Three unlimited tethering one plan.finishes very soon.

Comments

• tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the 3 experience will improve when the number of high consuming tethering customers decrease as contracts expire.
    Consider me to be reading between the lines, but you say that as if Three will give 30 day notice to existing customers on The One Plan. Any proof to counteract the chorus of rejection of such a plan happening on this thread?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Consider me to be reading between the lines, but you say that as if Three will give 30 day notice to existing customers on The One Plan. Any proof to counteract the chorus of rejection of such a plan happening on this thread?

Wavejock is making stuff up again and trying to mislead people. He's been doing it for years now.

As long as you're on a contract with unlimited tethering you'll still have unlimited tethering even once the minimum term is up.

If you change to a new plan yourself then that is when you lose the tethering.

So for example, I'm out of contract paying £12.50 for the one plan. I still keep my unlimited tethering even though I'm out of contract. But if I move to a new plan/upgrade to a phone then I lose the unlimited tethering.

So just stay on the current plan you're on.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1973 wrote: »
    Strange, as i've been doing just that, for a couple of years now. If you had rural broadband (which produces around 1mbps on a Good Day), then I suspect you'd be doing exactly the same thing

I did exactly that after having endless issues with ADSL and pitiful 1Mb speeds which were getting worse rather than better. Three proved brilliant and outside of peak times I even recorded a few 30Mbps+ speedtests. I've moved since then to an area served by Virgin Media so I finally have a good fixed line service, but Three was a great alternative to a hopeless ADSL connection.
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Threads on Three are aggressive!!

Anyway in 2 hours 14 mins unlimited tethering will be banished forever.. or will it!!
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Don't care - I planned ahead and got my sim yesterday :D
  • binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    Nothing changes until the all new tariffs arrive. [...]
    But time is running out. [...]
    [...]
    I can't say what the new tariffs will be (but the changes to the handset tariffs probably give a fairly good clue, even if the most important thing being discussed on here could turn out to be a bit more generous) [...]

OK, a question about Three's SIM-only tariffs other than the One Plan, if I may! I'm guessing they're likely to be changing too? So if someone liked the look of one of the current cheaper SIM-only tariffs, it'd be wise for them to get their skates on, yep?

[...] I haven't really done much streaming while on the love though, but when still it's fine.

Oo-er, matron! That said, many watch TV whilst in the act, so I guess streaming is just a technological development thereof. Unless, of course, we're talking about some different kind of streaming... (sorry, I'll desist, this is a family forum after all!).
    Forum Member
    nafanny29 wrote: »

Anyway in 2 hours 14 mins unlimited tethering will be banished forever..

No it won't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [...] Anyway in 2 hours 14 mins unlimited tethering will be banished forever.. or will it!!

Er, does this time scale have any basis? Are tariffs really changing at midnight?
    Forum Member
    binary wrote: »
    OK, a question about Three's SIM-only tariffs other than the One Plan, if I may! I'm guessing they're likely to be changing too? So if someone liked the look of one of the current cheaper SIM-only tariffs, it'd be wise for them to get their skates on, yep?.

If you want a SIM with unlimited data then get it now.

If you don't need unlimited data then just wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »

Like now as in within the next two hours?
    Forum Member
    Like now as in within the next two hours?

Now, as in before next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, as in before next week.

Thanks. Will get it all sorted tomorrow (not just me I'm sorting out, hence element of complexity).
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oo-er, matron!

Damn autocorrect! Although I suppose it could while away the time while stuck in traffic. :)

As for the tariffs, think more like a pick and mix style deal.

And is Wavejock STILL going on about contracts expiring? When will he stop saying this? He's been corrected about a gazillion times. Contracts don't expire. Minimum terms ends, allowing people to terminate a contract, or continue it, or seek to upgrade and start a new one - but they do NOT expire. FFS!
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member

Might be some weight in what was said in the Three shop yesterday... He said there will be change within 48 hours...
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, does this time scale have any basis? Are tariffs really changing at midnight?

I am going on the information provided earlier in this thread which was "cast iron"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, my thinking is to get the £6.90 12 month SIM-only plan, and then add to that the £3 a month AYCE data add-on - as shown on page 5 of the current SIM-only price guide.

The AYCE add-on seemingly comes with a 24 month minimum term, but that's ok.

That should all work, should it not?

Looking at the new post 18th March price guide for plans which include a handset, the AYCE data add-on comes with significant caveats - I'm guessing the same will apply to the new SIM-only plans, hence the desire to get in under the wire on this one.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    I am going on the information provided earlier in this thread which was "cast iron"

Three have been planning and then postponing this decision for around 2 months now.

I don't think anyone (under very senior management level) at Three (or on any forum) actually has "cast iron" info as to whether it's tonight, next week or next month.

It's in the works, and it's going to be pulled, Three just can't decide when to do it.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told July ages ago, and don't believe that the other posts on here (remember the thread that said May as if fact, then was edited so as to ask a question because it was, well, made up) were to be taken seriously.

Of course, given Three's mistakes elsewhere, and some people desperate to find fault with the company, it's easy to believe that to be the case.

I think everything is on target, and if people miss out now after many people recommending signing up to the One Plan ASAP to keep unlimited tethering, they have only themselves to blame!
    Forum Member
    d123 wrote: »
    Three have been planning and then postponing this decision for around 2 months now.

I don't think anyone (under very senior management level) at Three (or on any forum) actually has "cast iron" info as to whether it's tonight, next week or next month.

It's in the works, and it's going to be pulled, Three just can't decide when to do it.

I knew it was mid July back in April.

In fact I think I even told you that you had the wrong date when you said May originally.

Like I've been saying for a while now. Make sure you buy the one plan ASAP if you still want unlimited data and tethering.
    Forum Member
    OK, my thinking is to get the £6.90 12 month SIM-only plan, and then add to that the £3 a month AYCE data add-on - as shown on page 5 of the current SIM-only price guide.

The AYCE add-on seemingly comes with a 24 month minimum term, but that's ok.

That should all work, should it not?

Looking at the new post 18th March price guide for plans which include a handset, the AYCE data add-on comes with significant caveats - I'm guessing the same will apply to the new SIM-only plans, hence the desire to get in under the wire on this one.

You can't add it on the £6.90 deal. I remember this being posted to HUKD last year and Three pulled the add on for that sim plan. You can add the £3 add on to the £9.90 12 month plan though.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But for many on limited budgets, migrants and students all of those factors can be 'lived with' in preference to paying an additional supplier for fixed line services.

Perhaps the 3 experience will improve when the number of high consuming tethering customers decrease as contracts expire.

This is nonsense and you have been told this several times by many posters yet you keep on repeating it!
  • heidthebaheidtheba Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't add it on the £6.90 deal. I remember this being posted to HUKD last year and Three pulled the add on for that sim plan. You can add the £3 add on to the £9.90 12 month plan though.

Does that include tethering? And how likely is it that they 'change' the add-on terms.........

Swithering to hook up now, but the 3 years addresses is a worry even for the monthly sim only plans.

Eta... I've had a 3 sim for about 5 years now , registered in my name for topping up by card. Does that go in my favour re credit check for 1/12 month sim only contracts?
  • jamllewjamllew Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    The tethering add on only gives 1gb of tethering. I managed to get the £6.90 tariff with the £3 add on two years ago and plan to keep it for as long as I can. Tethering would be nice but less than £10 for unlimited data is a bargain.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    heidtheba wrote: »
    Does that include tethering? And how likely is it that they 'change' the add-on terms.........

Swithering to hook up now, but the 3 years addresses is a worry even for the monthly sim only plans.

Eta... I've had a 3 sim for about 5 years now , registered in my name for topping up by card. Does that go in my favour re credit check for 1/12 month sim only contracts?

I wouldn't panic, if you have a debit card to do the security check, aren't bankrupt or have CCJs and are on the electoral role it shouldn't be a problem to get a sim only on Three.
  • heidthebaheidtheba Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't panic, if you have a debit card to do the security check, aren't bankrupt or have CCJs and are on the electoral role it shouldn't be a problem to get a sim only on Three.

:( nowhere near the electoral roll for over 7 years.......