Is anyone else having problem with the Vodafone network today?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Is anyone else having problem with the Vodafone network today?

We're pay-as-you-go customers in the Coventry area and two of us are unable to make or receive calls despite having a full signal.

I tried to call Vodafone on a landline at about 3pm and gave up after waiting 20 minutes.

Anyone else having problems today?

What with this and other recent issues, including non-existent coverage in parts of Lincolnshire, we're seriously considering switching to O2.

Many thanks,

Steve.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    One of my friends who is on vodafone PAYG has just called from her friends phone to say her phone won't send texts or allow incoming or outgoing calls. I just phoned it and it said invalid number. We are in Hampshire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just managed to speak to customer services at Vodafone.

There is a high priority network issue which is being investigated which is affecting some, but not all customers - my number is in the range affected by the outage. I'm advised that the fault is temporary and should be fixed shortly.

I was able to contact them on my Vodafone mobile, not landline which suggests to me perhaps that the issue lies within the pay-as-you-go credit/payment systems, rather than the network itself?

Steve.