The John James & Josie Appreciation Thread (Part 224)

Comments

• Bumble43Bumble43 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodnight everyone :yawn::yawn:

Sleep Well everone

:sleep::sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Morning

Re Qwertys profile pic.

I think he's trying to say that everybody would rather hear comforting lies than the truth. And everybody tells comforting lies to spare peoples feelings.

Say you put on a dress and it was not very flattering and you asked your hubby or friend do I look fat in this?
    Would you rather hear them say yes you look massive or no you look alright.
    99.9% of the time people will tell you the comforting lie.

Whose lying
    Everybody
    And everybody is believing the lies to make themselves feel better.
    And even drumming up lies to perpetuate their hatred of someone and people will swallow it to vindicate that hate.

Afterall some people want to hear the comforting lie that another person is horrible, nasty and out for what they can get
    not the unpleasant truth that the person may be really nice and a good person.

Comforting Lies may be good or bad, it just depends whoses telling them.
  • sueblooresuebloore Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    goodmorning all hope everyone is well, on this very wet friday
    Forum Member
    wendy hope your dad is recovering well, lots of love to you both
    Forum Member
    had a little laugh this morning checking the followers on johns tl and it said saved search under his pic, qwerty,zillie,jonno,luke,josie hahaha
    Forum Member
    had a lurk around, nothing cooking, off to book stall, in the rain, but then drips carnt get wet
  • 2Judy2Judy Posts: 4,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-anna wrote: »
    Morning

Re Qwertys profile pic.

I think he's trying to say that everybody would rather hear comforting lies than the truth. And everybody tells comforting lies to spare peoples feelings.

Say you put on a dress and it was not very flattering and you asked your hubby or friend do I look fat in this?
    Would you rather hear them say yes you look massive or no you look alright.
    99.9% of the time people will tell you the comforting lie.

Whose lying
    Everybody
    And everybody is believing the lies to make themselves feel better.
    And even drumming up lies to perpetuate their hatred of someone and people will swallow it to vindicate that hate.

Afterall some people want to hear the comforting lie that another person is horrible, nasty and out for what they can get
    not the unpleasant truth that the person may be really nice and a good person.

Comforting Lies may be good or bad, it just depends whoses telling them.

Possibly some truth in that, but I find qwerty way too cynical, a little is ok but she/he takes it to extreme. What lies exactly are ppl believing or he thinks they are believing, not everyone is out to cover up the truth, and those truth he is referrring to - his, that s subjective. I think he can be amusing at times, has sparked a bit of controversy but too much credence is given to someone who is aynonmous and not willing to give a source for the information or views he is writing, how do we know if he is telling the truth? If he wants to remain mysterious and elusive then he cant expect to retain his credibility or perhaps he s arrogant enough not to care as long as he s making his point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hhhmornong everyone hope you are all well,Wendy glad to hear your dad's op went well, shem hope your shoulder is coming round to itself and you be back soon to everyone else hope your wee way of workings ok ,i feel as if i have'nt been to bed in a week,and hate the thought of going to the doctor.I am really looking forward to meeting the girls in dublin,so if yeez don't here from me don't worry i'll be lying in a corner sleeping..........later ladies ...........love from maureen xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hhhmornong everyone hope you are all well,Wendy glad to hear your dad's op went well, shem hope your shoulder is coming round to itself and you be back soon to everyone else hope your wee way of workings ok ,i feel as if i have'nt been to bed in a week,and hate the thought of going to the doctor.I am really looking forward to meeting the girls in dublin,so if yeez don't here from me don't worry i'll be lying in a corner sleeping..........later ladies ...........love from maureen xxx sorry about spelling that was supposed to say*morning*.....i'm all through maself the day.........later :yawn::yawn::sleep:
    Forum Member
    well just about to shift myself, at least its stopped raining
    Forum Member
    changed my mind not going to book stall only read 6 books, so tided girls stuff in sitting room order has been restored,
    chill chill chill
    Forum Member
    is everyone asleep, eating or lurking
    Forum Member
    think theres only me about, shem hurry back, bbs off for something to eat mmmm
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    afternoon my lovelies is'nt the weather awful, well it is where i live xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon to anyone around :)
    Did anyone see Josie with the owls, she done very well, had to laugh at her accent when she said ''Can you tell what it is yet?) :rolleyes::D
    Maggi X
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MagStar10 wrote: »
    Afternoon to anyone around :)
    Did anyone see Josie with the owls, she done very well, had to laugh at her accent when she said ''Can you tell what it is yet?) :rolleyes::D
    Maggi X

i have'nt seen it yet but i have seen a few favourable coments on it xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 & a half hours with no posts!!!!!! thr thread's missing shem that's for sure!!!
    Forum Member
    going to try and turn the page
    Forum Member
    1/2 way through my mills and boon, its carnt be that good because i wouldnt have put it down
    Forum Member
    gd is here 13 yr one she wants to earn some money so i said tidy the spare room, where she sleeps, said she had done that so i said make your bed, which she did then i said tidy bathroom which she said she had done, just been to the loo, toilet roll on side not in holder towel on the floor soap in the sink, dont know how much this is going to cost me
    Forum Member
    shes just come down and said i thought the bathroom looked nice
    Forum Member
    shes just telling me her dad wants her to have eyebrow pierced, over my dead body
    Forum Member
    well im nearly there just talking crap
    Forum Member
    last but not least i love jose and john
    Forum Member
    and this should be the rollover
This discussion has been closed.