How have your musical tastes changed over your life?

13»

Comments

• nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Mine really haven't changed that much, or at least, music I used to love as a child, I still love and I've basically just added to it over time.

Yes, I'd agree with that. Perhaps I appreciate some of my earlier tastes in music in different ways now, but pretty much everything i ever loved I still enjoy. Over time, my musical horizons have expanded, and now encompass a very wide range.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I was always pure pop as a kid, really into all the SAW acts and obsessed with Mel & Kim and Kylie, as a teen I loved all the 90s rave stuff, then in my later teens was loving Blur, Oasis and all the indie bands, than bam, along came the Spice Girls and I have been pure pop ever since. Its like I've gone full circle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Pre teen I was mostly into Steps, Aqua, Five and the Spice Girls but I was never that bothered.

When I started secondary school I got into Blink 182 and No Doubt, the last couple of years I was into Indie, Razorlight, The Libertines, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, The Hives and some rock/metal bands like Killswitch Engage, Weezer, Head Automatica, Jimmy Eat World, Mars Volta, Glassjaw, Coheed and Cambria.

Then my dad introduced me to a lot of older music, loved and still love Bowie, Blondie, Madness, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Squeeze, The Smiths, The Cure, Queen and The Pet Shop Boys.

Now I listen to a mixture of the above plus a lot of female artists, Florence and the machine, Lily Allen, Lana Del Rey, Bat for lashes, Cat Power, Marina and the Diamonds. I listen to a lot more pop/RnB now too, mostly when I'm going out or getting ready but I love Beyonce which I never thought I would, also been getting into a lot of 70's rock which I never really liked when I was younger.

I'll listen to anything really apart from country or rap music that just talks about bitches and hoes.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My tastes have changed very little. Big Kylie fan as a kid then a massive Spice Girls fan (still am). Listen to a whole different range of music style then and now but it always seems to come back to those two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music I tend to listen to on my iPod are from the 90's and early 00's.
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slade>Wizard>Pistols>Magazine>Sibelius>Vaughan Williams>Stravinksy>Beethoven>Schubert>Bach