Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    HalloweenjackHalloweenjack Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Major shakeup looming at talkSPORT after the world cup an insider has sent me the new schedule which I’ve copied and pasted below, first reaction to it is I have to say it looks an improvement we shall see. :)

01:00
    Extra Time

Ken Dodd hosts the fastest sports show on the dial featuring reaction to sport at home and abroad. Call the show on 08717 22 33 44 (10p/min), text 81089 (50p + charges) or why not follow on Twitter @tsextratime
    Read more at http://talksport.com/radio/schedule#8da8yZs0iTCd3DsZ.99

06:00
    The Ronnie Irani Sports Breakfast Show

Football experts Ronnie Irani & Dominic Cork bring you all the latest news from the Premier League. Call the show on 08717 22 33 44 (10p/min), text 81089 (50p + chgs).

10:00
    Timmy Mallett And Friends

Timmy Mallett is joined by Bobby Ball and Wayne Sleep bringing you the very latest from the Premier League’s leading clubs call the show on 08717 22 33 44 (10p/min) or text 81089 (50p + charges).

13:00
    W&D

Gok Wan & Darren Day bring you the Premier League big news stories and chatter. Get involved in the show on 08717 22 33 44 (10p/min), text on 81089 (50p + charges) or follow on Twitter for exclusive guest news and behind the scenes pics - @tshandj

16:00
    Drivetime

Nicky Campbell & Victoria Derbyshire discuss the Premier League but not Arsenal or Arsene Wenger. Call the show 08717 22 33 44 (10p/min) text 81089 (50p + charges) email talkSPORT.com/drivetime

19:00
    Kickoff

Jamie Carragher & Joe Pasquale bring you live action-packed Premier League football with top rated match commentator Phil Neville & Stuart Pearce by his side, Read more at http://talksport.com/radio/schedule#8da8yZs0iTCd3DsZ.99

22:00
    The Sports Bar

Darren Gough & Lionel Blair with reaction, analysis and your chance to have your say on the day's football news tonight addressing matters in the Premier League. Call the show on 08717 22 33 44 (10p/min) or text 81089 (50p + charges).
    Very good William.

It may solve a problem I have, which is -

The reasons I turn off Talksport as soon as I turn it on.

Whenever ads are playing.
    Whenever the travel news is on.
    Whenever a competition is playing.
    Whenever Ray Parlour is on.
    Whenever Andy Goldstein is on.
    Whenever commentaries are being replayed.
    Whenever they are bleating on about Sportsyapper.
    Whenever Nyyyyygel Pearson is commentating.

Consequently the off button is wearing out
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old oak wrote: »
    I agree with you as boring as it is it's not malicious and still don't understand why bola got banned,would have thought the more the merrier on here despite different opinions

K Bola maintains to this day still it was all a mistake and I believe him, I think he'd have told me the truth if it was not as we're good pals still as I know you are. I would hope this site always has room for fun who wants to read too serious stuff all the time life's boring enough, if this place was only full of timetables and schedules I'd have been gone years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    He will deny this Oak....... Bola got a life ban for something that was said in the 'Raoul Moat' thread, I have no idea what was said because the post got removed.

It wasn't just in the Talksport thread that he pissed people off and Bola got around a lot of threads on this site.:D I think half of Digital Spy wanted to throttle him.:D

Bola strenuously insists it wasn't him that wrote the offending post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good William.

It may solve a problem I have, which is -

The reasons I turn off Talksport as soon as I turn it on.

Whenever ads are playing.
    Whenever the travel news is on.
    Whenever a competition is playing.
    Whenever Ray Parlour is on.
    Whenever Andy Goldstein is on.
    Whenever commentaries are being replayed.
    Whenever they are bleating on about Sportsyapper.
    Whenever Nyyyyygel Pearson is commentating.

Consequently the off button is wearing out

Yes I've never considered that before Halloweenjack up and down the land hundreds of thousands of off buttons are being cruelly treated by being thumped off in anger damaging them and I hold talkSPORT chiefly responsible for this mistreatment of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (if any ladies are viewing please skip to next post)

According to someone next door on TF Mr Quinn was making rude noises from a lower body orifice while eating a large bacon & egg sandwich on the breakfast show this morning Mr Brazil had to make an apology for him.

Quinn should have been with this lot ---> http://youtu.be/VPIP9KXdmO0
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you as boring as it is it's not malicious ....

Yeah, but these characters tend to take over the board for a day or two, posting regular schedule updates or engaging in conversations that are All About Them, like gouldfather used to. Oddly enough, HE used to sign off with "keep it Talksport". I wonder if, by any chance, they're related.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Bola strenuously insists it wasn't him that wrote the offending post.

He could be telling the truth, I used to love reading his posts when he was on a wind-up in other threads, he was very funny.:D

Whatever he wrote may not have been that offensive but in the eyes of the mods it could have been the straw that broke the camels back. I'm sure C07 came back after a life ban, he stayed away for 6-12 months then asked to come back and they said yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    Yeah, but these characters tend to take over the board for a day or two, posting regular schedule updates or engaging in conversations that are All About Them, like gouldfather used to. Oddly enough, HE used to sign off with "keep it Talksport". I wonder if, by any chance, they're related.

Lots of similarities.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when he was on a wind-up in other threads, he was very funny.:D

you really think so ? :confused:

he was always on the wrong mushrooms for me ............ just like our new prat !! :(:(

staying on topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, did boozie say @ anytime this morning, that he missed any of the game, my moneys on he missed most of tonights game ????????? :o

Jack wtf, :o:o £11m for that pile of schect ?? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet mother of God. Two nights when it would be perfect to be able to tune in to an informative, insightful discussion of the World Cup Semi-Finals and the only thingon offer is a painful dose of those two buffoons on the Sports Bore revelling in their ignorance. I sincerely hope their cringeworthy discussion of Sabella's comments about "crossing the Rubicon" are supposed to be a pathetically contrived joke ("is it a soft drink?"... *tumbleweed*) and they do know what his phrase means, because if they're not on a windup it would just be too embarrassing for words.

I've just remembered why I usually turn off whenever i hear that stupid theme tune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only thingon offer is a painful dose of those two buffoons on the Sports Bore revelling in their ignorance. I sincerely hope their cringeworthy discussion of Sabella's comments about "crossing the Rubicon" are supposed to be a pathetically contrived joke ("is it a soft drink?"... *tumbleweed*) .

............ But according to Diff, this pair of clowns, have " improved no end "

cant wait for the 3 page response........... http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86857&d=1342189544
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the linked-to smilie, The Sleeper.

I'll spare you the three page reply, but add that I'm quite enjoying The Sports Bar tonight. Ash's Mike Graham impression during While You Were Listening made me chuckle and I'm looking forward to Ned Boulting's round-up on the Tour de France in the next half hour. Each to their own though if you don't like The Sports Bar, I make no apology for having warmed to it over the past year or so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the linked-to smilie, The Sleeper.

I'll spare you the three page reply, but add that I'm quite enjoying The Sports Bar tonight. Ash's Mike Graham impression during While You Were Listening made me chuckle and I'm looking forward to Ned Boulting's round-up on the Tour de France in the next half hour. Each to their own though if you don't like The Sports Bar, I make no apology for having warmed to it over the past year or so.

"All's fair in love and war" Dif my friend !! .......... it's just background noise for me, to tel you the truth :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you really think so ? :confused:

he was always on the wrong mushrooms for me ............ just like our new prat !! :(:(

staying on topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, did boozie say @ anytime this morning, that he missed any of the game, my moneys on he missed most of tonights game ????????? :o

Jack wtf, :o:o £11m for that pile of schect ?? :confused::confused:

I know, they must be bloody mad :p They have paid 4 times more than Liverpool just paid for Rickie Lambert, a current England International.:o Massimo Cellino Our new owner is doing a great job of cleaning out the dross and hangers-on.

I would value Ross at no more than 4m he has only had one good season at Leeds and that was when the whole team played around him but I wish him all the best for the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayDee279 wrote: »

Remembering Gouldfather obviously makes you a reader of this thread going back some time JayDee and what you say about him often signing off with "Keep it Talksport" is perfectly true, taking also into further account nearly everything CorbynDallas writes is so pro the station just as Gouldfather's always was it does make you wonder if Gould's done a Cantona07 and somehow got himself back under another username and guise as Jack points out in his above post.

Then again he could just be a nephew of The Difference. :D:p(joke Diff honest)

Bike time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... taking also into further account nearly everything [deleted] writes is so pro the station just as Gouldfather's always was ...
    Not only pro-station, but pro- those parts of the station that almost everyone else hates. Oh, my aching sides!

Anyway ... maybe we'll hear a bit less on TS about Van Gaal being Supreme World Genius seeing as, apparently, he had trouble persuading anyone to take the first penalty last night. Subbing the goalie just before the Costa Rica shoot-out doesn't seem liike such a brilliant idea now, does it? It told Cillessen that he was crap at saving pens, basically.
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remembering Gouldfather obviously makes you a reader of this thread going back some time JayDee and what you say about him often signing off with "Keep it Talksport" is perfectly true, taking also into further account nearly everything CorbynDallas writes is so pro the station just as Gouldfather's always was it does make you wonder if Gould's done a Cantona07 and somehow got himself back under another username and guise as Jack points out in his above post.

Then again he could just be a nephew of The Difference. :D:p(joke Diff honest)

Bike time.

Think we know who CorbyDallas is don't we?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Al saying on the breakfast show this morning he's been offered a freebie to the Germany v Argentina World Cup final in Brazil how does he effing do it?. I don't know if this includes the flights but I suspect it does and I also think it very likely the provider is Ossie Ardiles his firm buddy who he's just spend time with playing golf.

If ever a man had such a rosy trip through life it's Alan Brazil, they could pay the guy the minimum working wage working for talkSPORT and with all life's free add-ons eagerly provided for him by everyone he'd still live like a king.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think we know who CorbyDallas is don't we?

To be honest no Oak I don't.

PM me. ;-)
  • Options
    ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Durham

Now I know this will not go down well but I actually think he is top notch - well to be precise could be....

He has a great knowledge of the global game and clearly watches an enormous amount of games

My issue is that he has been deployed awfully in this load mouth persona on Drive, get him off that and with a more high brow collective to debate and he is an entirely different individual

Evidence? Well look at his Saturday show, just great radio and back at FFIE

Drive is however, irredeemable filth, specifically with Gough who I repeat is about as useful as a bog brush at Glastonbury

I agree with that other than that dire drive show Durham is the best football presenter on radio by a long way. Put him next to somebody eloquent who knows the game like Ray Houghton or Alvin Martin and as a football fan you can learn a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could be telling the truth, I used to love reading his posts when he was on a wind-up in other threads, he was very funny.:D

Whatever he wrote may not have been that offensive but in the eyes of the mods it could have been the straw that broke the camels back. I'm sure C07 came back after a life ban, he stayed away for 6-12 months then asked to come back and they said yes.

I have never worked out how Cantona07 got back I'm pretty certain he was given a permanent vacation from here but 12 months or whatever it was he was back again and still even under the same name, considering the rules in here I still find that really amazing,
    Now he's banned again it looks like, I've just checked his DS profile and it says "Inactive Member" which can only mean he's banned, can anyone shine any light on this because I'd like to know what happened, he was being the model poster when he got back on but something must have stirred his temper again. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My two penneth on Adrian Durham.
    I totally agree with all the posters who have said the guy is top notch on just about everything he does on talkSPORT barring Drivetime. People have said that all along, I have said it all along he's the best on the station I and many all agree.

My problem with him is this, I have now had a bucketfull of the cr@p he churns out during Drivetime, it's got to the stage with me that I no longer care how good he is on other things I just want him to stop the nonsense side of him altogether, but he clearly won't. He thinks he's built up some form of mass following for being argumentative, provocative and controversial and it's making him a big name for himself in the business.

It IS, .... and the name is unprintable on here.

So that's it for me, I don't care any longer how good he is on shows away from Drive I just want him away from the station for good, I'd sack him this morning and get rid he's had enough time to change and be sensible but has no intentions of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "All's fair in love and war" Dif my friend !! .......... it's just background noise for me, to tel you the truth :)

Still buddies Sleep?. (you & me i mean)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duram's OK on shows where he just has to read out match scores or chair a debate between people who know what they're talking about. It's when he has to express an opinion that the trouble starts :-)

I deleted the name in my post above as part of a one-man boycott of obvious tr****.
  • Options
    ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My two penneth on Adrian Durham.
    I totally agree with all the posters who have said the guy is top notch on just about everything he does on talkSPORT barring Drivetime. People have said that all along, I have said it all along he's the best on the station I and many all agree.

My problem with him is this, I have now had a bucketfull of the cr@p he churns out during Drivetime, it's got to the stage with me that I no longer care how good he is on other things I just want him to stop the nonsense side of him altogether, but he clearly won't. He thinks he's built up some form of mass following for being argumentative, provocative and controversial and it's making him a big name for himself in the business.

It IS, .... and the name is unprintable on here.

So that's it for me, I don't care any longer how good he is on shows away from Drive I just want him away from the station for good, I'd sack him this morning and get rid he's had enough time to change and be sensible but has no intentions of it.

Take the sensible option and don't listen to Drive. When the football season is on though his Saturday show is unmissable, as good as there is on Radio.
This discussion has been closed.