Episode 2 10:30pm

Comments

• chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. It's so funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. I've been waiting for this for far too long.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two eps of Season 1 were repeated last night, let's hope that means Season 2 is not too far away now.

Really hope they've kept the ska/reggae soundtrack too :)
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. Starts tonight at 10pm on ITV2 :)
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    flyingv wrote: »
    The last two eps of Season 1 were repeated last night, let's hope that means Season 2 is not too far away now.

Really hope they've kept the ska/reggae soundtrack too :)

A couple of the songs used were either specially commissioned for the program or are unavailable but got clearance just for the program IIRC.
    Been a while since I researched it, so the specifics are a bit vague now.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 2nd episode was pretty good. I liked the giant chickens and the old guys behind the glory hole wall. :)
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see it back and it's off to a good start :)

The 'alright landlord' from Grumio still cracks me up. It has some really good one liners.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved both episodes. I love a bit of silliness and Plebs hits all the right spots for me. Glad to see they're still going with the running gags like when the water boy (sorry, water man) always says something inappropriate just as Flavia walks in the office.

Some good guest stars so far too - Lauren Socha, Shaun Williamson. And I only just realised that Tom Rosenthal is Jim's son. Duh!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    The 'alright landlord' from Grumio still cracks me up. It has some really good one liners.

The "Salve Grumio/Alright Landlord" exchange is always funny for some reason I can`t fathom.

Continuity announcer reading out tweets was a nice idea as well (nicked from Dave Gorman?).

The only thing I`ll watch on ITV all week!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    I had ITV2 on purely by coincidence last night, and was thrilled to see Plebs back.
    Been longing for series 2 but surprised that it's gotten zero publicity.

I stumbled on it on the off-chance.... and I'm a fan.
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    The "Salve Grumio/Alright Landlord" exchange is always funny for some reason I can`t fathom.

:D especially when landlord has his cock inside a gloryhole when he's saying it! :o:D
  • misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I thought the first series of this was very funny and Joel Fry from White Van Man shows much promise. I am also a big fan of Tom Basden from Cowards.

Best

M
    Forum Member
    I'm still tickled that Stylax is employed as a shredder - literally a person who shreds documents!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

I always wait for it and laugh even though it should be pronounced Salwe.:)

Sean Williamson should have been called Barrius.
    Forum Member
    Haha good episode tonight. Grumio just steals every scene he's in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Haha good episode tonight. Grumio just steals every scene he's in.

Agreed. He gets some great lines made funnier by their delivery in a Mancunian accent and his gormless expression.

I liked their workplace being "updated" with technology like windows and a table. It's great silliness.

Mind you, what's even sillier is if you go to the IMDB message boards there are people on there moaning about the show's historical inaccuracies!
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Agreed. He gets some great lines made funnier by their delivery in a Mancunian accent and his gormless expression.

I liked their workplace being "updated" with technology like windows and a table. It's great silliness.

Mind you, what's even sillier is if you go to the IMDB message boards there are people on there moaning about the show's historical inaccuracies!

On the message board thing, it would be nice to think that you're on a wind-up there.
    Unfortunately experience on here has taught me that there really are people so stupid as to not 'get it'.
    Any reference to real past events is only there to serve the laughs/premise.

As an aside where's Metella's love interest, why does nobody fancy her, she's hotter than her Mistress IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really like this, Barry from Eastenders was brilliant imo :D
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I really like this, Barry from Eastenders was brilliant imo :D

It must be quite boring for Shaun to keep playing these tragic/comic characters, but he is good at it and they're amusing.
    I found the Chariot driving lessons far more amusing than I should have.

Shame ITV didn't re-commission Great Night Out.
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love this series. I reckon the 2nd series is even better than the first.

I don't know why but Grumio reminds me of Mark Owen from Take That. Small and with a Mancunian accent. Does anyone else see the resemblance?:D
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This ITV2 sitcom is a gem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an aside where's Metella's love interest, why does nobody fancy her, she's hotter than her Mistress IMO.

I've seen a few looks exchanged between her and Grumio. They would make an interesting couple considering how much larger she is than him...
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's very good.
    The only thing that spoils it for me is that one of the three lads is trying to act like Will from The Inbetweeners. It's annoying and I can't get over it. I wish they'd replace him and keep Grumio and Stylax.

I love the ska soundtrack. There's absolutely no reason I can see whatsoever why it has a ska soundtrack, and it just shouldn't work. But for some reason it works so well and I don't even know why.:D
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Grumio at the wishing pond. He had 1 denari, threw it in and wished for lots of money. Opened his eyes, looked at his empty hand and said " well, that didn't work". Brilliant series.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be quite boring for Shaun to keep playing these tragic/comic characters, but he is good at it and they're amusing.
    I found the Chariot driving lessons far more amusing than I should have.

Shame ITV didn't re-commission Great Night Out.

He had a part in that recent Houdini drama with Adrien Brody and he played a "normal" character in that.