Options

An idea regarding a new Who villian.

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
Ok over the years we've had villians like Davros,The Master and The Rani. They were charcters that we loved but what if the Who writers created a villian that the whole fanbase would hate,not a villian that we would love to hate a villian that we would genuinely hate? He'she or it could look hateful,destroy planets,torture people and kill people. I think it would be a good idea to introduce a villian that would wind us up so much that we would want to throw thing's at our tv's.

Comments

• Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Ok over the years we've had villians like Davros,The Master and The Rani. They were charcters that we loved but what if the Who writers created a villian that the whole fanbase would hate,not a villian that we would love to hate a villian that we would genuinely hate? He'she or it could look hateful,destroy planets,torture people and kill people. I think it would be a good idea to introduce a villian that would wind us up so much that we would want to throw thing's at our tv's.

Tony Blair in DW? Could work, I suppose.....

(Sorry. :o)
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean. But I don't think it would work somehow. We all LOVE to Hate The Master, Rani..Sil....The Slitheen family....etc. We cannot help but love them all the same! Even bloody Davros ! :o
    I cannot think of any villain in DW that I have actually HATED to be honest! That's odd :confused:
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be a good idea to introduce a villian that would wind us up so much that we would want to throw thing's at our tv's.

There already is one for me, but she hasn't been in it for a while. Her initials are RT.
  • Options
    TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There already is one at the minute and her name is Amy Pond. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    There already is one for me, but she hasn't been in it for a while. Her initials are RT.

Rose Tyler? How was she a villian?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TLC1098 wrote: »
    There already is one at the minute and her name is Amy Pond. :D

Listen if you don't like a companion it doesn't make them an evil villian!
  • Options
    TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listen if you don't like a companion it doesn't make them an evil villian!

But in series 6 Amy was a villian because don't forget she couldn't give a toss about her kidnapped baby and galavanted around the universe with the Doctor looking for adventures,plus she even treated Rory like dirt aswell.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the Dream Lord? Okay, how much of a real villain he was is debatable...but he really was hateful!

In a show like Who you can't really introduce a character of such nastiness that there's no redeeming nature or fun factor. Torchwood could do it, e.g. in Small Worlds with the paedophile guy. Also, the cannibals in the other episode. There's just no coming back from that :eek:

The Master may have killed millions of people but it all has to feel disconnected from him, to an extent, so we can still enjoy watching his schemes! If he appeared and killed Amy and Rory in cold blood then that would be a different story...
  • Options
    inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the 456, Oswald Danes, and Inspector Thorne?
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    He'she or it could look hateful,destroy planets,torture people and kill people.

That's pretty much par for the course in Doctor Who, isn't it?
    TLC1098 wrote:
    But in series 6 Amy was a villian because don't forget she couldn't give a toss about her kidnapped baby and galavanted around the universe with the Doctor looking for adventures,plus she even treated Rory like dirt aswell.
    Man, people complain about too much story arc, and you wanted the entire second half to be, like, "WHERE'S MAH BABY?" all the time and that.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Daleks certainly come pretty close.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Blair in DW? Could work, I suppose.....

(Sorry. :o)

Nice one Granny!:D
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slippers.:D
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    slippers.:D

Kippers.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    they can introduce jedward:D
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

Nippers? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    champion10 wrote: »
    they can introduce jedward:D
    They don't need to make any costumes for them as Jedward have quite a variety already.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dippers:D
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the Absorbaloff pretty much despised by everyone?

I wouldn't want him back!
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    allen_who wrote: »
    Wasn't the Absorbaloff pretty much despised by everyone?

I wouldn't want him back!

Wasn't Absorbaloff created by a Blue Peter competition winner? If so, them I would imagine that winner still loves the creature...
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love & Monsters is still one of the most bizarre episodes of TV ever broadcast...:cool:
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's paid no tax for almost 1000 years. Imagine being followed everywhere by the Inland Revenue Tardis ......
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just have him played by Jeremy Clarkson ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just have him played by Jeremy Clarkson ...

What?!!?!?:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    What?!!?!?:eek::eek::eek:

A fan of Jezza then?