sick of american news?

124»

Comments

• HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    anyone else sick of american news? is there nothing happening in this part of the world? sky is the worst.i dont care whats going on there.am i alone?

Classic the other day. 20 minutes plus of a half hour bulletin about that weather kerfuffle, and worse still... That was before it had even happened.:eek:

Mention it in one sentence fair enough. But foreign countries' weather can be if very little import or interest.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad has been cursing about all the American news on tv.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obamas a huge improvement on the usual eighty year old tortoise with a bad dye job, or beady eyed millionaire's village idiot of a son. They have elected some utter idiots. Obama is at least vaguely under ninety five and not going to scare the cats off the lawn.
  • CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're on the Internet, do some research into areas you're in instead of just mindlessly, ragingly staring at the TV.
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a very high amount of toadying going on, those news readers get a kick out of saying names like Nebraska...Ohio...Chicago. You would think Britain was a colony of the US. Talksport radio has already gone American at night with useless US sports results, but that`s a different story.....:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ste1969 wrote: »
    yep who cares who wins their election and if this country had suffered the weather they have had would it be the top story on their news 24/7

Not a hope.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a decade, it'll all be Chinese news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Give it a decade, it'll all be Chinese news.

:) I wouldn`t bet against it.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    Not a hope.

I remember during the riots last year, people on this forum were annoyed they were getting so much media coverage in the U.S.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little confused about this. BBC Brazil is full of stories about Cuba and Haiti at the moment.

ETA If you click on Latin America on the BBC news site, the first story is the effects of Hurricane Sandy on Cuba. :confused: