EE: Charlie & Ronnie next legendary couple?

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
I love them together and I'm so happy that DTC has put Ronnie back on track again. I'm sure they will be a memorable couple in the years to come and I'm excited to see how they develop.

How long do you think they'll last, if you think they'll last? Also will they marry in the 5000th episode / 30th anniversary week? :o

Comments

• Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are my favorite ee couple :)
    I hope they both stay after the nick story :) when they leave they should have a happy ending like ronnie deserves with a husband and a child
  • lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love them together so much :D My favourite soap couple at the moment!
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're bringing together two of the shows biggest names - Cotton and Mitchell. I hope they stay together to preserve Dot in Eastenders' future after her inevitable departure. Saying that, I hope June lives on well past 100 and we'll have Dot for at least another 10 years yet!

The pair have fantastic chemistry and bring out the best in one another so here's hoping they can become an indestructible force because both Ronnie and Dot deserve to have something to smile about.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them. They have a weird Bonnie and Clyde feel about them, but more psychotic.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    They're bringing together two of the shows biggest names - Cotton and Mitchell. I hope they stay together to preserve Dot in Eastenders' future after her inevitable departure. Saying that, I hope June lives on well past 100 and we'll have Dot for at least another 10 years yet!

The pair have fantastic chemistry and bring out the best in one another so here's hoping they can become an indestructible force because both Ronnie and Dot deserve to have something to smile about.

I hope so too, especially if we have more Dot scenes like we did tonight! :D
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are abit like janine and micheal.
    twisted but have sympathy.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like them. They have a weird Bonnie and Clyde feel about them, but more psychotic.

I was thinking of the couple in True Romance, the old Tarantino flick.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I hope that the writers see that both characters have enough storyline potential that they don't need to rely on constant relationship drama, and they can actually be relatively happy while they commit various criminal acts (for the right reasons of course.)

It'll all depend on the actors commitment to the show though, I think Samantha Womack will stay around as long as they don't heap too much misery on Ronnie again, not sure about Declan Bennett.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're really great. I'm so glad they seem to be trying to make Charlie a good, likable character. He's done wrong yes, but I hope Dot forgives him.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet they call the baby Reggie.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them together but this is EE
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really love them two.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope DTC doesn't let his ego get in the way when it comes to putting forward best partnership at the award shows. Kellie and Danny are good but Sam and Declan just have it. When Ronnie and Charlie are together there is a mixture of lust, sex, danger and an underlying current of love all thrown in at once. They have the best and most natural chemistry out of any couple in soap currently.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope DTC doesn't let his ego get in the way when it comes to putting forward best partnership at the award shows. Kellie and Danny are good but Sam and Declan just have it. When Ronnie and Charlie are together there is a mixture of lust, sex, danger and an underlying current of love all thrown in at once. They have the best and most natural chemistry out of any couple in soap currently.

I think Danny and Kellie will be up for actor and actress so it would be unfair if they put them up for best partnership, best family, best supporting actor and actress and best arrival and best scene and storyline. However, as they are only interested in winning awards they probably will do this.

No doubt Masood will be up again for best actor despite doing nothing this year. I'm actually struggling to think who else they would put up alongside Danny, Kellie and Lindsay Coulson actually!

But staying on topic :blush: I really like them as a couple. I think they should be Bonnie and Clyde mixed with Passion, sex, drama, naughtiness etc...
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really, really like them and I look forward to their storyline whenever it rears its head. DTC, Sam and Declan have worked hard to build a fascinating, engaging and interesting partnership. That Dot is a part of this s/l away from the Brannings is added bonus. But as someone said, this si EE. Many a likeable couple have gone down this road only to be scuppered towards the end:(
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like them and wish them all the best, they truly do have great screen chemistry, but it is of course EE and how often do people find love on the show and just enjoy it? I was slightly disappointed that Charlie is a caretaker, a noble career of course, but I just wanted him to be something more edgy, running a top-end security firm with connections for instance.:D,
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    I really, really like them and I look forward to their storyline whenever it rears its head. DTC, Sam and Declan have worked hard to build a fascinating, engaging and interesting partnership. That Dot is a part of this s/l away from the Brannings is added bonus. But as someone said, this si EE. Many a likeable couple have gone down this road only to be scuppered towards the end:(

I think the difference this time is DTC looks to be redeeming Ronnie to the character he left in 2010. So he won't ruin the character. It all depends how far ahead they are filming and whether they have seen how well the two have been recieved and keep it going.

DTC clearly cares about Ronnie (as well as Roxy, Shirley and Masoods who he all helped create) so he will be looking to get the best from her.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Both are really interesting characters with so many layers to them, so bringing them together makes for an exciting and probably dangerous combination! I can't wait to see how it will pan out when Nick returns.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love them as a couple. It will be really interesting to see them as parents.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    I really like them and wish them all the best, they truly do have great screen chemistry, but it is of course EE and how often do people find love on the show and just enjoy it? I was slightly disappointed that Charlie is a caretaker, a noble career of course, but I just wanted him to be something more edgy, running a top-end security firm with connections for instance.:D,

I agree. A good gangster type storyline could have been brilliant for Charlie.
    He and Ronnie are spectacular together, though.