Options

The Neon Demon

jack_marsdinjack_marsdin Posts: 54
Forum Member
Anyone excited to see this? I think it looks very good. Very mixed reviews, some love it, some loathe it.

I guess it's going to be that kinda film with an acquired taste

Comments

• Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,433
    Forum Member
    Me!

I think it looks very intriguing. Can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    SupersoulSupersoul Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. Just hope it gets a look-in at the local arthouse cinema.

The Director's films are always worth seeing. They can be irritating, but they stay with you.
  • Options
    Society619Society619 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    https://societyreviews.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/the-neon-demon-review/

'Nicolas Winding Refn is the director for this film who has directed such titles as Drive and Only God Forgives. Now I have never seen these films and maybe that’s the problem because many people who have say that Refn is a ‘style over substance’ director and after watching this movie I can say that substance is meth…laced with crack.'

My Neon Demon Review
  • Options
    JWiseJWise Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Looks awesome - nice to combine his artistic style with with a surprising genre!
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I've read the plot for this, and it sounds as random as ****. Not saying it'll be a bad film, but it's certainly out there.
  • Options
    jack_marsdinjack_marsdin Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I've read the plot for this, and it sounds as random as ****. Not saying it'll be a bad film, but it's certainly out there.

It is. It's very full on. Depending on how open minded you are, it'll either be a treat for the eyes or a complete WTF.