Seeking Recommendations for BB and/or CC Cream

WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
Forum Member
✭✭
As the title says, I'm trying to find a good BB or CC cream and by good I mean one that suits me! My skin is "mature" combination/dry and very fair. I'm currently using Tarte BB tinted treatment which I quite like except that I have to use a moisturiser under it (which I'd rather not have to do since the point of the exercise is to use fewer products, not more). I've recently tried Sephora CC cream which is also quite good but it makes my eyes sting and is also quite drying on my cheeks - actually creating wrinkles! Garnier's BB cream is the best so far in terms of moisturising and looks quite good but is a bit shiny/greasy looking and doesn't quite give me the finished look I'd like.

Is there any hope for me??? :confused:

Comments

• GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been using Maybelline Dream Fresh BB for about 6-8 months. It's been okay and gives alright coverage. My skin's quite moisturised but I've had some break-outs since I've been using it, so when I finish this tube (which is almost there - my 3rd one though so I've stuck with it) I'm switching to Simple BB to see if it is a) any good and b) doesn't make me spotty!

I'm 27, combination and very pale.
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I'm 26 and have Rosacea and find Clinique's CC Cream works great for my skin- it lasts for ages as only a bit is needed :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I've been using the no.7 BB cream for about a year now, I'm mid twenties with combination- can be very oily skin and this one has worked really well for me so far! so handy as well that it's from boots-always one near by!:)

Tara
    http://life.stylehoney.com/
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I like the No7 Youthful CC cream. It offer low coverage so not great if you feel like you need a lot of coverage, but it is really lovely and contains SPF 15 so protects your skin as well. ;)

I just find it goes on the skin really nicely and stays on well all day. Not cakey at all and really good for the summer.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you everyone, for all the recommendations. I'll keep you posted! :)
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a follow up, I tried the Simple BB and was horrified - so yellow and weird! Back to the Maybelline it is!
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think I'm not the only one having problems finding just the right one for me! :)
  • catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    After a lot of trial and error with cheaper BB creams, I love MAC prep and prime compact. Expensive but lasts ages. Also acts as a primer. I have been in floods of tears when wearing it and afterwards you just would not know. My make up looks the same at the end of the day as it looks at the start. My skin is clear. I'm 53 BTW