Inspector Montalbano BBC4 Saturday 9PM

Comments

• Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    François was brought up by Salvo's relatives

Livia not existing in the last series was seen as a blessing by most :)

yes, me for one! :D
  • Options
    Veiled LodgerVeiled Lodger Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    I was sitting with delete ready having recorded it and expecting to have seen it recently, but it was new to me and if seemingly prior to the last series aired,

what happens to the need to marry Livia to adopt the orphaned child? Neither existed is the last series!

This is a repeat of the first series which was originally shown here in February 2012 and made in the late 1990s. The story of the adoption continues in the next few episodes.

JeffG1 wrote: »
    François was brought up by Salvo's relatives (can't remember the exact relationship) and I'm pretty sure it was the last series where we saw him grown up.

Livia not existing in the last series was seen as a blessing by most :)

François was adopted by Mimì Augello's sister and family, once he was with them he wanted to stay there and did not want to be adopted by Salvo and Livia, so Salvo didn't have to marry her!

Livia was in the last series but recast and played by the Swedish actress Lina Perned. She was in the first and last episode.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Apparently you weren't alone! it got 648k overnight, which beats its first showing in 2012 (may even have beaten its consolidated rating from the first showing! anyone know if the Wiki page uses overnights or officials?)

K

edit, that 640K is the official, it got 560k (2.5%) overnight first time around, so a stonking performance all round!

Ep1 got 785k in the officials, so about 20% more than it got when it was first shown!

ep2 got 534k overnight - it's going to have to go some to overtake the first showing (official 721k).

K
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Not seen the original Montelbano before and I wasn't impressed with episode 1 but the last one was much better
    Still preferred the young Montelbano though
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, ep 2 considerably better than ep 1, despite the irrelevant and lame scenes with the dubbed Livia that had nothing to do with the story, clumsily shoe-horned into proceedings.
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Shape Of Water was a very poor episode. Far too much padding, especially with the irritating and irrelevant Livia, and worst of all, instead of the unravelling occurring through the normal course of events, it's done by Monty simply explaining things to Livia at the end. Not good enough.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Livia was in the last series but recast and played by the Swedish actress Lina Perned. She was in the first and last episode.

And just like the original Livia she was very badly dubbed wasn't she??
  • Options
    StaxVoltStaxVolt Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else think they saw the actor who played the older Fazio in Young Montalbano (sorry too lazy to look up his name so I could be wrong ;-)) the current Fazio's father,turn up in last Saturday's yarn as Snr De Stefano whose charity 'looked after' the blind victim.:cool:
  • Options
    Veiled LodgerVeiled Lodger Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    StaxVolt wrote: »
    Did anyone else think they saw the actor who played the older Fazio in Young Montalbano (sorry too lazy to look up his name so I could be wrong;-)) the current Fazio's father,turn up in last Saturday's yarn as Snr De Stefano whose charity 'looked after' the blind victim.:cool:

Yes, you are right. I looked it up and it is the actor Andrea Tidona who was Carmine Fazio and also in Sense of Touch.
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even remember what the young Fazio looks like :(
    Verence wrote: »
    And just like the original Livia she was very badly dubbed wasn't she??

It wasn't until watching series 1 the second time around that I was distracted by Livia's dubbing, and only briefly - but the 'replacement' Livia's dubbing was annoying right away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    parthena wrote: »
    I can't even remember what the young Fazio looks like :(
    It wasn't until watching series 1 the second time around that I was distracted by Livia's dubbing, and only briefly - but the 'replacement' Livia's dubbing was annoying right away.

It's great that BBC don't have dubbing.

I have to say I enjoyed all of the Young Montalbano series, especially the stunning Sarah Felberbaum !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Swedish show, Crimes of Passion is in the Euro-Crime slot from next week

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=74423101#post74423101
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    Is it a serial or a series of standalone stories?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Is it a serial or a series of standalone stories?

Standalone stories as far I can see
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    Ah, good. Better suited to my concentration level then.
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    I still think the producer of this show mistook the sound of the orchestra warming up for the actual signature tune. It's like Schoenberg on hooch. Nice show, but what a shambles musically.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    What's happened to the final Montalbano episode?

Last weeks' one was episode 9 of 10.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that. Standard BBC repeat policy to scatter the repeats hither and thither, so perhaps it will be shown before they repeat series 2 (whenever that is!)

K
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Where us the last episode? I was looking forward to that
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'd rather see the last episode. This new drama isn't for me!
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    Where us the last episode? I was looking forward to that

Yes. Was thinking that myself. Thought bbc4 might even have shown episode 10 after the new Swedish drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Yes. Was thinking that myself. Thought bbc4 might even have shown episode 10 after the new Swedish drama.

The last of the 10 is being shown in the Euro-Crime slot tonight and starting from next week the rest of the Montalbano episodes will be shown
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    So is this worth watching, anyone know?

Well worth watching.....if only for the rugged Sicilian scenery.

But the stories are entertaining and quirky.
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder will we see any more of a Young Montalbano.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The last of the 10 is being shown in the Euro-Crime slot tonight and starting from next week the rest of the Montalbano episodes will be shown

Thanks. Glad bbc4 decided to show it.