small things that make you feel old

mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After watching the recent McBusted documentary where they played the song What i go to school for, and they sang the lyric "So she may be 33 but that doesn't bother me", I realised that hot Miss McKenzie from the song would be 45 years old now :o

Comments

• Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that I will turn 52 next Thursday
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    After watching the recent McBusted documentary where they played the song What i go to school for, and they sang the lyric "So she may be 33 but that doesn't bother me", I realised that hot Miss McKenzie from the song would be 45 years old now :o

When I was watching the big reunion and all those boy bands I used to fancy had turned into men I wouldn't look twice at.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I realised a while back there is a whole generation of kids who either won't know what a VCR is or will never have used one...made me feel ancient at just 30!
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lots of them!

small and big! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    When I was watching the big reunion and all those boy bands I used to fancy had turned into men I wouldn't look twice at.

The frightening thought is that the majority of people who were in the popular bands when we were teenagers will probably be grandparents by now.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Explaining stuff like playing "war" and how to make the sound of a machine gun, and how to go on a all day bike ride.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »
    Explaining stuff like playing "war" and how to make the sound of a machine gun, and how to go on a all day bike ride.

Japs and Commandos?.:D
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My crinkly penis.
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of stuff, but realising on seeing Eastenders a while back that dark-haired, dark-eyed dreamboat David Essex had turned into a grey-haired old bloke while I wasn't looking springs to mind.

Also, seeing eighties stuff that I'd swear I was only using last week being described as 'vintage' on eBay, and having to explain to my youngest daughter what a coal bunker was.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I ID someone and they were born after I left school and are over 18
  • USIMUSIM Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mirrors. In my head I'm still 30. But when I look in the mirror every morning to shave. :o
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    USIM wrote: »
    Mirrors. In my head I'm still 30. But when I look in the mirror every morning to shave. :o

I'm losing count of the times lately that I've looked in the mirror and seen my mum looking back at me for a split second :o
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Japs and Commandos?.:D

No, Jerry and Tommy, though we may have got the sound of the Sten gun a bit wrong.:)
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    does anyone know eminem's current age?
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads of stuff, but realising on seeing Eastenders a while back that dark-haired, dark-eyed dreamboat David Essex had turned into a grey-haired old bloke while I wasn't looking springs to mind.
    Do you mean David Wicks? If so, yeah, he got old but...I definitely still would!
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does anyone know eminem's current age?
    He is pushing 40.
    Apparently when he first got into showbiz he was nearly 30 but his people put his at out as 23 to attract more young female fans and to generally appeal to da yoof.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people talk about things which happened when they were little which happened well into my adult life yet only feels like yesterday. Like when young adults say, 'What was the era of Brit Pop like because I was too young to remember it.' I'd left college and was well on my way to being settled down by then.

That thread asking "what was the millennium like" posted by someone who was only just being born then. It really does only feel like about 5 or 6 years ago. Can't believe it will soon be a decade and a half ago since it all happened.

Also when I see friends from school who are becoming grandparents because they had kids in their early 20's and here's me with a 3 year old only just starting out.

Went to my local workingmens club a few months ago and there was a 21st birthday party happening and some of their friends had newborn babies and I was sat thinking to myself, "My son isn't much older than your child yet you are old enough to be my daughter." Now that really did make me feel ancient not to mention the fact that my son has totally skipped an entire generation felt a bit weird.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    He is pushing 40.
    Apparently when he first got into showbiz he was nearly 30 but his people put his at out as 23 to attract more young female fans and to generally appeal to da yoof.

hes 43
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prinking.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    When I complete an online form and I have to scroll down to the year of my birth, it seems to take a while to get there... 1973 to be precise.
  • SmoojSmooj Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mirrors
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    When I realised a while back there is a whole generation of kids who either won't know what a VCR is or will never have used one...made me feel ancient at just 30!

I speak to someone on another website who is a part time teacher and she took a VHS video tape into class (they are about 10 years old) and not one of them knew what it was.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    When I complete an online form and I have to scroll down to the year of my birth, it seems to take a while to get there... 1973 to be precise.

Blimey, you're a lot older than I thought you were
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my son, now 16, was talking to his pal (they were then 15).

Exact quote:

"Remember the old days when we loved Buzz Lightyear, I'll always love Buzz, but now I think Woody's pals weren't real friends at all".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realising I am old enough to be the grandmother of anyone leaving school to start university.