Olly Murs debut US album pushed back AGAIN!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
Forum Member
Ok! In Case You Didn't know was set to be released on September 25, but his label decided not to release this album in the US.
1 month later his NEW album was avaiable for pre-order on iTunes, set to release on December 4th, and now they pushed back to APRIL 4TH, 2013!
lol

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the Americans have discovered he's not that good.
  • RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the whole world gasps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    much like rita ora then? lol. can they please just stop trying to happen already? i dont like either of them and if they are constantly played on the radio here, i might shoot myself(complete exaggeration), though i very rarely listen to the radio anyway, i couldn't tell you what's in the top 40 right now. im so out of touch with my age group, it''s pathetic. i need to get back with it.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like the marketers are not happy with something. Tough decisions for marketers if it is proving difficult to 'create the desire' for the product?

Over here it was obviously easy to promote mediocre act with SC's calling on his 'friends' in the business to put Olly on repeat on the target audience radio stations. In the US it might be quite a bit more difficult? :confused:

Any way there has to be some reason and you can bet it has to do with money. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    It makes sense since he doesn't have a single on US radio at the moment, and it takes months for airplay to build up to a decent level over there.
    And also his Xtra Factor job would make it difficult to promote the album.
    It would have been silly to release the album in December.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    much like rita ora then? lol. can they please just stop trying to happen already? i dont like either of them and if they are constantly played on the radio here, i might shoot myself(complete exaggeration), though i very rarely listen to the radio anyway, i couldn't tell you what's in the top 40 right now. im so out of touch with my age group, it''s pathetic. i need to get back with it.

Why just cause you`re not a fan why should`nt they at least try?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isn't it a good thing though? it means he can go over and promote it
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Maybe the yanks are not as susceptible to the Emperor's New Clothes as the UK is.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly's a fortunate guy. His huge airplay support plus his constant unashamed promotion on XF means he's always in the public eye. I doubt they can replicate that in the U.S.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    True. He got to about 95 on itunes, and then that was it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly seems a bit too 'Lahndan' for the US market.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's always an element of "chicken & egg" in breaking a new act, especially in the US. Do you just put some tracks out and see what happens without media support, or do you go to the media and see what they think without any fan support? This scenario suggests they've gone to radio & TV and been knocked back, so aren't prepared to invest in any kind of campaign, not for now at least, but I'd have to say the odds were always against him...
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Perhaps the Americans have discovered he's not that good.

Funny:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Robbie Williams with his back catalogue of music and 'hits' couldn't crack the US then I'm afraid Olly has zero chance.
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    isn't it a good thing though? it means he can go over and promote it

My thoughts exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Why just cause you`re not a fan why should`nt they at least try?

I'm clearly not the only one. Rita Ora has tried and failed numerous times. Even them forcing her into the VMAs and giving her a commercial didn't make people want to buy her music. Olly has been much less pushed down our throats, but I did find it a bit over the top that he had to shoot his video in front of the GG bridge to make it more American or something, which was pointless because no one bought it anyway. Usually new artists will get some kind of following here even if it isn't huge, but those two really don't. With Olly maybe it is promotion or maybe his song wasn't that great. With Rita, it's definitely the music. She's been promoted all over TV, put into Jay-Z's summer festival that was one of the most watched things online this year, and radios still wont play her stuff, especially urban radio. She got a number 1 on the dance chart if that's any consolation.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is hardly a shock. He had a huge promo opportunity with supporting One Direction on tour and still Heart Skips a Beat only barely scraped the Billboard Hot 100. The performance of The Wanted and Cher Lloyd's albums show you need more than one hit to make it in the States.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Olly seems a bit too 'Lahndan' for the US market.

Adele just sold 10m albums there. You were saying?
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucky USA I say.:D.

It's obvious that they want to squeeze the UK market till it squeaks getting every last ounce of sales over here without him having to split his time over there promoting for possibly very little return.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

But Adele is talented!
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's because he FLOPPED!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I thought the Americans would love his English cheeky chappy routine. I reckon he'd clean up if he went out on the pull over there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

I said he might be a bit too 'Lahndan' for the US market. Do want me to say it again? :confused:
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hurley wrote: »
    I thought the Americans would love his English cheeky chappy routine. I reckon he'd clean up if he went out on the pull over there!

Not in this day & age lol.