Beyonce is the best live performer I have ever seen!

jacqueline_greejacqueline_gree Posts: 1,053
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She is truly special.

I've seen a lot of artists live in my time, from Madonna, to Janet, to Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez and Michael but no one comes close to Beyonce.

Like her or not, she is the best live performer to ever live. The show she puts on is one of a kind and her voice is phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal.

I was always doubtful of Beyonce and kind of thought she was overrated, but I honestly don't care for the negativity anymore, she is the best live performer to ever live and I truly mean that.

I am still in shock over how good she was. Well done Beyonce, a night to remember.

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the best live performer I agree with you. I've seen most of the big names live. Other, for example Pink are absolutely fantastic, but Beyonce is without a doubt out of this world.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen all the artists in the world live? You state you have seen ALOT but not all of them so then you cant state she is the best performer in the world. You might see someone better then her in the future.
  • jacqueline_greejacqueline_gree Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen all the artists in the world live? You state you have seen ALOT but not all of them so then you cant state she is the best performer in the world. You might see someone better then her in the future.

Doubt I ever will but I'm eager to see if she can be beaten!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Madonna always used to be my favourite performer but Beyonce totally outshines her now, for me.
    Her Glastonbury set was spectacular!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh for god sake don't be so ridiculous. It's pretty obvious that it's opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find The Who were the best live of all time... And more importantly, they're not some shitty little corporate popstars.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for god sake don't be so ridiculous. It's pretty obvious that it's opinion.

Hmm. Opinion yeah ok. But you dont see me boasting Little Mix are the best live performers in the world do you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Opinion yeah ok. But you dont see me boasting Little Mix are the best live performers in the world do you.

How can you compare the two?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find The Who were the best live of all time... And more importantly, they're not some shitty little corporate popstars.

Oh we're they good? I've never seen them live. Like I said, Beyonce is the best live performer I have ever seen. Not fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No I don't, but if you really, seriously think that they are then go and start a thread about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh we're they good? I've never seen them live. Like I said, Beyonce is the best live performer I have ever seen. Not fact.

Thats not necessarily what you said though is it?

"She is the best live performer to ever live"

But I'll quite happily go on the record to claim that The Who of 1970 were the greatest live act of all time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so with this. I've been to so many concerts - but after seeing Beyoncè on Tuesday - she was easily the best. I like Beyoncè but have never classed her as my favourite musician. But live she's even better than my favourites. Faultless.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Thats not necessarily what you said though is it?

"She is the best live performer to ever live"

But I'll quite happily go on the record to claim that The Who of 1970 were the greatest live act of all time.

http://img.pandawhale.com/29257-Beyonce-Didnt-Read-LOL-gif-pZrJ.gif
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Give these a try for a good live show.

The Rolling Stones.
    The who.
    Iron Maiden.
    Judas Priest.
    Black Sabbath.
    Deep Purple.
    Led Zeppelin (now split up)
    whitesnake.
    Thin Lizzy.
    Metallica.
    UFO.

But i am sure Beyonce was good on the night you saw her but Rock shows generally are awesome catch some if you can. :)

Like her or not, she is the best live performer to ever live. The show she puts on is one of a kind and her voice is phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal.

Best live performer to ever live i doubt it.:D

Beyoncé faced the music at a news conference Thursday before the Super Bowl, admitting that she sang along to a pre-recorded track when she performed the national anthem on Inauguration Day.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way is she the best performer ever to live. I'd give that to Queen and Freddie Mercury
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your entitled to your opinion, people need to give OP a break, it's just what they think and what they've experienced, it's not doing any harm so stop trying to force YOUR favourites on them, it isn't gonna change their opinion so why bother?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Your entitled to your opinion, people need to give OP a break, it's just what they think and what they've experienced, it's not doing any harm so stop trying to force YOUR favourites on them, it isn't gonna change their opinion so why bother?!

I have seen literally 100s of live bands and the op did state Beyonce is the" best live act ever" of course its only an opinion but usually for an opinion you need others to measure against it.

Music is very subjective but i wonder whom the OP was measuring Beyonces performance to? thats all.

Not doing any harm for us to question beyonces credentials as the best live act ever either surely is there.?
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do think The Who at their best were as good as it gets.

I saw them back then, and they were astonishing. I'm seeing them again next month, and know it wont be the same, but they're still very good.

One of the best shows I've ever seen though is Roger Waters performing The Wall. I've never seen anything quite as spectacular as that, and luckily enough, I've got tickets to se it again later this year.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    No way is she the best performer ever to live. I'd give that to Queen and Freddie Mercury

I was thinking of Freddie. The greatest performer that ever lived. Taken from us far too soon. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQsM6u0a038

Perfection and the only other performer I have seen come close to that was Madonna when she did her own Live Aid segment in 2005. Obviously Madonna's voice isn't the strongest but her stage persona makes up for it. Look at how she controls the entire crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLhGDA3fJQ
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking of Freddie. The greatest performer that ever lived. Taken from us far too soon. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQsM6u0a038

Perfection and the only other performer I have seen come close to that was Madonna when she did her own Live Aid segment in 2005. Obviously Madonna's voice isn't the strongest but her stage persona makes up for it. Look at how she controls the entire crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLhGDA3fJQ

Madonna's Blond Ambition tour is probably the best pop concert tour ever. I do agree though that rock concerts are the best, you don't get fans at those who sit silently and moan when the big hits aren't played.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Madonna's Blond Ambition tour is probably the best pop concert tour ever. I do agree though that rock concerts are the best, you don't get fans at those who sit silently and moan when the big hits aren't played.

Hmmmm if you fancy a real crazy gig The Who in the 70s were it and very spectacular in comparison and i have seen a recording Madonnas tour was quite tame.At one gig The Who gave Keith Moon Horse Tranquiliser to slow him down,and at one he was lifted off his drums and floated on air by wires legendary.

As were Ozzy Osbourne gigs in the 80s at one he even fired dwarfs from cannons.!

Although i agree with you as far as pop concerts go Maddonas was probably the best of that genre.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as pop genres go, Blond Ambition was the blueprint for every pop tour that has followed it. Madonna managed to completely change the market. Rolling Stone cited it as the Greatest Tour of the 1990s.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as pop genres go, Blond Ambition was the blueprint for every pop tour that has followed it. Madonna managed to completely change the market. Rolling Stone cited it as the Greatest Tour of the 1990s.

Wasn't that the tour where she mimed half of it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    Wasn't that the tour where she mimed half of it?

Nope. She sang some it with a damaged voiced due to over straining it and had to cancel some dates. Madonna has however always relied on having two backing singers with her on each tour she has done. Nikki and Donna are the most famous. You probably know them without realising it.

As someone who has attended several Madonna tours I would say the only one which has used heavy backing tracks was Reinvention but it could be said that was needed due to most of the tracks featuring autotuned vocals anyways.

Don't ever kid yourself that artists don't use playback and backing vocals on tours. They all do aside from perhaps the old school rockers. Bieber and Gaga were both caught out for using playback on their recent tours so Beyoncé could well be the same. I mean she did mime rather famously earlier this year.. then her whole team were running around like headless chickens when it leaked and went against her ever so perfect image (another example of this is the banning of pics from the SB that made her look less than flattering!!) . So its not too difficult to accept that some of her tour may have been the same. Its all just too perfect with Beyoncé. Even when she was pregnant she was hitting every note with ease while dancing at the same time... come on ;)