Do You Fake It?

EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was talking to several colleagues at work, we were talking about relationships when one of them casual mentions that she has not had an orgasm throughout her sex life, which works out to be 20 years. :eek: So in order not to upset her fella she fakes it. The rest of us went silent - I mean what do you say when someone makes a revelation like that!?

So will anyone admit to faking it, if only to get your partner off so you can get some sleep? :D Do tell!

I can honestly say I've never needed to fake it yet! :D:D

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't fake it because there's just no point - as your friend has found out. 20 years and he thinks he's been "hitting the spot", he wont think he/they need to do anything differently!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The idea of "faking it" shows a fundamental flaw in any relationship, and seems to be ultimately self-defeating. Imagine telling a crap film director that his movies are great - he'll never improve, and still keep churning out sub-par B-movies, rather than (after a few pointers) creating a sweeping epic filled with subtlety, romance, and mind blowing special effects....

...ahem....

I rather got carried away with that analogy, didn't I? :o
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never fake it. I don't need to. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't fake it. If I don't orgasm then I don't orgasm, my husband isn't bothered. He can't make me do it anyway, I have to put a fair bit into it, but joint pain usually makes me stop early.

Even if I could, I wouldn't bother!
  • Jimmy TwoTimesJimmy TwoTimes Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Oinster wrote:
    I don't fake it. If I don't orgasm then I don't orgasm, my husband isn't bothered. He can't make me do it anyway, I have to put a fair bit into it, but joint pain usually makes me stop early.

Even if I could, I wouldn't bother!

Gosh.

Joint pain meaning pain in your joints or pain for both of you?

Was it better with anyone else?
  • steve_ludwigsteve_ludwig Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esensuelle wrote:
    I was talking to several colleagues at work, we were talking about relationships when one of them casual mentions that she has not had an orgasm throughout her sex life, which works out to be 20 years. :eek: So in order not to upset her fella she fakes it. The rest of us went silent - I mean what do you say when someone makes a revelation like that!?

So will anyone admit to faking it, if only to get your partner off so you can get some sleep? :D Do tell!

I can honestly say I've never needed to fake it yet! :D:D

Well I have to be honest and say I have never faked it and neither has my girlfriend (at least not with me). Now of course (still being honest) there are times when, despite how wonderful I think my c*ck is, it doesnt do it for her, so out comes the rabbit and my tongue :D

Edit: We have quite an honest relationship and are open with each other, verbally as well as sexually, so I think its important to both be satisfied in bed, at the same time where possible! Having said that, when I first when on the Seroxat, one of the side effects is not being able to orgasm (I could get an erection) so there were quite a number of times when she was satisfied and I wasnt, but it didnt bother me as I love her and just wanted her to be happy. Maybe thats how it is for some women. The weird thing was, early in the medication (its fine now) I found myself thinking about other stuff while she was on top, like fixing the oil leak in my car and painting the coving on the ceiling. Again, maybe thats how it is for some women! :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh.

Joint pain meaning pain in your joints or pain for both of you?

Was it better with anyone else?

Now that you have pointed that out, I realised I could have worded that better! :D

I did mean to say pain in my joints.
    It was better in the past but not specifically with anyone else. I only started with the whole sex thing about 4 years ago. And I think the only reason it was better was because I was younger.

Even at 21, the pain in my joints is, at times, bad enough to stop me from wanting to get up to use the loo when I need to.

Thankfully he insisted that we got some "Loving Angles", which are great foam things that can be put in any position/combination and we are able to find all sorts of inventive, almost pain free ways of using them.

I would recommend them to anyone! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fake it 100% every time- and men never realise!
    Forum Member
    Fake it 100% every time- and men never realise!

We do, we just don't care. If you want to pretend, that is fine by us. Makes our life easier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if men ever fake it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We do, we just don't care. If you want to pretend, that is fine by us. Makes our life easier.

With that attitude I can well understand why you would be used to girls having to fake it....
    Not all men are that selfish in bed atcually!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a huge number of women need something more than a willy to climax (IE oral or manual stimulation) - I'll have a look and see if I can find the actual statistic!
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote:
    I wonder if men ever fake it

I honestly have - we were doing it for like 50 mins+ and I was getting a bit sore and the footy was about to kick off...

what a day in the kop that was
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,683
    Forum Member
    I think a huge number of women need something more than a willy to climax (IE oral or manual stimulation) - I'll have a look and see if I can find the actual statistic!
    Yeah, I'm part of that statistic! :)

I've only climaxed a couple of times without involving anything else! :D
    Forum Member
    With that attitude I can well understand why you would be used to girls having to fake it....
    Not all men are that selfish in bed atcually!

My point I was making is that it really only affects you. If you feel that you need or want to fake it then why should this affect the man. You have decided this course of action, you are the one not getting the goods. You are the one that needs to do something about it.

It's not being selfish.

Men can tell when it is fake, stronger, weaker etc for a woman, just as a woman can tell when a man has a stronger or weaker orgasm.

We don't care if you are content with lying about it, as obviously you don't care either - or you would do something about it.

You can't pin the blame on one side.
    Forum Member
    comedyfish wrote:
    I honestly have - we were doing it for like 50 mins+ and I was getting a bit sore and the footy was about to kick off...

what a day in the kop that was

You did it in the kop before a match?
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did it in the kop before a match?

that was the joke... yes

;)

p.s. i thought you were going to say - you call your girlfriend the Kop? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point I was making is that it really only affects you. If you feel that you need or want to fake it then why should this affect the man. You have decided this course of action, you are the one not getting the goods. You are the one that needs to do something about it.

It's not being selfish.

Men can tell when it is fake, stronger, weaker etc for a woman, just as a woman can tell when a man has a stronger or weaker orgasm.

We don't care if you are content with lying about it, as obviously you don't care either - or you would do something about it.

You can't pin the blame on one side.

Really: men do not always know- there are plenty of ways to make it convincing. Do you know why we have to lie? It would be nice to talk about but men and their egos mean we often can't...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to fake it in my younger days because (now here's a revelation) I actually get a bit bored by intercourse and rarely get satisfaction purely through sex. Now though, my partner knows its only going to happen for me during foreplay which is an entirely different matter - I would be quite content with a life of foreplay and no intercourse :)
    Forum Member
    Really: men do not always know- there are plenty of ways to make it convincing. Do you know why we have to lie? It would be nice to talk about but men and their egos mean we often can't...

Why do you have to lie?

If you honestly believe we think it is an earthshattering event for the woman every single time, you are mistaken.

Similarly, I am sure you don't think it is earth shattering for the man every time. Or do you?

You do realise that sometimes for us it is OMG, sometimes aah that was nice, sometimes a mix, sometimes not. Depending on circumstances and what you are in the mood for. It's not like a tick box on a questionnaire. "Orgasm? Check. Great that's that." There are degrees.
    Why would we think it is different for you?
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    I'd hope any woman who wasn't reaching her peak so to speak would just tell me. We could sort out whatever wasn't working for her. I think most guys are familiar enough with the concept that women are different and what works brilliantly for one will not work at all for someone else, and any assumption otherwise is quite foolhardy.

Of course, I've been pretty open about that with any woman I ever slept with, so I hope no body has ever had to fake it, just because it would seem a waste.

Phazer
    Forum Member
    The Phazer wrote:
    I'd hope any woman who wasn't reaching her peak so to speak would just tell me. We could sort out whatever wasn't working for her. I think most guys are familiar enough with the concept that women are different and what works brilliantly for one will not work at all for someone else, and any assumption otherwise is quite foolhardy.

Of course, I've been pretty open about that with any woman I ever slept with, so I hope no body has ever had to fake it, just because it would seem a waste.

Phazer

They have at some point. Get over it.
  • MelBlanc22MelBlanc22 Posts: 3,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have done before when I have been tired and it looks like he's in for the night.

Bloody hell man, get off me I need my zzzzz's :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know why we have to lie? It would be nice to talk about but men and their egos mean we often can't...
    Sounds like the issue is the with guys that you know (bliblically speaking).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO! i never fake it!

it's only you that looses out so why do it?