World Cup 2014- The Official Thread!!

Comments

• AbMan51AbMan51 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Yeah no 5.1 for some reason. :(

Neville's voice failed to register any depth and broke the system.
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,173
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Confusion there, BBC scoreboard declared a goal

I let out a massive yell as we 'scored', waking the kids up... until the replay showed it wasn't a goal... :(
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Do we have to use spoilers now?

But following that result, can someone explain to me what happens next to England?
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Do we have to use spoilers now?

But following that result, can someone explain to me what happens next to England?

We have to win our next two games, nothing less will do.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member

FINALLY SOMEONE explains it to me! THANKS... That's good then! :)

I get the feeling that was a hard game. Italy are a great team, right? But now England will be demoralized...
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    lfc84 wrote: »
    No 5.1 for this match on bbc hd or I it just me????

Just you i think. I had it on BBC One England HD
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC using Martin Fisher's world feed commentary for Uruguay v Costa Rica. Get on the phone to complain... :p
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    One advert per break....the joys of morning football. :kitty:
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All for bookies.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All for bookies.

Somehow a mobile phone advert snuck in - not sure how it managed that. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certianly cramming a lot of punditry in.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A clever handover - wait until the game begins then it seems normal for the commentator to have already started, hiding the fact it's the world feed ;)
  • BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    Gary Bloom on his own !
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you use the commentators thread for commentary please!

Back on topic....Henry is brilliant! Thought he was a fail when he done a round on Sky and MOTD but he's been great for this World Cup so far. Very witty and says it how it is. Is there no end to this man's talent?
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    A clever handover - wait until the game begins then it seems normal for the commentator to have already started, hiding the fact it's the world feed ;)

Though I presume under normal circumstances the commentator doesn't begin speaking before the presenter hands over to him! :p

I'd have removed the post-anthem break and just said after the anthems you'll hear from Gary Bloom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Though I presume under normal circumstances the commentator doesn't begin speaking before the presenter hands over to him! :p

I'd have removed the post-anthem break and just said after the anthems you'll hear from Gary Bloom.
    But that would be flushing a few grand down the loo.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    At the moment, though, it seems to be the smoothest part of the whole thing.

I'm not normally one to criticise, but surely someone at ITV must have known taking the world feed for a live game would be a mistake? Especially for a game where the "FIFA name" for one team (Côte d'Ivoire) is different from the usual English name.

I'm no expert, but surely it couldn't have cost too much to have someone in London doing this game? If they're willing to have off-tube commentaries from Rio, the same from London is no different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you use the commentators thread for commentary please!
    Surely this thread should be an overview of the broadcasting and that should include commentary. There are quite a few of us who have a particular interest in the World Cup coverage so may want to comment on all aspects but wouldn't want to venture into the football commentary thread.
  • Gazza1982Gazza1982 Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC using Martin Fisher's world feed commentary for Uruguay v Costa Rica. Get on the phone to complain... :p

At last the BBC haven't used the world feed commentary for their live games which apparently what ITV are doing as i write this. Due to 5Live not doing a commentary and my refusal to watch ITV i am stuck with Talksport. :(

On a side note, as they have used the world feed for Uruguay v Costa Rica it will be interesting to see what they do for the current match. Will they provide their own commentary, or will they use the world feed which would be the same as ITV's?
  • djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Smith is by far better than Adrian Chiles on presenting the ITV World Cup coverage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djonshore wrote: »
    Matt Smith is by far better than Adrian Chiles on presenting the ITV World Cup coverage.
    Solid and I can see why a purest would think that, but Chiles is a better overall watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Gary Bloom is probably viewing this as an ITV appearance that just happens to be on the world feed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    John Dykes with SuperSport (SA)

http://imgur.com/EB8p12k

http://imgur.com/B0xPidP
  • rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    This looks pretty cool: http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0086/unified-video-technologies-unveils-immersive-surround-view-of-world-cup-action/270867

Televisa (Mexico) is testing out this surround view cam during the next games which Mexico plays currently the 17th and 23rd of June. It'll be like watching the game through google street view,
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HGWell wrote: »
    No i don't think ITV wouldn't have had that option because they don't have any circuits for radio. BBC had a direct radio feed from the stadium. I'm fairly sure that ITV now have a separate stadium direct feed back to London to cover any loss of feed from the IBC.

ITV had a separate feed direct from the stadium for that match, even though it was only being shown as highlights... which was lucky as the highlights edit of that game was shown before the host broadcaster got round to feeding the missing chunk out after the game finished.

A win and a draw will do too.