Options

DS' Next Top Artist: Series 6 - Sign Up Thread!

Comments

• Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    ben8936 wrote: »
    please pm me what acts you have picked just in case i have the same as you
    thanks
    benr8936

Ben just send your acts in and if they're chosen they will tell you
  • Options
    ben8936ben8936 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Ben just send your acts in and if they're chosen they will tell you

ok thanks
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I have my two acts, very confident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I have my two acts, very confident.

yeah i know them but i will not tell anyone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can anyone tell me how all like the heats and all happen and how the voting is all of that stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah i know them but i will not tell anyone

Tell everyone how amazing they are :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Tell everyone how amazing they are :p

ok will i give them clues
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can anyone tell me how all like the heats and all happen and how the voting is all of that stuff

You could try taking a look at the previous series, it's basically the same format anyway. Just take a look at the launch thread and the voting details in either of the first live shows, they should contain the information you seek.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I'll get my acts sorted soon, I just need two that stand a chance of improving my abysmal NTA records... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i did but im not kinda getting how the voting and results work so could someone please tell me
  • Options
    Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Oh, I'll get my acts sorted soon, I just need two that stand a chance of improving my abysmal NTA records... :p

Just don't pick a VersaEmerge act again. Urgh ;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I Think My Acts Are Gonna Shine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    how does the results work ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    how does the results work ?

An act leaves xo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i did but im not kinda getting how the voting and results work so could someone please tell me

As far as I know, the acts will be split into heats for the first couple of shows. This is done to keep the number of acts competing with each other to a minimum, as well as to get rid of a few of them early on. Each heat has separate votes and eliminations, so they are basically smaller competitions. You will be able to vote once in each heat, including your own.

Once the voting windows for each of the heats close and the votes have been counted, the results will be announced. Just like in any of these games, the acts with the highest amount of votes will make it through to the next show, and the bottom few (usually 3 in NTA) will face elimination. Where NTA differs from many games is in the way these eliminations are handled. All of the mentors that DID get through in their heat will have the chance to save one of the bottom acts in said heat. The mentors whose acts are in the bottom 3 are not allowed to vote. The act with the most votes cast for them will make it though, while the other 2 are eliminated. This happens for each of the heats, leading to a large amount of acts eliminated in the first few shows. I hope that clears it up a little. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As far as I know, the acts will be split into heats for the first couple of shows. This is done to keep the number of acts competing with each other to a minimum, as well as to get rid of a few of them early on. Each heat has separate votes and eliminations, so they are basically smaller competitions. You will be able to vote once in each heat, including your own.

Once the voting windows for each of the heats close and the votes have been counted, the results will be announced. Just like in any of these games, the acts with the highest amount of votes will make it through to the next show, and the bottom few (usually 3 in NTA) will face elimination. Where NTA differs from many games is in the way these eliminations are handled. All of the mentors that DID get through in their heat will have the chance to save one of the bottom acts in said heat. The mentors whose acts are in the bottom 3 are not allowed to vote. The act with the most votes cast for them will make it though, while the other 2 are eliminated. This happens for each of the heats, leading to a large amount of acts eliminated in the first few shows. I hope that clears it up a little. :)

yes it does thank you :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just don't pick a VersaEmerge act again. Urgh ;).

VersaEmerge were amazing, don't forget that I set a personal NTA record with them (but let's leave the fact that it was only a 9th place for what it is shall we?).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    end of sanity i sent you a private message
  • Options
    Forum Member
    does anyone have any surprises up their sleeves
  • Options
    Forum Member
    does anyone have any surprises up their sleeves

Yes I do, when everyones shit acts leave my indie act can come and rummage through the shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't do surprises.

My acts are predictable safe Lucas acts who I love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't do surprises.

My acts are predictable safe Lucas acts who I love.

But I don't. ;)

JK, I absolutely loved Friendly Fires last series!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Friendly Fires were amaze last time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    how was carrie underwood last year ? cause i wasn't here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But I don't. ;)

JK, I absolutely loved Friendly Fires last series!

How rude ;)

Aww, Friendly Fires, true winners of NTA indie 5. lolol. Nah, I was very pleased with Frank Ocean winning.