How would they stage Aquabatique for the Royal Variety?

sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They can hardly get the audience to nip out to watch can they! I presume the water tanks are too heavy for a normal stage setting, or the logistics of moving the tanks make it impossible to do it in time.

Comments

• Eittol96Eittol96 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love them to win as it will give Simon such a problem ;)
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont worry about that, if they get to final they will be on first, followed by the dog, followed by ballroom dancers, followed by hypoactive schollchildren dancers, then followed by the 7 singing acts:rolleyes:
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how will they do the tour if they win
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. That tank must take hours to fill, and then there is the draught! Seriously, I would think it is far too heavy to risk placing it on a stage and the insurance would be huge incase the tank burst and damaged the stage. In the unlikely event of them winning they would just have to be on a big screen.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Question. Maybe they will make the Royal Family stand outside in the cold:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Good Question. Maybe they will make the Royal Family stand outside in the cold:eek:

Now that is what I call 'entertainment' :D:D:D
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buttons88 wrote: »
    Now that is what I call 'entertainment' :D:D:D

Make your way to the back exit maam
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. That tank must take hours to fill, and then there is the draught! Seriously, I would think it is far too heavy to risk placing it on a stage and the insurance would be huge incase the tank burst and damaged the stage. In the unlikely event of them winning they would just have to be on a big screen.

How could the tank burst? It's made of reinforced glass.

Hours to fill? I doubt they fill it with a garden hose pipe.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't need to - not winners!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I thought of that during their performance. You know the way the judges say in the cliche of 'it was very good and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure the queen would'? Well I really thought somebody would point out that they Queen may not be overly keen on sitting in car park for part of Royal Variety.:D
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had tanks on stage in Music Halls in London and Gasgow in the late 1890's early 1900's so these days it would be easily done.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    They had tanks on stage in Music Halls in London and Gasgow in the late 1890's early 1900's so these days it would be easily done.
    Then why didn't they last night?

Not that I think they'll win, but we wre hoping they'd ask that on More Talent last night
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »

I know they have had smaller tanks on stage in the past, Houdini did a water escapology act which involved him being placed in a small tank, but I'm wondering if the sheer size of the tank Aquabatique uses precludes this due to the weight involved. Presumably the tank would have to be put in place on stage and then filled once it is in position, and then emptied again before it could be moved. Perhaps this is why they are always outside.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends which theatre they use for this years show. If they could get back into the London Palladium then there would be no problem at all because the current show Wizard of Oz uses set pieces that weigh considerably more than a plexiglass tank and some of these are flown in. Wizard finishes in October with no plans to extend so they may be able to accommodate the RVP in December
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could move it to the Yarmouth Hippodrome, that's still got a stage in the centre that transforms into a pool.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could move it to the Yarmouth Hippodrome, that's still got a stage in the centre that transforms into a pool.

Or Blackpool.

Somehow can't see Her Majesty at either of those.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends which theatre they use for this years show. If they could get back into the London Palladium then there would be no problem at all because the current show Wizard of Oz uses set pieces that weigh considerably more than a plexiglass tank and some of these are flown in. Wizard finishes in October with no plans to extend so they may be able to accommodate the RVP in December
    ITV has a policy of taking it out across the UK and now they have it exclusively they will continue that.
  • Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leave the tank outside, all the bloody rain we're having it will fill in an hour
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,822
    Forum Member
    sunnymeg wrote: »
    They can hardly get the audience to nip out to watch can they! I presume the water tanks are too heavy for a normal stage setting, or the logistics of moving the tanks make it impossible to do it in time.

Don't worry, they won't win
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    If it wins they could have a live link up or something.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What amazing television that would make.:D

That would be the television clip of the last 20 years. Or maybe even ever.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The weight of the tank isn't the problem.
    The weight of the water that's in it is.

I don't know if there are any mathematicians on here but I'd imagine that the weight of the tank when full of water would be an incredibly heavy weight load.
    We'd be talking in tons here wouldn't we?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The weight of the tank isn't the problem.
    The weight of the water that's in it is.

I don't know if there are any mathematicians on here but I'd imagine that the weight of the tank when full of water would be an incredibly heavy weight load.
    We'd be talking in tons here wouldn't we?

absolutely. I have a fish tank which is 4 foot by 15 inches wide & 15 inches high ,it has about quarter of a ton of water in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also just Google on aquarium volume calculator and have a play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    SandyG4u wrote: »
    I thought of that during their performance. You know the way the judges say in the cliche of 'it was very good and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure the queen would'? Well I really thought somebody would point out that they Queen may not be overly keen on sitting in car park for part of Royal Variety.:D

Shivering under her see through brolly. :D It would sure give Simon a problem should the girls win.
    But I would imagine the act would be shown on a big screen on the stage.