Sharon SPOILER

Comments

• CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Sharon is planning to open a bar on the Square but Linda is not happy about it- I wonder if it will be the old Arghee Barghee unit? I hope this happens as Sharon needs to be out of the club.

As long as she owns it herself! The thought of another Mitchell owned business (((shudder)))
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    A bar, pub and a night club?
    No wonder Lauren became an alcoholic.

LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people not like the woman that plays Sharon to, or is it just the character she's become that people don't like?
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »
    Do people not like the woman that plays Sharon to, or is it just the character she's become that people don't like?

I'm assuming it's Sharon (the character) people don't like. But I have some nasty comments about Letitia Dean from the fans who hate Sharon.. Sharon used to be one of the most popular characters ever before her comeback. Under DTC, I'm sure Sharon will be popular again.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »

Viewers seem to love the old Sharon but aren't very fond of the new style Sharon character. Nothing at all to do with the actress.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Viewers seem to love the old Sharon but aren't very fond of the new style Sharon character. Nothing at all to do with the actress.

Letitia is supposed to be a lovely lady..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am keen to know where this bar could be?
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    The thing with Clubs in Soaps well in EE anyway they just make it so tacky the music is always cheesy and way to low i know its for sound purposes but films and other shows work round it and still make there clubs sound and look like a club. R&R has got to be the worst club ever and its so small.

It would be good to have it thriving bring in a new crowd possibly introduce us to minor characters break away from the regulars maybe for a night.

Also, they always seem to be going to R & R in the daylight hours, even in winter! :D
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather Sharon buy into Ian's restaurant and we see them work together and then Roxy and Ronnie revamp the R&R.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Sponging off her ex boyfriend; sleeping with her own brother; cheating on her husband with his brother....yes Sharon really is the definition
    of classy and upmarket.

Sleeping with her brother? She hasn't got a brother has she?

I always thought it was hilarious they tried turn her and Dennis into incest!

She was adopted by Dennis' Dad, a Dad he never knew, and only met him when they were in their 30's, they weren't brought up together, they aren't related at all in that respect.
    Made a good headline, I spose! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I'd rather Sharon buy into Ian's restaurant and we see them work together and then Roxy and Ronnie revamp the R&R.

Scarlett's is too prisy for EE, all monkfish etc, it needs to be more like Nick's Bistro in Corrie.
  • nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Sleeping with her brother? She hasn't got a brother has she?

I always thought it was hilarious they tried turn her and Dennis into incest!

She was adopted by Dennis' Dad, a Dad he never knew, and only met him when they were in their 30's, they weren't brought up together, they aren't related at all in that respect.
    Made a good headline, I spose! lol

Legally they are brother and sister. Legally Sharon was Den's daughter and Dennis was his son.
  • BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Sharon going to re-open the Dagmar?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beaconboof wrote: »

Sadie leaves in about 4 weeks so its possible. That building is far more suited to a wine bar than the Argee Bargee is. They could put a salon in any old shop but a wine bar is different. It needs to be in the right location. I think getting rid of the Argee Bargee would be a bad move as even though its no longer seen it would be unrealistic to not have one curry house in that area. So even if its just in the background its still there if you get me.

I love the idea of the Vic and the Dagmar again. Its like we have gone back to the 80s! Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Den run the Dagmar for a while before he left? I know Angie ran it after the divorce as Angie and Sharon also lived in the top flat. So Sharon is already connected to that place through history in a similar way she is to The Vic.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Legally they are brother and sister. Legally Sharon was Den's daughter and Dennis was his son.

Legally they were not. Dennis did not have Den on his birth certificate, Paula was not married to Den and Den had no clue about him so he couldn't have been listed on the birth certificate. Legally neither Dennis or Vicki are his children. And Sharon had her own biological parents on hers.

Den's ONLY legal child is Sharon. Why is why she inherited the Vic when he died. Chrissie as his wife could not as you cant benefit from your crime, his only relative at that point is Sharon. Not Dennis or Vicki. Ironically his non biological child is legally his only child.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    The old-style Sharon is returning very soon! Well done DTC :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beaconboof wrote: »

Is the Dagmar where Beauty is now?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, open a wine bar that resembles something from the real world and do something else with the club set because it doesn't look like a nightclub.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,287
    Forum Member
    Is the Dagmar where Beauty is now?

Yes! :)
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,287
    Forum Member
    I am keen to know where this bar could be?

The Arjee Bharjee would be the obvious choice.
  • perpet83perpet83 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »

This. The Sharon that we've had for the last year or so just doesn't even vaguely resemble the character we'd all got to know during her previous stints. She was, to all intents and purposes, a completely different person. I know people change, but she was unrecognisable. Fortunately they are now undoing that damage and it seems like viewers are responding positively. Sharon was always a very independent character before and it would be good to see her running her own business again.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet when push comes to shove its just a refurbished R & R! Phil might just sign his share over to her.
  • soapreturneesoapreturnee Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Hope this storyline goes further....it's going to be interesting Sharon's back....big style!! :):)
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news!! :)
  • AngieWattsFanAngieWattsFan Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    It's a good idea but it should happen when Sharon and Phil fall out. Worth remembering that Ronnie tried to turn Booty into a bar, but Roxy bought the salon as part of her business empire. I think that once she finds out what Phil did to Dennis back in 2005, turning Arjee Bharjee into a nightclub could be a 'thing' as one of several acts of revenge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda won't be happy with Sharon's plan.