Is this a serious problem with my iphone?

superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, situation is it WAS working fine, then i was kinda involved in a street robbery where the thief grabbd my phone, saw the police were coming and then kinda threw it to hide the evidence..

Since then, the battery has been REALLY poor! Yesterday I (think) it lasted for about 5 hours on a full charge, and during those 5 hours all i did was send two texts. For the whole of the other time it was locked and not being used. Surely this is not normal? Do you think the battery has become dislodged/broken from when the idiot threw it?

I'm not 100% sure on the 5 hours but will be doing a test today to see how long it lasts, however what are my options in any case? will they fix/replace the phone under warranty? :o or is that a bit too optimistic? phone was bought off the carphone warehouse website..

cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,087
    Forum Member
    If you get a new one only use it in discreet places and in an inside pocket. Also there are leather wallets on ebay for the Iphone this should help for any future bumps or knocks and still allows for incoming calls fine. If you're in safe suburbs probably pretty safe to use in public but out in cities probably best to use them discreetly not to draw attention to the phone. Just a few straight forward precautions.

Once you do get it going get the violin, pocket guitar, light saber, virtual dice, piano, harmonica drums and faceparty apps are great little gadgest and most free. As far as your warranty goes wouldn't have a clue I just usally treat my gadgets careful and they last forever. Iphone is usually pretty durable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    superboy wrote: »
    will they fix/replace the phone under warranty?

i don't see why they would as it seems to have damaged by being thrown. but you can take it to a genius bar and see what they say.

also, check your household insurer to see if they cover the phone.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any physical damage that you can see to the outside of the phone?

Might be worth getting it sent off under warranty if not (don't tell them about it being thrown).
  • maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    My original unit lasted about 5 hours on a full charge. Think it was related to me using dodgy inferior third party chargers from Hong Kong :)

Luckily it was within 28 days of purchase so got a straight swap in an O2 store.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend going to an Apple Store if you are close to one. Book an appointment with a Genius on the Apple website beforehand, walk straight in, and they will usually give you a new phone. They will activate it for you and also set up MobileMe or anything else. Apple Stores from experience though are extremely busy at christmas. Although, they have loads of staff so even in the busiest of times they are quick. I think it was last year I went into Bluewater I think it was on the Saturday before christmas. Walked in, found an employee straight away, he went out back collected an iMac and brought a card machine thing, paid right there and walked out.

O2 will probably end up shipping it back to Apple and give you a loan phone from the 80s for a week or two until it is fixed and shipped back.
  • maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Apple Store in Leicester was empty yesterday at 5pm - about 10 staff wondering around aimlessly :)