Paperwhite kindle

nicklbnicklb Posts: 186
Forum Member
Hi all, just a quick question, partner got one of these for Xmas and can't figure how to shut it down, press power button for seven seconds and it seems to go into standby with a strangely bright screen, close cover then reopen and it starts up, am I missing something.

Cheers

Comments

• dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    It should go off completely with a blank screen , no screensaver, no backlight. An official Amazon cover turns the device on when the cover opens but only the official Amazon one.

My paperwhite had difficulties in switching off after pressing the power button. The screen saver stops so I get a blank screen but the backlight sometimes stays on. It's an intermittent problem though.
    Forum Member
    Don't turn take your finger off the button until you get a blank screen, then it's fully turned off.
  • nicklbnicklb Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that, now you mention it it has only started since put in the case, that must be the reason. Cheers
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    An official Amazon cover turns the device on when the cover opens but only the official Amazon one.

My wife has an un-official one that turns the PaperWhite on when it opens so it's not just the official ones that do it.
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    My wife has an un-official one that turns the PaperWhite on when it opens so it's not just the official ones that do it.

Oh o.k, I thought only the Amazon ones did that, how much did it cost and where was it bought from?
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Oh o.k, I thought only the Amazon ones did that, how much did it cost and where was it bought from?

It's this one from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150942956105?var=450140207991&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649