The inbetweens 2

Comments

• qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually enjoyed it more than I did the first film. There were a few moments when I cried laughing - when Neil fell asleep at the wheel, the dophlin scene, Will singing to Katie and the old woman pirouetting in the background and the rape alarm situation were the best parts for me.

The whole film was very me and I loved that it ripped the whole "travelling" thing - it's my biggest bugbear with people my age at the moment and I love that they went there with it and Will laying into them at the end was perfect.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Scored a huge $21m in the UK over its lengthy weekend.

A third outing likely, I suppose.
  • AraelGrayAraelGray Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    clarks_fan wrote: »
    Although it would be cool to see, from a comedy movie standpoint it would surely just become an Inbetweeners amalgamation of American Wedding and American Pie The Reunion.

2 great films.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed it although it's not as good as the first film. I liked there was some slightly serious moments in the film especially when Will admits that life hasn't been great at uni and same with Jay. The favourite scenes was definitely Will's rant at Katie and the long haired guy, the water park scene was funny if a bit gross, thought Neil killing the Dolphin was funnier.

Did anyone think that Lucy Cohu's character
    Might have been Neil's Mum,
    ?

I think a third film if it happens needs to be UK based, I think a wedding is the most logical idea,
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed it although it's not as good as the first film. I liked there was some slightly serious moments in the film especially when Will admits that life hasn't been great at uni and same with Jay. The favourite scenes was definitely Will's rant at Katie and the long haired guy, the water park scene was funny if a bit gross, thought Neil killing the Dolphin was funnier.

Did anyone think that Lucy Cohu's character
    Might have been Neil's Mum,
    ?

I think a third film if it happens needs to be UK based, I think a wedding is the most logical idea,

BIB: Definitely -
    surely that's why Will's mum got engaged to Mr GIlbert - just in case a third plot was needed :D Maybe a marriage for one of the boys, but I don't think that would work as well as it could turn out a bit like The Hangover
  • heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been to see it - loved it!! Love it all, with Wills outbursts the high point for me,,,,
    [trying not to give too much away!:-)]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just been to see it - loved it!! Love it all, with Wills outbursts the high point for me,,,,
    [trying not to give too much away!:-)]

Definitely. I think the first film was very much Jay's, the second is Will's.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The water park and the dolphin was the funniest bits for me.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Looked so forward to seeing this film but came away feeling rather disappointed. Not as good as Inbetweeners One even though in places it is very funny. There was far too much screen time given to Posh Girl and Posh Hunk and i'd rather have seen more Australians featured.

Also what happen to the "fire w@nkers scene" :confused:
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Kitty5 wrote: »
    Went to see this last night. Very, very funny.
    Loved the opening scene!

The opening was done so well that the rest of the film struggled to match it
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene where Simon goes to break up with his girl, and that guy there haha :)
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this last night with high expectations as i loved the series and the first movie. Thought this was pretty poor though, i diddnt laugh nearly as much as i was expecting. A few laugh out loud moments but the rest was rather dull. Don't think they should have made a sequel, a shame really.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film is AWFUL! I mean truly AWFUL!
    I loved the Inbetweeners TV series, and even mildly enjoyed the the first movie, but this is a f'ing car crash - it is just a repeat performance of the first movie, and nearly every gag falls flat on it's face! Not a single gag in this will you think 'that's funny' - The story line is just pathetic and the script is truly dire.
    Why oh why could they not just have used the same production team as they uses on the TV series, then this may have been worth a watch.
    I walked out after 40 minutes - it really was that bad.
    Do not waste you money on this!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very enjoyable film, not as good as first film but still one of the best comedies i have seen.

please give us a third!
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    very enjoyable film, not as good as first film but still one of the best comedies i have seen.

please give us a third!

Yeah, good one. You are kidding right.

I loved The inbetweeners TV series and even the first film was ok, but this was a proper mess. A film for the brain dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    There were a few real laugh out loud scenes, a lot of toilet humour / crude humour which was a bit too much for me.

The first film had a better plot, I think this film was a slight let down meaning I think there should be a third to try to close this series properly. I feel the first actually left things off quite nicely.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,316
    Forum Member
    Watched this yesterday I did not enjoy as much as the first film. It had a couple of funny parts. Could have really waited for it to come out on DVD.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only really laughed at the waterpark scene, the rest just felt like a rehash of the first film only much less engaging, quite honestly some of the Carry on movies of this ilk are better than this.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got around to seeing this. Enjoyed it-some good laughs but overall not quite as good as the first film for me, which seemed a natural end (pending the inevitable return in middle age ;-) )

The four leads are such strong characters individually that they will always gel and create humour together. Will especially(ultimate in-betweener), object of scorn most of the time, has some simply brilliant rants and put downs of his own and I find myself silently cheering him on. And despite all the swearing, toilet humour and crudity the leads are still likeable and still kind of innocent.

A few things grated, I can see the plot device but the complete about turn that original nice girl Lucy made was too weird for me. I might have missed it but there didn't appear any reference to Will and Neils former girlfriends. The outback scene was perhaps a bit too long, and no scene matched the dance sequence in film 1 imo.

A third film might stretch the inbetweener idea too thin, but Id still go to watch.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bbfc took 19 minutes 54 seconds (!) out of the deleted scenes extra for the dvd to keep it at 15 rather than go to 18.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/inbetweeners-2-deleted-scenes-video
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow thanks for the info :)
  • jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really disappointed with this film.
    I only laughed a couple of times.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I didnt watch this at the cinema because I hate people talking when im trying to watch something but bought the DVD a few days ago and only watched it this afternoon.

It was ok, some funny bits but I hated the fact they did nothing near the end of the film in the desert. The original movie ending was perfect with them all getting girls but the 2nd film kinda ruined it that they had to all split up from the girls they met.

If this was supposed to be a farewell and thank you to the fans then why cant they just give the characters girls with happy endings.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it should have been left at one film. As already said the first two seasons were very good, the third was not too bad. The one film to leave it and wrap it up would be perfect.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt watch this at the cinema because I hate people talking when im trying to watch something but bought the DVD a few days ago and only watched it this afternoon.

It was ok, some funny bits but I hated the fact they did nothing near the end of the film in the desert. The original movie ending was perfect with them all getting girls but the 2nd film kinda ruined it that they had to all split up from the girls they met.

If this was supposed to be a farewell and thank you to the fans then why cant they just give the characters girls with happy endings.

Once they decided to make another one they had to by necessity spoil the characters happy ending in the first, as they did in Only Fools and Horses when they made the last three episodes after the happy ending in what was intended to be the last episode in 1996.