wrote: »
    Im seriously thinking of switching to Orange when possible. Im on PAYG so pretty easy for me, its just that 3G-coverage wise, O2 have it sorted where I live.

Not sure on Orange though.

I've switched my iPhone to Orange, wont ever go back to O2 now! Much better! :)
    Forum Member
    Nick_DK,
    It seems that the guy didnt UNLOCK the phone, rather he simply jailbroke the device to allow you to unlock yourself.

Please complete the following steps:
    Open up Cydia, allow it to finishing loading what it needs to.
    Click 'Manage' -> Sources -> Edit -> Add
    Keep the http:// and type repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    Click Add Source, allow them to refresh.
    Now Search for UltraSn0w and press on it -> Install -> Confirm
    REBOOT YOUR PHONE.

Now try the SIM, you should be fully unlocked and allowed to use any SIM in there.
    Let me know if this is not the case.

Wills**01 - The O2 network has had massive problems over the last week and are aiming to be sorted soon. Apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jwharmsby wrote: »
    Nick_DK,
    It seems that the guy didnt UNLOCK the phone, rather he simply jailbroke the device to allow you to unlock yourself.

Please complete the following steps:
    Open up Cydia, allow it to finishing loading what it needs to.
    Click 'Manage' -> Sources -> Edit -> Add
    Keep the http:// and type repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    Click Add Source, allow them to refresh.
    Now Search for UltraSn0w and press on it -> Install -> Confirm
    REBOOT YOUR PHONE.

Now try the SIM, you should be fully unlocked and allowed to use any SIM in there.
    Let me know if this is not the case.

Wills**01 - The O2 network has had massive problems over the last week and are aiming to be sorted soon. Apparently.

add to that before you install the ultrasnow program make sure you have 3g enable of,

to switch this of go to settings > general > network > enable 3g off.
    Forum Member
    add to that before you install the ultrasnow program make sure you have 3g enable of,

to switch this of go to settings > general > network > enable 3g off.
    This is only necessary when using T-Mobile USA, whilst Nick_DK is in the UK this isn't an issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jwharmsby wrote: »
    This is only necessary when using T-Mobile USA, whilst Nick_DK is in the UK this isn't an issue.

oh ok.