Options

Lynda Bellingham was lined up to star in Eastenders

Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OMG Eastenders wanted Lynda Bellingham to star in the show but unfortanatly she passed o R.I.P

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/406320/Lynda-Bellingham-EastEnders

Comments

• Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would have been great for Eastenders.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Aww, what ashame, I could just see Lynda in EE as well.
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    I think perhaps she was being lined up as Sylvie Carter.

What an addition she would be. Great actress. Sadly, sadly missed. I would have loved to have seen her in my favourite show.
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this was a rumour from a long time ago....the Star really is the pits making it into an actual story :(:(:(
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were rumours that was going to play Coleen Moon back in 2011.
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think perhaps she was being lined up as Sylvie Carter.

What an addition she would be. Great actress. Sadly, sadly missed. I would have loved to have seen her in my favourite show.

Sylvie has been cast already.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    There were rumours that was going to play Coleen Moon back in 2011.

I think that was more forum bullshit to be honest.

Its sad she never got to star in the show. She might have made a great Glenda Mitchell actually. Glynis was so miscast in that role at the 12th hour so the entire character was changed from what she was supposed to be as a result. Shame they couldn't have got Lynda in then. The original story might have played out as intended then.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her performance as 'Irene Radford' in The Bill was spectacular. The character was a totally evil bitch, and she played the part with such relish that it was a joy to watch.
    I think it's a pity that in all the tributes lately, they seem to ignore it, which is a shame IMO, because it shows exactly just how good of an actress she was.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that was more forum bullshit to be honest.

Its sad she never got to star in the show. She might have made a great Glenda Mitchell actually. Glynis was so miscast in that role at the 12th hour so the entire character was changed from what she was supposed to be as a result. Shame they couldn't have got Lynda in then. The original story might have played out as intended then.

I think if Anthony & Tyler had not been cast for their looks and if David Essex stayed on she may have been casted as Coleen Moon.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    Yes there were rumours awhile a go so I contacted her on twitter and she confirned the rumours were not true but she really wished they were as she would have loved a part on the show.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also was going to have a role in The Syndicate' and was due to film in Scarborough next month.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's very sad news.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    It's very sad news.

Extremely, such a great actress and a lovely person to boot.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Her performance as 'Irene Radford' in The Bill was spectacular. The character was a totally evil bitch, and she played the part with such relish that it was a joy to watch.
    I think it's a pity that in all the tributes lately, they seem to ignore it, which is a shame IMO, because it shows exactly just how good of an actress she was.

Agreed. Lynda was great in that role.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She would have been brilliant in Eastenders

My thoughts go out to her husband and sons :cry::cry::(
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »

Lynda Bellingham was fantastic as Irene Radford, one of my all time favourite baddies on the Bill. Its a shame she did get more recognition for the role and it has seemingly been forgot about by most. She was an ideal candidate for a role on eastenders. The guy who played Irene's gangster son was the same guy who played Little Mo's rapist Graham - he was actually on both shows at the same time.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    She would have been great for Eastenders.
    I have to agree
    Lynda Bellingham was fantastic as Irene Radford, one of my all time favourite baddies on the Bill. Its a shame she did get more recognition for the role and it has seemingly been forgot about by most. She was an ideal candidate for a role on eastenders. The guy who played Irene's gangster son was the same guy who played Little Mo's rapist Graham - he was actually on both shows at the same time.

I was just thinking about this role when I saw this thread. She was excellent