The Killing - BBC4 Saturday evenings

Comments

• StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Troels may be the lover too, though let's face it the list of sexy men in the show is not long :D But if Nanna met who ever it was at the sleazy bar place then would Troeks be the type to go somewhere like that? He has his image to think of.

I don't think he killed her though.

I also find Rie sinister, maybe she found out about the affair and killed Nanna as revenge? :eek:

I still think the house that the family was buying, and now have to sell, has something to do with it though. I can't say exactly why...it's just a gut feeling.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    I also find Rie sinister, maybe she found out about the affair and killed Nanna as revenge?

Sinister as Rie may be (and I agree that she is) she couldn't be responsible for a killing of this nature - certainly not on her own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthena wrote: »
    Sinister as Rie may be (and I agree that she is) she couldn't be responsible for a killing of this nature - certainly not on her own.

What makes you think that?
  • TOFFEEMAN1878TOFFEEMAN1878 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    A friend recommended this a few weeks ago , tuned in to find this weeks episodes would be 9&10.

Had a feast on iPlayer watching the first eight in two sessions:D
    SWMBO was not impressed chasing me to bed in the early hours!
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Good, is it?

I've been recording the damn thing, and suddenly realised I've gotta sit down & watch it ........

I decided to watch The killing this week as a few posters had mentioned it on other threads - 10 episodes since Thursday:eek: - it can be done, very easily! :D Now left feeling maybe I should have rationed myself a bit more, but at least I can read this thread in real time now.

One thing about having seen them all in such a short space of time - you'd think by now Lund would have learnt not to keep chucking new suspects names out willy-nilly - I can't see why the fact that Nanna was in the party's flat means its definitely Troels?

Its gonna be a long time 'til Saturday now...
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nowt sinister about her cleavage! It’s playing such a major role that I’m beginning to wonder if she isn’t hiding two bald midgets down there.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    She certainly has the chutzpah to clean up the corpse, including a manicure before disposing of it. Top tip for next week: look out for the character with the best kept set of nails. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    I think I'm in love with LUND.

But for gods sake someone buy new jumper, shes been wearing it for the past few days. :o
  • Sunshine&SolaceSunshine&Solace Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    I thought that too. There was no real explanation, perhaps Lund will return to it later- Meyer won't as he has only 2 weeks left before his next job!

Glad I wasn't the only one. I've replayed that scene a few times and I am still none the wiser.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it just that Meyer with his newly re-organised team were starting again and reviewing *all* the evidence including the keys?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes you think that?

It's my understanding that Nanna was raped and tortured before being dumped in the river alive. I just don't see Rie being able to "achieve" all that alone.

(I'm assuming that whoever dumped the car in the river did know that someone was in the boot? She was in the boot, wasn't she?)

I'm very sorry that astute minds such as those of Straker and Gomezz aren't helping me keep up instead of lowering the tone :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Another set of fantastic episodes, still none the wiser as most of them seem up to their necks in dodgy dealings. Saturdays cant come round quick enough. Best thing ive seen since Twin Peaks.

:)
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is still holding my attention, given the number of episodes seen so far. A sell plotted and produced drama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my understanding that Nanna was raped and tortured before being dumped in the river alive. I just don't see Rie being able to "achieve" all that alone.

(I'm assuming that whoever dumped the car in the river did know that someone was in the boot? She was in the boot, wasn't she?)

I'm very sorry that astute minds such as those of Straker and Gomezz aren't helping me keep up instead of lowering the tone :p

You may be right as I have no idea who did it (and want to keep it that way :D) but I am sure that they made a point of putting forward that there was no semen found (sorry to be graphic!) and as anyone who reads way too much crime fiction knows that can mean the killer is female :eek:

As to whether she is mentally capbale of commiting such a crime I am not sure. They are certainly portraying as as being sinister. A woman scorned perhaps? If it was Troels that was Nanna's lover?

I am actually doubting it was now though as my husband said he thought it would be odd if Troels could just go on about his business knowing the girl he had an affair with was brutally murdered.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondered, why did the security guard go and pick up the car in the first place? I didn't catch why he actually went up to the school.

It’s not explained explicitly but I thought that the security guard realised (probably at the end of his shift that evening) that the car hadn’t returned from its trip to the school earlier in the day, when that ex-con delivered the campaign materials. I assumed the guard noticed that the keys for that car hadn’t been handed back in, as is supposed to happen. He said the schedule said the school was the last place the driver had been so he went there before filling up the tank and dropping it at the car park near City Hall. He also said that it was the Mayor for Education’s car and that he couldn’t leave it at the school, so it seems that his aim was just to try to be helpful and get the car back.

I signed up on this forum just so that I could post about this show. :) I only watched it because I saw this thread weeks ago! I can’t wait to see what happens next. I reckon the killer and the person Nanna allegedly had an affair with are two different people, if Bengt’s profile that it’s not a crime of passion is correct. Perhaps Troels had an affair with her but I don’t think he’s the killer - this flat belonging to the Liberal party looks like another possible set-up. As someone else said, I doubt the murderer would leave it in such a state. I wonder also if the trip to Latvia that Bremer and Holck went on is going to be significant in some way.

I like the character development of Lund and Meyer too. Meyer was the maverick at first, saying he had his own rule-book etc; but now Lund wants to investigate City Hall even though Buchard says not to, and it's Meyer who's not so keen on being the maverick 'cause he wants to keep his job!

I agree with Parthena too that it's unlikely Rie is the killer (certainly if we're going down the avenue of the killer working alone anyway) because Nanna was repeatedly raped and tormented over some some hours. If it was 'just' dumping her in the river then it may be different but this killer also 'toyed' with Nanna - letting her run into the woods, then chasing her, then catching her again - can't imagine that to be the M.O of a lone woman. Rie is certainly dodgy though - now smirking in nearly every shot too. Perhaps she's covering for her powerful father in some respect. I've noticed that from the beginning she has been fairly hostile to Sarah whenever Sarah comes to City Hall to ask questions.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, you lot are far too clever for me! Have NO idea who dunnit but have suspicions of Holcke (sp?) - he's not unattractive and she may have fallen for him.
    Wasn't he the one who disappeared during the campaign party on the video?
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually doubting it was now though as my husband said he thought it would be odd if Troels could just go on about his business knowing the girl he had an affair with was brutally murdered.
    I don't see how Troels can be involved or have any knowledge of what happened to Nanna. In the 3rd ep. the way he reacted to the media when asked if he or his department were involved (he reacted angrily rather than treating the question with disdain). But more importantly if he had been involved I don't think he would have left that house in such a state. He clearly was unaware of what happened there. I think Nanna was lured to the house, possibly by Rie, saying that Troels or whoever was dating her was going to meet her there, where she was then attacked and raped. I think Rie is well aware of what took place, but we'll have to wait and see.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um_Bongo wrote: »
    BTW may name is also Allie - spelt like that :)

Mine too - three of us in this thread now!
  • missmaisiemissmaisie Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    This is an amazing series!
    I have to admit that quite early on I got an uncomfortable feeling about Troels - there have been a couple of occasions when he has seemingly had to control his (volcanic??) temper,
    but with so many episodes to come (yaaayyy), it's anyone's guess!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missmaisie wrote: »
    This is an amazing series!
    I have to admit that quite early on I got an uncomfortable feeling about Troels - there have been a couple of occasions when he has seemingly had to control his (volcanic??) temper,
    but with so many episodes to come (yaaayyy), it's anyone's guess!

:o:o I have a bit of a crush on Troels :o:o
  • Um_BongoUm_Bongo Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    :o:o I have a bit of a crush on Troels :o:o
    Thats understandable, he is the fittest man in the programme imo, Now if you had said Meyer :eek:
    Mine too - three of us in this thread now!
    :D
  • cissy scousecissy scouse Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand how it can be Troels driving the car on the CCTV tape, when he is on the other tape at the poster party. Or maybe I am getting my survelliance tapes muddled :confused:

I am totally hooked on this tho, but how are they gonna play out another 10 episodes? I hope it isn't gonna be an anti-climax, with the murderer being someone we have never met before. Rie does seem very suspicious, she never lets Troels out of her sight so I don't see how he would have had the time to have an affair!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Gosh, you lot are far too clever for me! Have NO idea who dunnit ...

No-one has any idea, Allie. Some just like bouncing ideas in good company :D
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps a "who dunit and why" session is in order:

Oliver's Dad. Would have known Nanna, has shown himself to be violent. Member of a "good family" so might be worth Buchard's protection? Dunno how he would have come to have the car though...

K
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday's two episodes were brilliant just drawn out enough to make it worth the 20 episodes but they still moved the story along well.

I too don't understand how Troels could drive the car and still be at the party. Hopefully he's not the killer either, because I like him although he's not a man to be messed with as his political dealings on saturday proved. I still think there's a lot more stuff they need to address - Nanna's job, that bank account, the boots etc. Meyer and Lund have been a bit slack though - they don't yet know about her job or that bank account.

I like the idea of a cover up somewhere, makes it a lot more interesting, and I fully expect Lund to be back on the case hopefully with Meyer on her side! Rie is certainly suspicious, and what happened to that civil servant at city hall. Latvia has got to be important and I reckon there's still things to come out about Theis and Vagn
This discussion has been closed.