Trollied Series 2

Comments

• SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Lorraine dosn't leave - It would be funny if she was demoted, to till work or somthing, just so she could stay in the series.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the first series really but i gave this a go and find its so much funnier, Stephanie Beacham lights the whole series.and the writing is a lot sharper-Plus, i've warned to the characters much more this time, especially Margaret as i think she's hilarious
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a suggestion for a new series based on what happened to me in M&S the other day. I got some of the offers for the dine in / free wine promotions and am just sorting them out in the trolley when a bloke comes up behind me and starts picking things up.

I said ' What are you doing ?'. ''Is this your trolley ?" he asks. 'Yes ?'. I reply pretty irritated because by now trying to get stuff of the shelves because of pensioners spending 10 minutes reading labels before the say they don't fancy any of it. 'Oh sorry' he says very matter of factly.

I nearly knocking a woman out of a wheelchair because she'd snuck in and was so low down next to me. It turns it in to a big effort to go shopping.

I like the small cameos with the shoppers like the woman eating the cornflakes as she walks round.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maltshovel wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of Trollied but for the first time last night I thought some of the scenes were very uncomfortable and unfunny to watch. Those ones where Lorraine was bullying Julie, I thought, went too far especially where she humiliated Julie in front of her co-workers.

I love the character of Lorraine but thought that she went too far in last night's episode.

I think that was the point.

For a short amount of time it strayed from light comedy show to a bit of soapy type drama. It was nice to see all the shop staff rally around Julie... even Lisa felt sorry for her.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Why does the store seem to close at 6pm?:confused:
    I know it's not 'real' but that just irritates me, do they close on Wednesday afternoons as well?:confused::o

I think it's just that the main charecters finish at 5pm/6pm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »

Yep, as they have mentioned a few times now and spoke about the night shift and late shift staff.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm still seeing no point for the CS girls.
    Everyone of their scenes seems totally redundant of the rest of the show. Bascially a cutaway sketch.

It may work on some shows but I don't think it works on this one.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just catching up now. The scene with Julie on the tills felt uncomfortable to watch. I liked Lorraine to begin with but now us as viewers maybe are seeing the different side to her. I hope she gets her comeuppance
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    especially Margaret as i think she's hilarious

She made me proper belly laugh on Friday with the plant. :D:D

I don't know why it was, but I had to pause it. It just cracked me up the way she placed the plant in the bin followed with "Rest In Peace plant" :D:D

I think if it had been any other character, it wouldn't have been funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »

Indeed. I think it's pretty obvious that the store is still open when the main characters finish their shift
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I didn't like the first series really but i gave this a go and find its so much funnier, Stephanie Beacham lights the whole series.and the writing is a lot sharper-Plus, i've warned to the characters much more this time, especially Margaret as i think she's hilarious

I agree, the writing seems much better in this second series and Stephanie Beecham is brilliant, she based her character on Hilary Devey don't know if anyone's mentioned that.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a400597/stephanie-beacham-hilary-devey-was-inspiration-for-trollied-role.html

Also really like Lisa and Colin.

Excellent stuff.
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting Gavin and Lorraine to walk out of the locker room only for Colin to open his locker and a load of Valco gear fall out, they missed a trick there.

Loved Gavin standing up to Lorraine, and her exit speech was fantastic. Really hope that the character returns, she has been brilliant so far.

If Ghandi was here I'd search him too, the filthy bastard.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This comedy really is a cut above most, so well written and character driven with some really good acting, I think the first series was great but glad to see the second series equally as good, Lorraine is hilarious but miss Gavin also. Leighton, Andy and Margaret are the funniest for me.
  • mrhahawiffymrhahawiffy Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This deserves a 3rd series, it's as clear as nun's pi**!
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This deserves a 3rd series, it's as clear as nun's pi**!

I read that when it was renewed after Series 1 Sky renewed it for two more series, so we should be getting a third, and a Christmas Special too.
    I really enjoyed the first series but this is even better. Even though Lorraine was awful, I really hope that isn't the last we see of her. Stephanie Beecham has been a great addition to the cast. I loved the episode where she made Julie go on the till and woof. When she walked out of the shop and let out that evil chuckle made me LOL, even though the actual scene of her mocking JUlie was uncomfortable.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice Beacham is playing the exact same character in Mount Pleasant! (she probably even did it when she was filming Trollied, since she only appears by webcam)
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    I am a week or so behind, only saw Leighton's return last night. The 'bullying' scenes with Julie were handled very well and I did feel really sorry for her especially when Lorraine made her bark.

I love the unfolding of Andy's new gay friend and everyone is spot on about Margaret, a well written, well acted character who's every line is funny. She genuinely tried to take a pot plant back to the shop after 4 years only to find it'd been replaced with a Bet Fred (like every other high street)
  • lukemholllukemholl Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    This series really does keep getting better and better. The scene at the end was just absolutely hilarious! Lost track of how many times I've re-watched it!

"Nobody works hard in this place. The whole shed's just a shit load of lazy bastards!"

Hope that isn't the last we've seen of Lorraine... She's been such a great character!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up on Fridays episode, really pleased Gavin stood up to Lorraine but I do hope she appears again as she has said some fantastic things! When Gavin said Lisa was gracious, or something like that and she gave Lorraine the middle finger! Really enjoying this series, I've heard we are in for an Xmas special? I look forward to that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the first series but I think Lorraine is the best thing about the show now, so I hope she comes back in the next series. Julie for me has been the weak link since the very beginning, I think the actress really overhammed it and it always spoiled the illusion for me a little bit.

Having worked in a big high street retailer I think the show is really well observed. My favourite bits are the 3 second cutaways of shopped spilling liquids or pouring pasta everywhere and just leaving it on the floor in a heap.
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    I've been guilty of that!
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I've heard we are in for an Xmas special? I look forward to that!
    I was hoping for one when the credits rolled this week. Just the thought of them all battling the manic crowds on Christmas Eve. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping for one when the credits rolled this week. Just the thought of them all battling the manic crowds on Christmas Eve. :D

Yeah having experienced the manic of supermarkets at Xmas I do hope they feature some snippets of this.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats actually great about this series is that as they bring in new characters, they are well written and don't take away from the current characrers either. Rather the new characters make the new ones even better. With Lorraine gone and Julie losing the plot, can only assume Gavin will run the store for the mean time rather than bring in another manager. Either way there is potential for a new assistant to run with Julie, possibly Neville given his background.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's still five more episodes of this series before the Christmas episode.