The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blueju wrote: »
    Its pronounced left-enant here I think normally, loo-tenant in the States

Yeah, I think Bradley has spent too much time watching Kojak and that's why he got it wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    I didn't know what a marimba is, then again, what the f**** is a xylophone, I'm taking it some sort of new smart phone, or iz I stewpid or wot...innit :)

A xylophone is very well known, less so a marimba but then any weird sounding instrument is likely to be in percussion.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »
    Oh dear.. this is really lame.. It`s a Christmas special and the contestants are someone from Corrie called Paula Lane.. no idea who she is and a school teacher from Yorkshire. :(

It's a repeat of this year's Christmas special that was on last Saturday. Another dumbed down bore-athon.
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This woman. Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    I didn't know what a marimba is, then again, what the f**** is a xylophone, I'm taking it some sort of new smart phone, or iz I stewpid or wot...innit :)

A xylophone is a musical instrument found in the percussion section of an orchestra. It consists of wooden bars laid out rather like a piano keyboard on a metal frame. It has tubes hanging from the keys to give extra resonance. The instrument is played with hammers which strike the wooden bars to make short sharp notes - similar to a vibraphone (or 'vibes') which has metal bars and a more sustained tone. Try googling both terms and you will be able to hear them played.
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A xylophone is a musical instrument found in the percussion section of an orchestra. It consists of wooden bars laid out rather like a piano keyboard on a metal frame. It has tubes hanging from the keys to give extra resonance. The instrument is played with hammers which strike the wooden bars to make short sharp notes - similar to a vibraphone (or 'vibes') which has metal bars and a more sustained tone. Try googling both terms and you will be able to hear them played.

Whhooshed!
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    that episode with Fiz from corrie.They should really get another chaser to throw these games as Shaun looks painfully obvious whilst doing it.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My hearing isn't great so I may have got this wrong..........
    The question was along the lines 'which is the senior service'. The contestant said 'The Navy'. The answer was RAF.
    If I've got that right, surely their answer is wrong cos the Senior Service is certainly the Navy.
  • Options
    jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My hearing isn't great so I may have got this wrong..........
    The question was along the lines 'which is the senior service'. The contestant said 'The Navy'. The answer was RAF.
    If I've got that right, surely their answer is wrong cos the Senior Service is certainly the Navy.

I think he asked what is the junior service, :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenailsa wrote: »
    I think he asked what is the junior service, :)

Really? So where does that leave the army? :confused:
  • Options
    jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? So where does that leave the army? :confused:
    Royal Navy is the oldest service so is the senior. Army was disbanded from time to time so not sure if they have a level as such.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A minus offer to the 2nd player, bit mean from Shaun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe Roy didn't know that mackerel was an oily fish and went for haddock :o
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    She thinks she is too young to listen to Streisand?? what, is she newborn or something?? I don't get that.

It's like when a contestant says they don't know the answer because it happened before they were born, so they don't know ANY history? weird !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was really his best option to go for the £41k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was pretty pathetic, now let's see Shaun make a meal of it.

A couple of slip ups but a stroll in the park in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe Roy didn't know that mackerel was an oily fish and went for haddock :o

Ignorance is rife. I watch a lot of quiz shows and the general level of education of those up to about 35 is abysmal
  • Options
    DimSumDimSum Posts: 6,770
    Forum Member
    Can't believe that woman pass on a question asking for a number.::o
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DimSum wrote: »
    Can't believe that woman pass on a question asking for a number.::o

I'm sure I once heard somebody pass on a question that started, "Which continent.."

I mean,have a guess. It's probably Africa or Asia. Why? Because it usually is.

You also get questions like, "What type of creature is a ...",and they pass.

It doesn't matter if you've never heard of it,in typical quiz questions about ninety percent of the time it's a fish or a bird. if the Chaser didn't know it and has guessed one of those (which they probably will have,knowing this trick),and it's wrong,you go for the other one. Chances are you'll be right.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I once heard somebody pass on a question that started, "Which continent.."

I mean,have a guess. It's probably Africa or Asia. Why? Because it usually is.

You also get questions like, "What type of creature is a ...",and they pass.

It doesn't matter if you've never heard of it,in typical quiz questions about ninety percent of the time it's a fish or a bird. if the Chaser didn't know it and has guessed one of those (which they probably will have,knowing this trick),and it's wrong,you go for the other one. Chances are you'll be right.

The worst one was The Weakest Link, where they were given a 50/50 option for the answer but they still passed.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there was one last week, but I suppose the pressure gets to them sometimes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A minus offer to the 2nd player, bit mean from Shaun.

Do the chasers decide the amount? I always assumed that decision came from above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the chances of having a team made up of 3 Chaser's names + Bradley and the remaining Chaser in the seat :o
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, Anne, going for the big offer!:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just reward for Anne after being so brave to go for the £33K
This discussion has been closed.