The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Ah her PR agents are Outside.

Same as Ed Sheeran, Beverley Knight, David Bowie and Carrie Underwood.

They've done a good job the past 2 months, IMO. They're definitely keeping her image out there.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Literary all three of these songs are better than most of Alex's material. I really don't think Alex has any idea of her identity as an artist.HOH era was just cheap dance music,her cancelled third album was too gospel like and boring with shit production and judging by her teasers she's recording straight out rnb songs which is a genre that is not popular ar all in the UK.She needs that crossover between pop and rnb like these songs and a lot of Overcome..

TBH, I don't think her signed days have much to do with her. She was never her labels' focus, and they had no idea how to manage her, and ended up alienating any potential fans.

In the UK dance was selling just before HOH came out, and also it's to do with budgets/creative choices. Producers will give hits to those who can take them furthest. An American act will definitely make more money than a top selling UK act, as the world eats up US acts.

She does/did have good tracks, but they didn't make the albums or were not used as singles. Tbh, what's popular in the UK ain't shit. Let's keep it real. Those top selling tracks are rather unique songs, there's no general musical movement imo.

She's always going to be behind, as she's not top dog anymore. She's heading on the right track with the snippets though. I'd like some stuff from Alex like Kelela has made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tg1T6PhiyA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Oq8faMdlE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    why do you want her to be a megaflop?

If i wanted Alex to be a megaflop then i wouldn't waste my time supporting her. She needs to give people a reason to appreciate her again and remind people that she has an amazing voice. She is not going to receive the same recognition singing a song like 'Ariana breakfree' in a pair of hotpants as she would by standing there looking sophisticated and classy blowing people away in a moment like 'Adele Somelike You'. Not enough people are here for Pop/Dance Alex and we have the HOH Era to prove that. So she needs to attempt a different approach.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This as a first single would smash Dawn Richard: BOMBS: http://t.co/6bigtFmUWr

Dawn is actually independent and did this whole video low budget.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this EP isn't called Beast Sessions, I thought we'd moved past all of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this EP isn't called Beast Sessions, I thought we'd moved past all of that.

I hope it is called Beast Sessions and just Alex screaming OK.COM like a wide array of mythical creatures.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Alexandra should record this demo: https://soundcloud.com/phrased-differently/live-without-you-phil-anquetil-knightstarr-prinnie

Beef up the production, tweak the chorus slightly, add a rapper and it's a solid album track imo.

actually like that song, something like that would be decent.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    actually like that song, something like that would be decent.

Phrased Differently is a British songwriting team. They wrote Move for Little Mix and Red Light for Korean/American group f(x).

They have loads of demos on their SoundCloud page. They're still up and coming, Alex should work with them imo.

I agree the song would be good with a few changes and suit Alex well.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the instrumentals that were dubbed over those studio videos she posted on facebook from actual songs she has recorded? If so, I like the sound of them. I don't know how lyrics can be incorporated into them but at least they sound professional and not like home recordings.

On a side-note, I'm so frustrated how Bounty Hunter has the makings of a great song but the production lets it down. If a good producer cleaned up the track, it'd be a credible song for Alex. I hope she has since gained an ear for what sounds good enough to put out to the public and what sounds too embarrassing to release.
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Are the instrumentals that were dubbed over those studio videos she posted on facebook from actual songs she has recorded? If so, I like the sound of them. I don't know how lyrics can be incorporated into them but at least they sound professional and not like home recordings.

On a side-note, I'm so frustrated how Bounty Hunter has the makings of a great song but the production lets it down. If a good producer cleaned up the track, it'd be a credible song for Alex. I hope she has since gained an ear for what sounds good enough to put out to the public and what sounds too embarrassing to release.

She's still in the studio with JPL.... so I doubt it unfortunately
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »

Bounty Hutner could've been great. I HATE how she comes from a West Indian family, and had a reggae influenced track with TERRIBLE bass. That is like musical sin.

Tbh, the stuff we've heard sounds very interesting, JPL may be involved, but it doesn't mean it's bound to be disaster...but we'll see.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are people judging JPL purely on Where Do Hearts Go or from other tracks Alex has recorded?
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    Are people judging JPL purely on Where Do Hearts Go or from other tracks Alex has recorded?

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »

JPL has been given many chances to prove herself. She's mostly responsible for that messy Christmas EP, and also worked on New Rules which sounded basic and amateurish. I don't know if she produced WDHG as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

She's just awful, I just hope Alex is prepared in case this latest release underperforms, which is likely with JPL involved.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if Alex is financing these recordings herself, she can't really pay out for big name producers. She obviously feels she has a good rapport with JPL. I actually thought some of the stuff on New Rules wasn't too bad, it's just that the production sounded quite cheap.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra mentioned on XF, they showed little clip of Listen

So far XF shading Alex...
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Alexandra mentioned on XF, they showed little clip of Listen

So far XF shading Alex...

The major shade was when critiquing Fleur, Cheryl said they'd had no one sing and dance like Fleur on the show before. Err Cheryl, you mentored Alex? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    The major shade was when critiquing Fleur, Cheryl said they'd had no one sing and dance like Fleur on the show before. Err Cheryl, you mentored Alex? :confused:

Little Mix danced and sang too and so did others, you think she'd "shade" everyone then? She was only giving a compliment
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Cheryl trying to be a shady ho.

I love me some Fleur but for Cheryl to say she can't remember the last time someone sang and danced on the show is all very palm treey. Considering she was Alex's mentor. Shady ass 1.5 octave having ass heifer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayeeee wrote: »

I love me some Fleur but for Cheryl to say she can't remember the last time someone sang and danced on the show is all very palm treey. Considering she was Alex's mentor. Shady ass 1.5 octave having ass heifer

Since when is forgetting someone a shade? Who said that was intentionally? Many acts after Alexandra sang and danced on the show. Plus, it's been 6 years Alex was on the show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex on recording 3rd album
    http://www.sotouk.com/2014/12/exclusive-alexandra-burke/

Looks like we'll get Balladandra :D

I don't think we'll hear the album until end next year:
    Before album three is going to be ready, Alexandra is stepping into the role of Rachel Marron yet again and heading around the UK in The Bodyguard tour. “Rehearsals start in January and we hit the road in February. I’m doing all the main dates, for 9 months.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayeeee wrote: »

Yeah she just shaded Alex again by talking about the song "holding fond memories".

Couldn't she mention Alex even there? Shady cow. Simon name drops his previous acts all the time. I think it was just rude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reach in here is quite embarrassing :')
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Since when is forgetting someone a shade? Who said that was intentionally? Many acts after Alexandra sang and danced on the show. Plus, it's been 6 years Alex was on the show

It's been 8 years since Leona was on the show. So what's your point? :confused:

The reach is coming from you. Let's keep it real, if it was Leona in this position you would not be acting like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It's been 8 years since Leona was on the show. So what's your point? :confused:

Well, do they mention Leona when someone has a very good vocal performance? Did Simon mention Leona at all when he said Fleur had one of the best performances? The fact you think they need to mention Alexandra all the time or else it's shade is just wrong.