Series 23 DISCUSSION

Comments

• Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do I have this sinking feeling it is Ryan Lochte.

Several articles he is in talks and wants to repair his image. :(

Please no...
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning America Twitter just tweeted that a surprise pro announcement will be revealed tomorrow guessing Maks or Derek - dont know any other pros they would make a big song and dance about (maybe Julianne but I think she is done with dwts) thinking it will most likely Maks I hope I am wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be Cheryl Burke.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Lochte would be joining Amber Rose, JoJo Fletcher and Jake T. Austin on the next season of the ABC competition show."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/24/entertainment/ryan-lochte-dancing-with-the-stars/index.html?sr=twCNN082416ryan-lochte-dancing-with-the-stars1115PMVODtopLink&linkId=28023573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Good morning America Twitter just tweeted that a surprise pro announcement will be revealed tomorrow guessing Maks or Derek - dont know any other pros they would make a big song and dance about (maybe Julianne but I think she is done with dwts) thinking it will most likely Maks I hope I am wrong.

Looks like you are not wrong...

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/maksim-chmerkovskiy-returning-to-dancing-with-the-stars-season-23-w436115
  • AlexvnderAlexvnder Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Ryan Lochte is pretty much confirmed after a DS article this morning.

Taking away his recent controversies, he's a high end signing who'll bring promotion to this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Booo! I don't mind him, I suppose, but you just know it's all going to have to be about Maks. Maks and Val.

My poor Artem is never going to get a look-in on this infernal show, is he?! :cry:

I pity the poor soul who gets lumbered spending all day, every day with Lochte. Brains are not his strong suit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a photo of Amber and Maks taking a selfie or something - though I don't suppose that necessarily means she's his partner. His brother Val did say he already knew who his partner was - maybe they all do. I still think there may be hope for Artem - unless he's made somebody mad or something (which I've wondered about, considering how things have gone - the producer(s) can be quite vindictive imo)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony on twitter:
    During my break from DWTS season 23. I look forward to traveling across the US to spend time… https://www.instagram.com/p/BJigisdj6XM/

Nothing against Tony personally, but not keen on him as a pro, so this is good news. Except someone will have to guide the elderly/infirm/difficult celeb around the ballroom. Better not be Artem!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    There's an actual dwarf taking part, according to PureDWTS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenna is in according to puredwts and Emma was a last minute replacement apparently tptb were looking to bring back Lacey or Cheryl again puredwts but Lacey is doing a show in Vegas with I think her boyfriend which she has been doing for a while now and Cheryl is under contract I wish Emma had gone to strictly and Artem had stayed there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an actual dwarf taking part, according to PureDWTS.

They don't seem very keen on her in the comments there, do they? 😬

(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenna confirmed as pro on official dwts Twitter don't understand any producer picking Jenna, Allison and Witney over Emma even tho she is now back hopes she gets a good partner but can't see it happening. One more male pro to be announced though Mark isn't officially confirmed yet it seems to be

Maks
    Val
    Artem
    Sasha
    Mark
    Gleb
    ???

Allison
    Witney
    Lindsay
    Emma
    Jenna
    Sharna

I like Tony sad he isnt on but can someone please give Anton the memo?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks kp.

Do we know for sure it's 7 male/6 female pros?

I guess I'm wondering if Lochte is a late addition (to capitalise on the contoversy 🙄 ) and they needed to lose one of the men....or Imight be reading more into Tony being 'on a break' than I should! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Thanks kp.

Do we know for sure it's 7 male/6 female pros?

I guess I'm wondering if Lochte is a late addition (to capitalise on the contoversy 🙄 ) and they needed to lose one of the men....or Imight be reading more into Tony being 'on a break' than I should! :p

I am going by what puredwts is saying as their mole is most of the time is very reliable and they are sure its 7 males but it wouldn't be the first time a confirmed pro was dropped or a celeb was pushed back a season or dropped for a bigger name also they said the unnamed male pro is a big threat and the male pros will need to up their game not talk a good game so that sounds interesting but you know dwts, things change all the time right until the official announcement.

I could easily see Ryan Lochte doing dwts even before the controversy and now he needs to so he can try and get what little reputation he had back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe14 wrote: »
    God, they treat Emma like rubbish, don't they?
    Witney and Allison have done nothing that warrants them a place over Emma, who took Bill Engvall to the final, Michael Waltrip to Week 8 and even Hayes to Week 7. I'll wait to see how Jenna is as a pro before I judge her.
    This season is make or break for me. I'll forget S24 if this one is bad.

Yes they do I will give Jenna a chance but Emma deserves the right to be picked before her (and the other two) due to her past success and the fact she stayed with them when she had a chance to go to a much better programme (OK that was probably more to do with loyalty to Sasha but she still stayed) tptb would say Witney won, yeah technically she did with a ringer who got worst as the season went on

Will miss Karina she has always been one of my favourite on dwts because she can really dance and out of all the pros she (to me) would be the one that wouldn't look out of place on strictly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, they treat Emma like rubbish, don't they?.
    Don't they just :(.
    I wonder what she really thinks about it. Hope the money makes up for all the crap.
    I am going by what puredwts is saying as their mole is most of the time is very reliable and they are sure its 7 males but it wouldn't be the first time a confirmed pro was dropped or a celeb was pushed back a season or dropped for a bigger name also they said the unnamed male pro is a big threat and the male pros will need to up their game not talk a good game so that sounds interesting but you know dwts, things change all the time right until the official announcement.

I could easily see Ryan Lochte doing dwts even before the controversy and now he needs to so he can try and get what little reputation he had back

Oh, yes, you're right. (The male pros are 'on notice' or some such).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PureDWTS provide good info, but their mods are pretty biased folks to say the least. :o

Very biased but they run purederekhough as well and they had Twitter agreements with Val before so it is kind of to be expected but their mole is good

Oh and never go on their messageboard part at the end of their articles its a dark scary place full of fanatics who takes a TV show a bit too seriously and their dislike of certain pros a bit too far to say the least
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PureDWTS provide good info, but their mods are pretty biased folks to say the least. :o

And unspeakably rude to posters who don't toe the line! Good intel though 😏
  • AlexvnderAlexvnder Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The female pro line up seems a bit "newer" as such. No Edyta, Cheryl or Karina. I'm surprised they haven't tried any of the other ex pros.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    And unspeakably rude to posters who don't toe the line! Good intel though 😏

What you don't love Derek to infinity and think everything he does is magic??

At least on here you can give an opinion that maybe not everyone will agree with but you can discuss it and no one think any of the pros are so perfect that they can't do anything wrong ever. I like Derek and Mark (who they seem to support now Derek is gone although I saw some really truly nasty comments about Mark in the past when Derek + more importantly Julianne, when she was judging, was on the show) but some people take their 'love' of a certain pro too far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenna confirmed as pro on official dwts Twitter don't understand any producer picking Jenna, Allison and Witney over Emma even tho she is now back hopes she gets a good partner but can't see it happening. One more male pro to be announced though Mark isn't officially confirmed yet it seems to be

Maks
    Val
    Artem
    Sasha
    Mark
    Gleb
    ???

Allison
    Witney
    Lindsay
    Emma
    Jenna
    Sharna

I like Tony sad he isnt on but can someone please give Anton the memo?

Maybe the last guy is Keo? I think he was at some L.A. event recently, pushing the new series. I wish it was Tristan, who's the only one who could convince me to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    Maybe the last guy is Keo? I think he was at some L.A. event recently, pushing the new series. I wish it was Tristan, who's the only one who could convince me to watch.

It isn't Keo nearly every site says he is out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BJjCDkgDY0V/?taken-by=dancingabc
    dancingabcHint: @theartemc's partner is a published author, released a country album, and started acting when she was 9! Who is she? #DWTS

ETA: sounds like Maureen McCormick (most probable guess from the comments on the instagram). 60 years old. <sigh>