The Niamh Perry Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niamh writes

"'Last week I kind of lost confidence in myself,' she tells us. 'It was week three of the competition, and reality was kicking in for me. When you realise what you're doing here it's quite scary. It's not a natural thing to drop your life and move somewhere new and be in this Nancy bubble we're all in."

From BBC website

I didn't notice any lack of confidence, did you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found this on another forum:

"I thought Niamh last night was amazing,

I have worked with her in a few shows back home and she is one of the most talented people I have ever worked with,

SAM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    desmagee88 wrote: »
    Found this on another forum:

"I thought Niamh last night was amazing,

I have worked with her in a few shows back home and she is one of the most talented people I have ever worked with,

SAM

bless :)

everyone I know that knows her or knows of her is filled with praise for her

except one person but that person is a very jealous person :p
  • Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Niamh and think she could make a very interesting and non-traditional Nancy.

However, I did think that she looked a bit nervous on Saturday and I really hope that she gets a more Nancy-like song and gives a good performance this week. Both from the reactions of my family and comments on here not everyone can see her in the role. She could be at risk given the wrong song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    From what I'm aware she wasn't pleased with her song on Saturday, so hopefully as she's likely to be more happy with her song this week she'll appear more confident in her performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the local press

Bangor girl still a talent show hit
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bangor teen Niamh Perry has made it through to the last nine of hit TV talent show, I'd Do Anything.

The 17-year-old was joined by north Belfast woman Rachel Tucker as the battle to see who will claim the coveted role as Nancy in the hit musical Oliver hots up.

Niamh received high praise for her powerful rendition of the classic Moon River. And the talented teenager was floating on air when Andrew Lloyd Webber compared her version of the famous song to Audrey Hepburn's famous performance in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Judge Denise van Outen beamed: “It was a beautiful performance.”

And Rachel made it a local double act when she eased past the competition to join Niamh in next week's showdown.

Her version of Oh What a Night sent a pulse through the live audience prompting judge John Barrowman to say: “You are consistent, strong and definite leading lady material.”

County Kerry's Jessie Buckley also managed to keep her hopes alive when she stormed into the next round of the competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niams song this week;

"Naimh was really worried about her song last week, but it couldn't have gone better. She got some lovely comments and her performance was embraced by everybody. This week she's got another song that really suits her. She's had her big belting number, but this week she's got a big ballad with a real story to tell and a real emotional journey."

Perhaps this is Niam's chance to show her acting ability and the passion with which she can deliver it.
    Forum Member
    Totally related to Niamh tonight

She moved me to tears!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxlouxx wrote: »
    Totally related to Niamh tonight

She moved me to tears!

I have to admit, she did make me a bit tearful tonight, especially when the camera panned to her sister crying in the audience. :cry::o
    Forum Member
    I have to admit, she did make me a bit tearful tonight, especially when the camera panned to her sister crying in the audience. :cry::o

yupp :cry:

I really hope Niamh goes far

I think, like the judges say, she could redifine Nancy

however if she doesnt win this show, theres something out there for her

shes doin us northern irish people proud :D
  • lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yupp :cry:

I really hope Niamh goes far

I think, like the judges say, she could redifine Nancy

however if she doesnt win this show, theres something out there for her

shes doin us northern irish people proud :D

I agree! She has been absolutely fab every week, this week I was nearly :cry: as well!

She's definately my favourite :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niamh was fab last night. I really like her voice and she is a very compelling performer.

I still think she has a way to go to convince everyone that she is a Nancy as she is quite different from previous famous Nancies and is also not like the other girls in this show. However, I agree with the panel that she could be a very interesting alternative Nancy.
    Forum Member
    I just downloaded all of Niamh's performances form my iPod :D

cant wait to hear her again next week :)
    Forum Member
    big article of Niamh in tonights belfast telegraph!
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big article of Niamh in tonights belfast telegraph!

I'm hoping its a positive one. :D

Niamh was amazing on Saturday night, too right she got brilliant comments from the judges as usual. :)
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping its a positive one. :D

Niamh was amazing on Saturday night, too right she got brilliant comments from the judges as usual. :)

yep, it is.

its an article about her going back home to her old theatre group

really cute pic aswell :p:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to find this online? I had a look but couldn't find it.

It's always nice to get a bit more background as the VTs on the show are all so short.
    Forum Member
    Cat Balou wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to find this online? I had a look but couldn't find it.

It's always nice to get a bit more background as the VTs on the show are all so short.

theres a link to it but it doesnt work

so I will try and email the woman who wrote it and get a copy ok? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres a link to it but it doesnt work

so I will try and email the woman who wrote it and get a copy ok? :)

Thanks and hopefully the Belfast Telegraph will get the link working in the next few days.
    Forum Member
    Thanks and hopefully the Belfast Telegraph will get the link working in the next few days.

Emailed her a while ago, hopefully she'll get back soon! :)

EDIT- Alternatively, I'll just scan it in or something
  • skreepersskreepers Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any luck lou? I'd be interested to read it too. Yeah she must have went to her drama school on monday as I think she had 24 hours off. She came back to our school as well! She said she was having a great time and learning loads and thanks for all the support.

Did everyone go back to their hometowns this week or was it just niamh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    I must say this week I warmed to Naihm. I'm still not convinced she's Nancy because she hasn't given me that "WOW" performance yet. And I think she looks a bit too youthful... But her voice is actually amazing. Regardless of what happens she's going to go far in the theatre business methinks. :)

[/2cents]
    Forum Member
    skreepers wrote: »
    any luck lou? I'd be interested to read it too. Yeah she must have went to her drama school on monday as I think she had 24 hours off. She came back to our school as well! She said she was having a great time and learning loads and thanks for all the support.

Did everyone go back to their hometowns this week or was it just niamh?

cant find it :( woman never wrote back to me, I might try and scan it

Yeah I heard she went back to Knock! what all was she saying?

I think they can go whenever, Niamh just chose this week as most have been home and she hasnt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't find the article Lou mentioned - there's a link to it but the page has been removed.

However, I found this one instead about how Niamh and 2 friends formed a group which became popular for singing at funerals! She also talks about being in the Nancy house and going to another movie premiere.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Funeral-singing-was-a-hit.4021024.jp
    Forum Member
    I still can't find the article Lou mentioned - there's a link to it but the page has been removed.

However, I found this one instead about how Niamh and 2 friends formed a group which became popular for singing at funerals! She also talks about being in the Nancy house and going to another movie premiere.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Funeral-singing-was-a-hit.4021024.jp

I found an article that talked about Paradis yesterday, here it is. It also talks about Niamh having low self esteem when she was younger.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/latest/2008/04/19/secret-turmoil-for-nancy-hopeful-niamh-perry-89520-20387358/

Theres also stuff about her on her school's site, including her return to the school!

http://www.knock.co.uk/portal.aspx