Number of sexual partners

Comments

• Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    I'm 16 and a gay man and I've had 6 patners. All one meet only, the first five in woods when I claimed I was at after school club, so i had to rush back to the school for when my mum picked me up, and the sixth when I bunked of a lesson and we did it In a cupboard.

At 16, I'd consider you a child, not a man.

Six partners at your age is worrying.
  • SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

Not really relevant. Sexually speaking, the law considers a 16 year old of either gender and any sexual orientation a competent consenting adult.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    Never counted. I could give a ballpark figure though - it's definitely less than a ballpark.

(Actually it's more than one, less than ten.)
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 16 and a gay man and I've had 6 patners. All one meet only, the first five in woods when I claimed I was at after school club, so i had to rush back to the school for when my mum picked me up, and the sixth when I bunked of a lesson and we did it In a cupboard.
    Someone's living out their fantasy.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=783441

Something tells me he's not really 16. Or gay.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »
    How very interesting, seeing as apparently you had a wife in 2008:

Married at 11, eh? :rolleyes:
    I have explaned that many times now. I was pretending to be my dad. And I am gay.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Not really relevant. Sexually speaking, the law considers a 16 year old of either gender and any sexual orientation a competent consenting adult.
    It's relevant to my opinion, which is why I said "I'd consider you ..." and not "you are ..."
  • QueenMaudeQueenMaude Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    How very interesting, seeing as apparently you had a wife in 2008:

Married at 11, eh? :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting someone is lying on the internet? How very dare you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have explaned that many times now. I was pretending to be my dad.
    Wouldn't it have been much easier for you to say that your dad created the account in 2008 but doesn't post here anymore so now you use it?
    Why on Earth would you be 'pretending to be your dad'?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    What actually counts as a "sexual partner" though? Obviously it makes quite a lot of difference to the number if you only count sex (in my case, that's 5) or if you count stuff other than sex (in my case about 15)
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love pretending to be my dad on the internet.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Wouldn't it have been much easier for you to say that your dad created the account in 2008 but doesn't post here anymore so now you use it?
    Why on Earth would you be 'pretending to be your dad'?
    I pretended to be my dad because I thought I could get banned if I revealed I was only 11/12. And that people would not take me seriously. My dad cant even use the internet.
    I was only 15 when I did the first five and the police have been involved. One of them was arrested( he was mid 20's) but later released because of lack of evidence to prosecute. and the fact I honestly couldn't remember if I told him my real age or not.
    The others ages were 38,17,15,29 and 23. I did go all the way with all but one of them.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading somewhere that a study was done on differences in the answers men and women gave to the question of how many sexual partners they had. One group were told they had no anonymity, another were told they had complete anonymity, and another were placed under fake polygraph examination. There wasn't much difference between the men's answers in all three groups, but the women who thought they had no anonymity gave the lowest number, the women who thought they had anonymity gave a higher number, and ones on the fake polygraph gave an even higher number.

Found it: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3936-fake-liedetector-reveals-womens-sex-lies.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pretended to be my dad because I thought I could get banned if I revealed I was only 11/12. And that people would not take me seriously.
    Oh ok. It all makes complete sense now.

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

TBH I do think the age for legally consenting sex should be risen to 18 (No matter what sexuality you are)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Not really for those of us with a bit of self-respect and common decency.

So it would still be easy, you just wouldn't want to do it. Fair enough, but don't judge those who do.
  • j4the1j4the1 Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH I do think the age for legally consenting sex should be risen to 18 (No matter what sexuality you are)

I had gay sex when I was 14 with a man of 33 :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

I agree but I don't think it'd stop 95% of the people who already sleep with people in their teens.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member

I have no idea at all what you think this will achieve. I assume you'd change the marriage age as well? As it happens, it wouldn't have affected me, but I am 100% against the needless criminalisation of young people. Unless it damages you, let others live their lives.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I'm 28 and on 19 so almost at average then aren't I!!
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    I have no idea at all what you think this will achieve. I assume you'd change the marriage age as well? As it happens, it wouldn't have affected me, but I am 100% against the needless criminalisation of young people. Unless it damages you, let others live their lives.

Maybe some people waiting a few years longer to make that choice as IMO 16 is to young to make a decision like that
    Forum Member
    Maybe some people waiting a few years longer to make that choice as IMO 16 is to young to make a decision like that

I believe you have yet to make the decision at all, from what you've previously posted. Not a good position to argue for others right to decide to be taken away. I have a 17 yr old daughter. Deciding when is a part of growing up, as is making some of your own mistakes. I sincerely hope she makes good decisions, but she must make them, not me, or the law.
    Forum Member
    I believe you have yet to make the decision at all, from what you've previously posted. Not a good position to argue for others right to decide to be taken away. I have a 17 yr old daughter. Deciding when is a part of growing up, as is making some of your own mistakes. I sincerely hope she makes good decisions, but she must make them, not me, or the law.

I have made the decision never to have sex at all so it was a choice at 16 I still wasn't sure and if I had I would have spent the rest of my life regretting it.
  • SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's one of the most sensible, rational if not downright wisest posts I've ever seen on here.
    Forum Member
    I have made the decision never to have sex at all so it was a choice at 16 I still wasn't sure and if I had I would have spent the rest of my life regretting it.

Other people feel differently to you about sex. Most of us, in fact. We don't force you to have sex, so don't force us not to. It may be the stupidest idea I've heard this week on DS. But don't worry, someone else will top that in a day or so.