James Wellbeloved- changed formula?

RhondaRhonda Posts: 248
Forum Member
I heard James Wellbeloved had been bought out, and packaging has changed.
I buy the 15kg bags and have just bought a bag with the new packaging. This stuff doesn't seem to suit my dog's tum at all.
Anybody had the same thing, and what brand did you change to?

Comments

• clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    They have certainly changed the cat food, it used to be real meat and now its made with meal.

My 2 cats turned their noses up at the new stuff.

Changed them to Symply, I think they do dog food as well. Its apparantley very similar to what JW was before it changed.
  • yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Wellbeloved have indeed been bought out. I am not sure when it happened. They are now owned/controlled by Crown Pet Foods - a wholly owned subsidiary company of Mars/Pedigree Pet Foods. They also own Royal Canin too. The quality of their products does seem to have declined sadly.
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We feed our dog James Wellbeloved sachets on advice of our vet and haven't noticed any changes yet in packaging or contents.

Really hope it doesn't deteriorate as it suits our little dog very well and she gobbles it up.

Hopefully, if Royal Canin are involved, it should be okay.
    That's another brand name my vets surgery advocates.

Keeping my fingers crossed.......
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest bag made my dogs quite unwell, is it gluten free still is my query.
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be worth asking your vets advice OP if you're worried about the latest quality of James Wellbeloved food. They're usually more than happy to tell it as it is especially if they think pets might suffer. Would probably suggest a good alternative if you ask.

I used to work at a vets and I know there were definitely certain well known brands of cat and dog food that got the thumbs down.