An unfortunate juxtaposition created a witch in my bedroom

PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I went to sleep last night after watching Hansel and Gretel. Woke up about three in the morning, glanced around the room and my eyes fell upon a hunched old crone silhouetted in front of my moonlit bedroom window, her gnarled fingers pointing directly at me.

My sphincter contracted sharply at this hideous sight.

The sphincter constriction must have focused my eyes sharply because the wizened ole crone resolved itself into a vase, a few decorative flowers, a teddy bear and part of the curtain.

All the time it was just a collection of household bric-a-brac that mimicked the shape of a witch from a certain angle, in a certain light, viewed in a state of drowsiness. (Unless it was a real witch who could change her shape).

Have you even awoken in the night and spotted something in your room that wasn't what it seemed?

Comments

• sleepybellesleepybelle Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Yeah, dressing gown hanging on back of bedroom door, thought it was the Black Nun. Never had a dressing gown hang there since.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember experiencing things like that when I was four or five.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Lol at the OP.

I thought I saw a deer in my bedroom once, no clue as to what it actual was though. :confused:
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I saw a vase but it was really a witch
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justicar wrote: »
    I thought I saw a vase but it was really a witch

Where is that from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is that from?

From a webcam in my living room :eek: Actually it's from the film Mama.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a webcam in my living room :eek: Actually it's from the film Mama.

:D haven't seen that one yet.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do these arrangements always resemble something sinister like witches or monsters and not something desirable like nudey women?:mad:
  • goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember experiencing things like that when I was four or five.
    I remember seeing alligators in my bedroom, plus sometimes a pointy toothed and very evil version of my own mum! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I lived with my Nan and grandad back in the early 90s and one day I went to bed and woke up as my Nan was bending down to pick up my clothes off the floor in the pile I usually lob them when jumping into bed.
    I said thanks Nan and put my head down to drop back off but instantly shot right up sweating as my Nan had died from Cancer only a few days before.
    there was no-one there !

I can still see her now as clear as day in that brief moment, she 'was' there - I saw her 100% positive.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    This is like something that happened to me a few months ago funnily enough. I was listening to a song late at night on my ipod in bed, all the house in complete darkness, when suddenly the ipods battery cut out. The song I was listening to was Rod Stewart Maggie May. As it cut off just at the good part I was furious and shouted out "Curse you Maggie, Curse you Maggie FFS Maggie".

Suddenly I got a shock. I turned my head and I saw this figure moving in the darkness. Coming closer to me. I was terrified, heart pounding. I could hear the footsteps...coming closer. Suddenly this vile figure came into the sharpness of my eyes and I could make the shape of a woman out. A ghost woman. Suddenly she spoke, a gholish echoey distant, posh voice sounded out:

"The LADY'S NOT FOR TURNING!!!!!!!"

"AHHHHHH" was my response! "Maggie's back!!" Damn, I have summoned her with the ancient method of saying a witch's name 3 times. Suddenly a thought came into my head of how to banish this vile ghost "I love money and rich bankers" I shouted.

At that instance, the ghost vanished and to my surprise an ice cold refreshing pint of milk had formed on my bedside table. This was an ordeal to say the least but I was able to get back to sleep soon enough after my ghost encounter.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, dressing gown hanging on back of bedroom door, thought it was the Black Nun. Never had a dressing gown hang there since.

When I was little my parents used to leave the bedroom door slightly open - so they could hear if I stirred I assume - there was also a dresssing gown hanging there - this and the open door used to scare me to death!
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    When I was little and sleeping in the bed with someone I'd open my eyes in the dark and see a skull staring back at me instead of the persons face. Used to scare the hell out of myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of your experiences happened when you were children.

Makes me think i should have grown out of seeing things by now.
  • BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    When I was little and sleeping in the bed with someone I'd open my eyes in the dark and see a skull staring back at me instead of the persons face. Used to scare the hell out of myself.

Ooh yes ! You can do that with a mirror, too.
    Because there's no light so no colour you get a corpse face staring back at you.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hansel & Gretel with Jeremy Renner? That's a pretty awful film. can't believe anything you thought you saw in the night was worse that that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hansel & Gretel with Jeremy Renner? That's a pretty awful film. can't believe anything you thought you saw in the night was worse that that :D

I wasn't watching Jeremy Renner though. I was watching Gemma Arterton in leather. Gemma Arterton is one of my nine celebrity crushes.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I wasn't watching Jeremy Renner though. I was watching Gemma Arterton in leather. Gemma Arterton is one of my nine celebrity crushes.

Lol - She and Renner were the only redeeming features in the whole misogynistic, nasty mess.:D
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes - my door is right next to the side of the bed and my dressing gown/pile of coats on the hook makes it look like there is someone creepy stood there next to the side of the bed in the middle of the night. For example, a guy in a long mac.

I don't like it, but I don't have anywhere else to hang my dressing gown so I just put up with it :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    Yes - my door is right next to the side of the bed and my dressing gown/pile of coats on the hook makes it look like there is someone creepy stood there next to the side of the bed in the middle of the night. For example, a guy in a long mac.

I don't like it, but I don't have anywhere else to hang my dressing gown so I just put up with it :o

Dressing gowns seem to be a common problem. I might have to invent a friendly looking dressing gown so it gives you warm fuzzy feelings when you spot it during the night rather than scary sinister shocks.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member

All i learned from that film is that Famke Janssen either has a brilliant doctor or she ages slower than the rest of us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    All i learned from that film is that Famke Janssen either has a brilliant doctor or she ages slower than the rest of us.

She's a witch, she has magical anti aging powers to keep her young and beautiful. Oh how beautiful she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I saw Santa one night but I could tell it was my dad :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I saw Santa one night but I could tell it was my dad :(

Your dad must have been in my room once because i thought i saw Santa as well.
  • sleepybellesleepybelle Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »

No chance i'd put up with it. This happened when I was a kid still wouldn't have a dressing gown there. I haven't got any wiser with age, i'd still think it was the black nun.:o