Forum Member
    Any news on HD airing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ddarko wrote: »
    An interview with Elisabeth Moss, Peggy from the show, in the Observer:

The interview: Elisabeth Moss
    Interesting, not least for the fact that they did such a great job with prosthetics for her weight gain. Only a few days to go now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    HERE'S some of the Mad Men on The Soup.

Don't they look different in their 'civvies'?!

Fun to see Geordie off of Star Trek again - even without his eye covering thingie.

Can't wait 'til Tuesday!
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    11/2 at 23:20 on BBC HD :D
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait .... one of the best series in recent years!
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Simulcast on the 10th with BBC Four on BBC HD :D
  • ddarkoddarko Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Don't forget, Mad Men series 2 begins on BBC4 and BBC HD on Feb 10 at 10 pm.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,055
    Forum Member
    This is the kind of show where once the series finishes, you have to go and watch every episode again to pick up on all the hidden nuances you missed first time round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna pour myself a large Jack Daniels for the show tonight. Anyone else? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I'm looking for a new show to start watching, is this someting I can pick up tonight having not seen the first series?
  • Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend buying the first series on DVD. It's hovering around a tenner on a popular online site named after a rainforest!

Season one lays the foundations for the rest of the series, and in my opinion, while you could get away with watching the first episode of season two on TV tonight, you really need all the information we got, especially about the central character.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »
    I'm gonna pour myself a large Jack Daniels for the show tonight. Anyone else? :)

They mainly drink J&B in series two.
    Forum Member
    JD is the only American liquor I have, so it'll have to do! :)
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oooo can't wait !!! w
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »
    JD is the only American liquor I have, so it'll have to do! :)

J&B is Scottish. Try it, it's very nice.
    Forum Member
    Well the JD did very nicely in the end. I just think the show needs an American drink :)

So good to see it back. Is Betsy Draper the hottest whilst also being quiet pathetic character in TV history?? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So good to have it back!

It just oozes class. I loved the scene in the lift where Don took the hat off!
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,055
    Forum Member
    Its a really classy show, shame its unlikely to get more than 200k viewers.
  • ddarkoddarko Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Thankfully, the life of this particular show will be based almost purely on its American audience and rather encouragingly, the season finale of the second season was double the size of the first. So it appears to be building an audience in the US, however slowly. Plus, it is a prestige show for AMC, the channel that airs it in America. It singlehandedly put the channel on the map and consequently, they will tolerate, to a certain degree, a smaller audience simply for the attention, awards and accolades it brings to the channel. Battlestar Galactica was valued by the Sci Fi Channel for the same reason: it gave the channel critical credibility it never had before. It's a business opportunity; writers, producers and studios who in the past may have been hesitant to work with you or offer shows to you are open to the possibility.
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just loved having this show back .....

So many unanswered questions ..... so many reasons to keep watching

Don looks as though he might be going to loose his wife as he doesn't seem to be attracted to her - but she is now tempted by the idea of sex ..... the end of the first series showed her to be deeper than we had first thought - I hope there is a good story line lined up for her

Roll on next week ....

Why is it so hidden away on BBC4?
    Forum Member
    I noticed it was on the front of one of those cheap TV listings mags in the supermarket this week, which was a bit of a shock!
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The UK media is doing its bit to make people aware of the show and how good it is. It got a prominent preview in The London Paper yesterday and a review in The Metro this morning. OK, not exactly top notch journalism, but these are the opiates of the masses, in London anyway. I don't buy a proper paper anymore, but presumably the broadsheets all had previews, reviews, etc. There is so much rubbish on British TV it's a shame Mad Men isn't seen by more people. Awesome show.
This discussion has been closed.