When will the baby swap storyline end?

leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have we been given any suggestion as to when the baby swap storyline will end. I don't like it, and feel uncomfortable watching it all. Perhaps Eastenders bosses may end it quicker now that there has been a few 1000 complaints?

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some rumours say two years, others say 6 weeks
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read February.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also heard various rumours about it running for 'years'... I really dont see how that could work. Any of the key actors could quit (or get sacked!) within that length of time, plus new viewers won't care about the storyline. How many 'knowing' looks/looks of angst can Ronnie give and maintain our interest??

Agreed, the fallout will be MASSIVE but to me it might actually LOSE some impact the longer it runs. I know if it were real life the opposite would be true, but in soap I don't think it works like that for the viewers.

A couple of months would sound about right to me. Any more will be really hard to sustain imo.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard feb, but the affects to go on for 2 years (just what ive been told) and I'm looking forward to seieng how it gets handled :)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will end with a Ronnie/Kat 2-hander. Sam recently mentioned she'd had the hardest month ever shooting this storyline, so who knows whether it will wrap up around then, toward the end of February?
  • sammie1millionsammie1million Posts: 9,970
    Forum Member
    I think about a year would be perfect!:) I can hang in there with the best of them but longer than that and I think i'll get fed up of it:rolleyes:
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Apparently there is been a mix up with the reveal.
    What Ronnie does ISN'T the revel in Feb, going by the soap magazines, I believe that to be true.
    And then there are strong rumours it's going to run and run. :rolleyes:
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat said the police took the babies nappies away for evidence, surely when they do tests they will realise they are different babies?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will get boring and lose its impact if they let it go on too long. Kat needs to get her baby back pronto if they want me to start watching properly again. But they won't care about 1 viewer lol.
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    christmas day. Over the turkey dinner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    surely they cant let it go for 2 years, ronnie wouldve bonded with the baby, kat would be nothing to him...i think it would be sadder still to have them reveal kat is his mum but so late that she cant feel like his mother, missed out on so much etc...thats just too cruel....
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If theres any justice it will be sooner rather than later, becuase as said the police would find out through their tests, the coroner would find out at autopsy and the hospital would do an enquiry on the visiting midwife & maternity unit to find out why ronnies "baby" lost half its body weight and a club foot over night, The midwife was'nt portrayed very well either dismissing those notes the whole aftermath so far has more holes in it than that. You'd think considering they keep banging on about advice they would actually try and portray some kind of reality on that aspect of the SL.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    If theres any justice it will be sooner rather than later, becuase as said the police would find out through their tests, the coroner would find out at autopsy and the hospital would do an enquiry on the visiting midwife & maternity unit to find out why ronnies "baby" lost half its body weight and a club foot over night, The midwife was'nt portrayed very well either dismissing those notes the whole aftermath so far has more holes in it than that. You'd think considering they keep banging on about advice they would actually try and portray some kind of reality on that aspect of the SL.

i thought the club foot was explained very well in last night's episode, I did wonder if it was possible that this could be a temporary condition as a result of being pressed in the womb or during the birth, and the midwife, although puzzled, did offer that explanation when she said it could right itself in a few weeks, obviously this is much less than a few weeks, but mistakes are made with medical records all the time, in my work I often have medical records to review and you might be surprised at how much wrong information is entered!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (ridiculously!:o) hadnt considered the prospect of taking a two year-old away from what he believes to be his mother and returning him to his stranger of a natural mother and all his distress would be going too far even for EE!!

I am ruling 2 years out. It coming out in the next month or two ties in with the actors saying about their stressful scenes, and Scott's comments during Strictly about how heavy the stuff was he was filming at the time, not just 'normal' filming-busy.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milmol wrote: »
    Yes (ridiculously!:o) hadnt considered the prospect of taking a two year-old away from what he believes to be his mother and returning him to his stranger of a natural mother and all his distress would be going too far even for EE!!

I am ruling 2 years out. It coming out in the next month or two ties in with the actors saying about their stressful scenes, and Scott's comments during Strictly about how heavy the stuff was he was filming at the time, not just 'normal' filming-busy.

i think that is what will make it compellng viewing! is it right to take away a toddler from the only parents he has known and send him across the Square to live with his rightful family? but at the same time you can't legally or morally deprive the parents of their son!
  • nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evamoo wrote: »
    surely they cant let it go for 2 years, ronnie wouldve bonded with the baby, kat would be nothing to him...i think it would be sadder still to have them reveal kat is his mum but so late that she cant feel like his mother, missed out on so much etc...thats just too cruel....

Forget about how Kat/Ronnie bonded with the baby. How on earth can they show Ronnie having a mental breakdown last a year? How can they not show a massive breakdown/ her suicidal after everything that has gone on. Ronnie has already contemplated suicide twice! In addition, there are Ronnie's issues about being Archie, keeping mothers from babies and the fact she doesn't want to bring up a baby that isnt hers. For this to go on longer than a few months would completely undo what they are supposedly trying to show; Ronnie's behaviour due to her grief causing her to be having a breakdown!
  • nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    i think that is what will make it compellng viewing! is it right to take away a toddler from the only parents he has known and send him across the Square to live with his rightful family? but at the same time you can't legally or morally deprive the parents of their son!

Imo that only makes compelling viewing with teenagers or older children where you can see and hear their reactions. A child under 2; how will that be compelling viewing? Th child would adapt in a few days/ weeks like it had never happened.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Some rumours say two years, others say 6 weeks

I really hope its the latter.
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    The 26th anniversary live episode.

KAT: For God sakes Ronnie stop asking me to babysit, I'm not its mother
    RONNIE: oh yes you are

DUFF DUFF
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

DUFF DUFF

The 26th anniversary would actually be a good time for the reveal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

DUFF DUFF

:D:D:D

The soap reveiwer on 'This Morning' on Monday intimated that the producers wanted this story to run for years, but perhaps the pressure of so many complaints will be brought to bear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    It will get boring and lose its impact if they let it go on too long. Kat needs to get her baby back pronto if they want me to start watching properly again. .

same here
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I hope they end this baby swap plot sooner rather than later - another couple of weeks would be enough for me. Kat needs to get her baby back, Ronnie needs to grieve for her lost child. I find it rather sad that the baby swap plot has overshadowed the cot death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Did Kat go to hospital after she had Tommy? I didn't see the Xmas week episodes.

If she did maybe the initial 'reveal' won't be that Ronnie swapped them. It might be discoveted that 'James' is 'Tommy' and that it's assumed by everyone they were swapped at the hospital (and Ronnie plays along)?

If Kat didn't go to hospital then ignore me!