Options

Marina and the Diamonds - FROOT (New Single)

2»

Comments

• Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra Heart was a superb album and will take some beating... definitely got my money's worth out of that purchase!

The fact that she released 20 tracks throughout the whole era aswell, not many artists would do that. Hopefully she'll release alot with FROOT to.

Bubblegum Bitch
    Primadonna
    Lies
    Homewrecker
    Starring Role
    The State of Dreaming
    Power & Control
    Living Dead
    Teen Idle
    Valley of the Dolls
    Hypocrates
    Fear and Loathing
    Radioactive
    Sex Yeah
    Lonely Hearts Club
    Buy The Stars
    How To Be A Heartbreaker
    EVOL
    Just Desserts
    Electra Heart
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's beautiful and has an amazing figure. Her music's not bad either :)
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Marina but not a fan of this new song.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that she released 20 tracks throughout the whole era aswell, not many artists would do that. Hopefully she'll release alot with FROOT to.

Bubblegum Bitch
    Primadonna
    Lies
    Homewrecker
    Starring Role
    The State of Dreaming
    Power & Control
    Living Dead
    Teen Idle
    Valley of the Dolls
    Hypocrates
    Fear and Loathing
    Radioactive
    Sex Yeah
    Lonely Hearts Club
    Buy The Stars
    How To Be A Heartbreaker
    EVOL
    Just Desserts
    Electra Heart

If she had not bankrupted her label, i would of loved a re-release featuring the new songs that premiered on you tube.

I believe she also filmed a documentary as well which was due to be seen last year called Heartcore but seems to be shelved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She shot the music video for this a few days in a few days ago and the audio video has crossed 2 million views on Youtube. People have been asking about an iTunes link and she said all will be revealed soon, so it'll most likely be an instant great track or something.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She tweeted the album tracklist & fans are speculating that its just going to appear on iTunes tomorrow but who knows. It's pretty much known knowledge now that she has no interest in charts and promo anymore
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    She tweeted the album tracklist & fans are speculating that its just going to appear on iTunes tomorrow but who knows. It's pretty much known knowledge now that she has no interest in charts and promo anymore

Is it though? As someone who considers themselves a huge big fan I can tell you she's never been shy about wanting commercial success, even if she's not made it obvious. Marina wants hits and massive tours, she saw Electra Heart as her ticket to the things I've mentioned but it never happened for her.

Something is coming at the midnight tonight. I suspect the album pre-order with FROOT as the instant grat track along with the video premiere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it though? As someone who considers themselves a huge big fan I can tell you she's never been shy about wanting commercial success, even if she's not made it obvious. Marina wants hits and massive tours, she saw Electra Heart as her ticket to the things I've mentioned but it never happened for her.

Something is coming at the midnight tonight. I suspect the album pre-order with FROOT as the instant grat track along with the video premiere.

Well I agree that the doors were certainly opening during the EH era (or start) but it didn't quite take off, I heard it was down to budget but I'm not entirely sure.

However, I have always found Marina's single (or music releases) quite messy which is why a lot of fans think the yearn for chart success & tours are dwindling. An example would be when she released 'Radioactive' around October 2011 and the album April 2012, with a different lead single ('Prima Donna') and then oddly 'Radioactive' bunged on the deluxe edition as bonus track pretty much. The strategy was slightly back to front, I think a lot of fans thought that the same pattern was gonna happen with 'Froot' but as of yesterday, that all changed :p (thankfully!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's just been announced that the album is out in April and 'Froot' will be on iTunes as of midnight I believe (it's part of the pre-order, some countries already have it).

The album cover is lovely though I will say.