**The Amy Connolly Appreciation Thread**

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I'm someone who cannot stand people playing the sob story card but this girl was different.

Both her and her dad came across as really nice, genuine people; and whats more she had a great voice. I really think people will take to her and she will do well if she gets though bootcamp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There You'll Be is #9 on Uk Itunes! :eek:

How random!
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Posts: 7,260
    Forum Member
    I really do hope she gets through to the live shows. she is lovely
  • sgt.cryersgt.cryer Posts: 3,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a fellow "Watfordian", therefore i'm behind her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How random!

Well, I'd have added to that if my connection wasn't playing up, after listening on youtube. :)

Always happens though - Chris Cornell did very well out of David Cook doing his version of Billy Jean on AI this year. I heard a radio interview and he was delighted!!

Also interesting - Leon's 'When You Believe' is No. 46 on itunes just now. :D:cool:
  • sgt.cryersgt.cryer Posts: 3,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phased050 wrote: »
    I'm someone who cannot stand people playing the sob story card but this girl was different.

What made her different was that she didn't go straight in there telling them why she wanted to do it, had simon not asked then she wouldn't have said anything
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bowerman wrote: »
    Loved her. Really hope she can make it through boot camp. Only problem i can see is it is a realy strong catagory and you are really going to have to impress the judges to get through and most probably they will be looking for the next Leon etc. So i think at best the judges will pick 2 males and 1 female which will make it even harder. But i think she is one in a million she gets my vote if she is in the live finals thats for sure so come on Amy you were certainly my best so far by a mile.

Now there are 4 judges, there is a girls under 14-24 category managed by one judge and a boys 14-24 category managed by another judge.

So there will definitely be 3 girls put through to the live shows.

Although the girls category is probably the strongest out of all the categories this year (yay! :D) so it'll still be tough for her to go through.

How random!

That's a good sign - obviously her version of the song connected with a lot of people which is why its so high :cool:
  • televizortelevizor Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we saw the X factor 2008 winner - Amy Connolly.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Amy - my favourite I think. But here's what worries me ...

She sang much of the song with her eyes shut. Whoever is her mentor won't let her do that on the live shows .... and some of them have the potential to ruin her natural style if they think they need to mould her.

So who mentors her could be key......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that spiidey i had completely forgot they had re-done the categories. Very glad to hear as it means Amy has more of a chance to get through which would be great.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love her to win!

Ok, dont jump the gun:o

I downloaded Faith Hill's song earlier, so lovely.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    She is so cute, and what a voice! She too reminds me of Samanda lol. And she doesn't look 18, when I first saw her I thought she was going to say she was 14. Lovely girl with a great voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    I'd love her to win!

Ok, dont jump the gun:o

I downloaded Faith Hill's song earlier, so lovely.

Yup, I love Faith Hill's song too :)

I was checking out her live performances of TYB on YouTube last night and they were absolutely stunning - would thoroughly recommend it :)
    xTonix wrote: »
    She is so cute, and what a voice! She too reminds me of Samanda lol. And she doesn't look 18, when I first saw her I thought she was going to say she was 14. Lovely girl with a great voice.

Yeah I think she definitely doesn't look 18. She looks so innocent and not completely mature looks wise - like a cute wee pixie :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I'm tipping Amy to get to the final at least - sadly, it's up to the voting public who actually wins which sometimes prevents the best contestant winning! Amy is awesome! GO AMY!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well do we find out this saturday if Amy gets to round 3? (the last round of auditions in a judge's destination and then they are told if they are wanted back or not.):confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Well do we find out this saturday if Amy gets to round 3? (the last round of auditions in a judge's destination and then they are told if they are wanted back or not.):confused:

There are 2 "bootcamp" shows this weekend - one lasting 90 minutes on Saturday evening, and a second lasting 60 mintues on Sunday evening.

At some point during the Sunday episode, we'll find out which 6 (or possibly 10) acts in each category get through to the "judge's house" stage of the show (which will be broadcast the following week)

Amy's category is 14-24 girls. At the judge's house, the 6 (or 10) acts in each category will be whittled down to the 3 in each category that will feature in the live shows (starting the week after the "judge's house" section).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I absolutely loved her! Possibly my favourite audition of the series. I've been waiting for someone I could really connect with like Same Difference last year! Amy is nothing like them I know but she seemed like such a genuinely nice person. She wasn't there to flaunt a sob story, she was just there to show off her beautiful voice- it was happens she also had a story to go with it. My mum died when I was 8 so I really felt for her. I really hope she does well in the competition.

Hey Lucy :D

I know what you mean ive been waiting for weeks to see someone that i could connect with!

Like you my mum also died while i was young (14), although not as young as you and Amy.

It was strange hearing her sing "There You'll Be"as i've only heard one other person sing it other than Faith Hill. ;)

I hope she does well.

Simon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I re-watched Amy again on YT today,

Made me well up...again.

I know everyone slates the story(s) but i can't help it. Plus her voice reminds me of Faith too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy's on the front page of the Daily Record today - I must be going soft in my old age 'cos I actually bought it :eek:

Some nice pics of her with her Dad, and one with her Mum.

Reading between the lines, it sounds hopeful. Yay!!

Tissues at the ready......

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/09/22/exclusive-x-factor-scot-amy-connelly-s-secret-double-heartache-86908-20747551/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww thanks for that LadyM, so sad about her brother.

I wish i would have brought the paper now for the pics!:(
  • ItsAnObsessionItsAnObsession Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her!! :) She does have competition because the girls this year are like WOW. I hope she gets through :P
  • MartaMarta Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her too. The girls' category is such a difficult one to get into this year. I have quite a few that I like.
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    Ladym wrote: »
    Amy's on the front page of the Daily Record today - I must be going soft in my old age 'cos I actually bought it :eek:

Some nice pics of her with her Dad, and one with her Mum.

Reading between the lines, it sounds hopeful. Yay!!

Tissues at the ready......

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/09/22/exclusive-x-factor-scot-amy-connelly-s-secret-double-heartache-86908-20747551/

I was reading that this morning, sadly though the cynic in me thought if she gets through (which I hope she does) the whole Scottish vote & sob story arguement will raise its head-again!:rolleyes: