Man turning 50 - not happy about it

2»

Comments

• Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one big problem about fifty is that it feels like the start of the end

by then i'd been through to seriously life threatening illnesses and was glad to be alive
    but even so

maybe think about changing it to the start of something,
    course that's why so many men get a sportscar/motorbike/trophy girlfriend,
    but i'm thinking more like doing something new that would put a bit of interest
    back into a life that can just seem a little bit flat

joining a amateur dramatic society /choir, learning an instrument
    (i bought a guitar and took it seriously this time)
    maybe that's not for him, but it's the realisation that it's not just a boring run in
    when discussing what you want played as you go up in smoke is the most interesting thing you've done for years
    that's important
  • Options
    King of BlotsKing of Blots Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    My partner is about to turn 50 in a few weeks. I'm younger than him so find it hard to understand how he's feeling. He is not happy about it and says he feels and looks his age even though I have re-assured him he doesn't look it. Normally he will say he feels like a younger man but lately he feels old.

Is there any way I can help him to deal with it? I don't even want to throw a big party now as I fear it will not make him happy to see the number 50 plastered everywhere!

Do any guys on here have the same problem?

Tell him to grow a pair and DEAL WITH IT, we get older then one day we die and life is way too short to worry about turning 50.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life is for living, Age is meaningless we could all be dead tomorrow. I will be damned if I will waste even one second feeling bad about a number.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell him to grow a pair and DEAL WITH IT, we get older then one day we die and life is way too short to worry about turning 50.
    That's the thing about worry, you don't stop just because someone tell you not to. Whilst some people have no fear or worries about death, some do. Just because you may not, doesn't mean no one should.