The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Lily doesn't live in the care home, so you can't expect her to be around all the time. Elektra lives there and is one of the main characters, and this is the second episode in succession she hasn't really had anything to do.

I'm sure we'll see more of Elektra soon, she's bound to have a central episode in the future. Other characters need more screen time too which is probably why we've seen less of Elektra. But she isn't the only one who we've seen less of. We haven't seen much of Harry and Floss either.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    Someone mentioned characters acting out-of-character - I think with Tee 'showing Mike attitude' apparently (as he stated) that was the case, but aside from that she was still herself.

Carmen Munroe played Hattie - she's an OBE, been in the West End, Playschool, a Doctor Who serial and much more. Nice to see high-profile actors playing guest roles :)
    Forum Member
    Oh, and Connor (Mike) said this on Twitter today:
    Ah yes.... next weeks TDG is like Downton Abbey meets Upstairs Downstairs... One of the very very best episodes..... ever

Next week's will be an interesting one :):D:cool:
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll see more of Elektra soon, she's bound to have a central episode in the future. Other characters need more screen time too which is probably why we've seen less of Elektra. But she isn't the only one who we've seen less of. We haven't seen much of Harry and Floss either.

Harry has never had a huge role in the show... he's been focussed on in a couple of episodes, but he's generally a background character. I think Floss could be a strong character, but in a quiet way. I do think she'll be developed in time, but they're playing the long game with her.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Carmen Munroe played Hattie - she's an OBE, been in the West End, Playschool, a Doctor Who serial and much more. Nice to see high-profile actors playing guest roles :)

They've always had famous people in the show from time to time - the first series of Tracy Beaker Returns had Tracy-Ann Oberman in one episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry has never had a huge role in the show... he's been focussed on in a couple of episodes, but he's generally a background character. I think Floss could be a strong character, but in a quiet way. I do think she'll be developed in time, but they're playing the long game with her.

The most focus Harry had is when he had his own central episode in the last series of TBR. If the show continues then he might have more episodes focused on him as he gets older.
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    The most focus Harry had is when he had his own central episode in the last series of TBR. If the show continues then he might have more episodes focused on him as he gets older.

Where would they go with his story?

We know that he had been hurt by his mother in the past - now maybe they'd focus on that more or his father? I hope they allow him to grow up a bit and get involved with the others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where would they go with his story?

We know that he had been hurt by his mother in the past - now maybe they'd focus on that more or his father? I hope they allow him to grow up a bit and get involved with the others.

Possibly. She could actually make an appearance once he's older.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Quite liked this episode, hoping to see an episode based on Elektra as she is my favourite character in the DG.
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Quite liked this episode, hoping to see an episode based on Elektra as she is my favourite character in the DG.

She's had a few central episodes. Maybe they'd show Melissa again if that was the case.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    She's had a few central episodes. Maybe they'd show Melissa again if that was the case.

In Tracy Beaker Returns there were quite a few episodes based on Elektra, but in the Dumping Ground, there hasn't been too much focused on her, save for the episode when she tried to pass herself off as a careworker.
    Forum Member
    Regarding the last episode, when Rick said his dad 'finally got the message', does that mean he won't visit him again at Elm Tree House?

I think this is the house where it's filmed: http://oi47.tinypic.com/ru2s8y.jpg - this pictures were taken in June 2012.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like the cafe but I find it odd how Frank is the only one besides Gus who's had a girlfriend/boyfriend :)
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    I quite like the cafe but I find it odd how Frank is the only one besides Gus who's had a girlfriend/boyfriend :)

Well, Gus only had one for an episode :D

What about Toby? Well, not quite his girlfriend but he lied to impress her.

There are others who have shown affection to one another :rolleyes:;):D
    Forum Member
    Do you think they'll focus on Lily's family again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Rick showed a very mature attitude towards his dad. He comes across very likeable!

Does anyone know if series 2 and 3 of TBR are having a DVD release? It's a bit odd that the first one was released on its own given it's huge popularity!
    Forum Member
    Rick showed a very mature attitude towards his dad. He comes across very likeable!

Does anyone know if series 2 and 3 of TBR are having a DVD release? It's a bit odd that the first one was released on its own given it's huge popularity!

Hmm that's interesting - Series 1 was released on DVD region 2 in March 2011 - Series 2 in August 2012 and Series 3 in November all according to Wikipedia. However I can't find those two anywhere when looking at Google Shopping.
    Forum Member
    But now the carehome is spotless, the kids have gadgets like mobile phones, nice clothes but really care kids wouldn't receive that amount of money to afford nice items.

All this is kind of tested in Friday's episode - they are living like Edwardians for a day and they are trying to see if they can manage without gadgets :D
    Forum Member
    Synopsis for episode 12:

I n this week's episode, Esme, a beautiful stranger comes into the Dumping Ground and Carmen’s head is easily turned by tales of a glamorous life in Rio.

The rest of the Young People are divided over Esme, with most of them branding her a snob. When Carmen finds out that Mike is very poorly she has to make a choice: stay and the face the music at home or run away to Rio with Esme.
    Forum Member
    Another bump for today's new episode :)
    Forum Member
    Where are the regulars? :D
    Forum Member
    Just under 10 minutes left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote:
    Where are the regulars? :D

Sorry, I haven't been active on this thread. I've been so relaxed, I also got distracted by a lot of news this week.:o

It's nice to see Joe (Johnny) and Miles (Tyler) in the CBBC Office!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak peek for episode 10!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p015dgkt

You can also catch The Dumping Ground (CBBC Extra) here. They've shown it on TV a couple of times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p015gh63
    Forum Member
    What did you think of the episode?