The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Lmao Alex is so done, can't deal anymore! Her career is so uninteresting! I seen this coming from the first bodyguard shows.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Alexandra Burke said: "I couldn't be happier to be joining the tour and I'm excited to get started. Being on the theatre stage has brought me great happiness. It is an honour to have been asked to join the team and I look forward to creating new and long lasting memories with the cast."

I'm happy that she's happy. After all the knock backs she deserves it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Alexandra Burke said: "I couldn't be happier to be joining the tour and I'm excited to get started. Being on the theatre stage has brought me great happiness. It is an honour to have been asked to join the team and I look forward to creating new and long lasting memories with the cast."

I'm happy that she's happy. After all the knock backs she deserves it.

Basically this! Couldn't agree more!

The fact she is doing Jazz Cafe In May indicates music is still on the her hitlist. She isn't exactly gonna recite scenes from the Bodyguard is she? So a very good chance fresh material could feature during those shows.

Like I said before, it's all about diversifying your talent spec when your preferred avenue is not bringing it. If the EP is of very good quality & she gets the right management then you just never know how fortunes can change. Haven't we learnt not to rule her out yet? This is the same woman that got knocked back and came back to win a few years later. That tells me that there is no such thing as a quick fix but if you learn from your setbacks to make the right moves then you can bounce back.

I just hope the EP is of improved quality to back that belief up. In the immediate short term, she has found happiness & momentum with the BG so I'm happy for her to continue making the most of it.
    Forum Member
    Ill still support her but this EP best be good quality otherwise ill be fuming haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    Ill still support her but this EP best be good quality otherwise ill be fuming haha

There is simply no excuses if the EP doesn't showcase improvement from NR & WDHG. I've debated on here saying it's a clean slate and she can learn. If the new EP doesn't deliver then I don't know what to say.

People's taste on songs will always be subjective but I need the execution of the production to step up dramatically with this new EP. I'm gonna remain positive she has learned but time will tell if that's the case or not.
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Well that's actually great news for Alex! Yes it might not be this US that she has been dreaming about.. But TheBG brings her happiness! So why not..
    We know that we will get this EP for sure... We also know that she'll do something that makes her happy and gives her the money she needs obviously...
    Well it's a start actually. Just like Nation said. It's Alexandra that we're talking about. She can make it!
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Alexandra Burke is NOT scheduled to perform at any midweek or Saturday matinees including any revised matinee performances. Additionally she is not scheduled to perform between 4 MAY – 31 MAY 2015 (Stoke On Trent), 29 JUNE - 5 JULY 2015, 31 AUGUST - 27 SEPTEMBER 2015 (Southend

Hmmm I wonder why.

I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that Alex isn't completely focussing on music, but whatever makes her happy I guess. The EP better deliver tho,but JPL is involved so I am not expecting any smashes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week is just full of disappointment in relation to Alexandra, for me anyway. Good that she's doing something but still hard to get over that it's very unlikely that she'll ever be a successful commercial artist again. Time to move on I guess. There's not really much to follow when you're not in to musicals lol
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might sound odd coming from me but I am genuinely happy she something to fill her day. Even if it a musical tour.

You read of so many celebrities filing bankruptcy, you never know. Alexandra the popstar is almost certain gone.

Im happy for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I kind of wish she'd been offered an XF judging role alongside Cheryl
    Forum Member
    tbh anything BG related that she tweets gets loads of interest and retweets, it does seem most of her active followers are from the BG show so i guess its a positive... at least she's doing something.

if she's coming anywhere close to you, the show is 100% worth watching, she slays it and you'll love it.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Yeah loads of positivity on twitter re the Bodyguard tour. Makes a change!
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's very disappointing to hear. Why is it always that when Alexandra finally manages to get some stability in her career, it then suddenly comes crumbling down and slapping her in the face at the last minute? She just can't catch a break can she? *sigh* I was really starting to believe that Alex would make a great comeback after her updates on the progress of the new album and the mention of her recording in New York. Despite the odd hiccup now and then, I think it was starting to build up decently and then there was the Bodyguard Musical confirmation which I had my doubts on but it ended up turning out nicely for her in the end and now this. :(

I hope she'll be able to bounce back soon but for now, it seems very unlikely doesn't it? Pretty disappointing to hear, she just isn't being given the chance anymore. It's nice to see her keeping positive and doing something else but again, it's such a shame that the focus on her music is rapidly drifting away. It's just frustrating and sad to see how the whole situation has turned now when only a few years ago, she was at her peak during the Overcome era and the sad thing is that it should have been the beginning of many more great eras for Alex. :cry:

I hope the EP will be good at least.
  • myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week is just full of disappointment in relation to Alexandra, for me anyway. Good that she's doing something but still hard to get over that it's very unlikely that she'll ever be a successful commercial artist again. Time to move on I guess. There's not really much to follow when you're not in to musicals lol

Congrats. You have completed the 5 stages of grief and have now reached acceptance :)

It's a shame that things haven't panned out the way we all would have liked including Alex but it is what it is.

I'm just glad that she's got something to look forward to that's making her happy, and besides you never know what's just round the corner do you?

Good luck girl.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THis picture is everything! ! http://m.ticketmaster.co.uk/Alexandra-Burke-tickets/artist/1452204

It would a slayed as a song cover.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disapointed as I am only really hear for pop star Alex, but if she is happy then that is all that matters. Plus doing the tour around the UK could actually help build up a fanbase, but she better continue to focus on her own music too.
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. For me its ep if it's worth listening to when I hear producers involved and after that hoping she gets a record deal. Sigh. I'm happy for her tho I'm not angry at her it's just annoying that the industry have it out for her it appears
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I'm happy for her.

Obviously Alex will be set up for life with the money she earned early in her career.

But she can't have been making a lot of new money recently. So almost a full year in a Touring Musical, probably getting £1k a night will earn her a nifty £250-300k.

I'm sure she already has properties paid off etc. Her net worth is est $8m.

I actually think the tour may be a way of gaining new fans. Even if it's an older audience, increased chance for a career 2nd wind down the line.

Let's face it, it's better than I'm A Celebrity or Celebrity Big Brother. Although I bet Alexandra will be fierce on Strictly one day. I bet she's been knocking all of those shows back for the past 2 years. Which reassures that she can turn down shows worth £100-150k.
    Forum Member
    I agree, Bodyguard has gained her a lot of interest regarding new fans I think... I think if she released music that got PROMOTED she'd be able to get a top 10 hit easy still. I think people question her fan base, she has a lot of causal listeners who like her but obviously don't follow her social media.

She's done a lot in her career, been at the top single wise and album wise, sang with beyonce, lead a famous west end musical now doing the UK tour for it... I believe this might eventually go to broadway after this tour. I think that's why she's keeping the connection close. Broadway sites comment on BG a lot.

As long as Alex fights for her career, i'll still be here. All she can do is try and I know she takes it seriously and personally. She just needs to amend the rough edges such as EP releases, everything needs to be polished before a release because it'll only damage her reputation further.

& yes Alex is 100% set up for life income wise, her mum made the mistake so I think Alex was careful from day 1 regarding money and what she does with it. Bodyguard will earn her a nice income.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.officialcharts.com/features/its-a-cover-up-12-cover-versions-that-charted-higher-than-the-originals-3217/

Hallelujah charted higher than original and sold over 1.2 million copies, small exposure for Alex on OC
    Forum Member
    Actually she's being mentioned on the website very often :) But still, that looks really good, I like the fact that people still remember her success, it's a nice thing you know :)
    And yes, I think that as for the money we can say that she is just safe.. But that doesn't change the fact that new music is needed!
    I think it would be great if could promote her EP on this tour.. You know. Rachel played by Alexandra Burke who have just released her new EP! That kind of promotion would be good, cause we all know that TheBG gains her many new fans... So why not!
    (If that's possible but she's the star of the show so I think that yes)
  • perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    THis picture is everything! ! http://m.ticketmaster.co.uk/Alexandra-Burke-tickets/artist/1452204

It would a slayed as a song cover.

I'd definitely use it as a cover for the new EP (or it could be the official one :D)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    I agree, Bodyguard has gained her a lot of interest regarding new fans I think... I think if she released music that got PROMOTED she'd be able to get a top 10 hit easy still. I think people question her fan base, she has a lot of causal listeners who like her but obviously don't follow her social media.

She's done a lot in her career, been at the top single wise and album wise, sang with beyonce, lead a famous west end musical now doing the UK tour for it... I believe this might eventually go to broadway after this tour. I think that's why she's keeping the connection close. Broadway sites comment on BG a lot.

As long as Alex fights for her career, i'll still be here. All she can do is try and I know she takes it seriously and personally. She just needs to amend the rough edges such as EP releases, everything needs to be polished before a release because it'll only damage her reputation further.

& yes Alex is 100% set up for life income wise, her mum made the mistake so I think Alex was careful from day 1 regarding money and what she does with it. Bodyguard will earn her a nice income.

It is true, I met Americans who had heard of her, but didn't know much about her in London. I hope she just continues to keep performing, she can easily make a lot of money and be happy. I'd love her to go on Broadway. BTW, do we know that she's doing the whole tour (bar those dates where she's scheduled not to appear? I want to get tickets for my parents and bf, as a post uni treat.
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    It is true, I met Americans who had heard of her, but didn't know much about her in London. I hope she just continues to keep performing, she can easily make a lot of money and be happy. I'd love her to go on Broadway. BTW, do we know that she's doing the whole tour (bar those dates where she's scheduled not to appear? I want to get tickets for my parents and bf, as a post uni treat.

From what I know she's doing all the shows (excpet those mentioned on page that are not scheduled) and she's doing only evening shows :)
  • perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    From what I know she's doing all the shows (excpet those mentioned on page that are not scheduled) and she's doing only evening shows :)

After this practice I don't think her voice would be harmed ever again! Doing this for soooo long though... ;-)

Also wonder if the full version of NMY will be included in the EP. I hope she's kept at least this track from her previous sessions.