Options

Bill Cosby allegations

Comments

• Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I must have missed him being tried and convicted.

Polanski is a rapist, fact.

The mere fact he is a pedo should disgust decent people, I hope there is a hell because that's where I hope he ends up, I also hope karma is a bitch and his death when it comes is painfull, slow and he screams in agony.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    You missed the biggest tick box of all, the Statute of Limitations for both criminal and civil claims has long expired.

I do not understand why NOW he is being accused of rape etc. He is 77 and I believe that the actress Dickenson (cannot remember her first name) had a huge legal fight with Stallone saying she was pregnant with his child and it ended up that the DNA proved otherwise. So she can come out with these comments about Croby ( and get a lot of publicity) and has no need to provide any kind of proof.

I do not understand these claims that rape occurred YEARS AGO and yet at the time, perhaps a blood test would have provided proof that they had been drugged, it appears that no-one went to the police.

It seems unfair to make statements to the media (and probably get paid for it) about a man (and this has been happening in the UK with DJ, actors etc) and according to American law, he cannot be prosecuted for it now, it is all too late.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Janice Dickinson says he raped her too.

"he gave me wine and a pill, and I remember before I passed out I was sexually assaulted by this man".

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/janice-dickinson-says-bill-cosby-raped-her

OH PLEASE!!!!! Bill Crosby was a HUGE successful celeb for YEARS, so why would he need to DRUG women for sex!! We all know what Hollywood is like, a lot of women who are desperate to be famous. It just does not make any sense to me when he could have probably had any actress he wanted at that time.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH PLEASE!!!!! Bill Crosby was a HUGE successful celeb for YEARS, so why would he need to DRUG women for sex!! We all know what Hollywood is like, a lot of women who are desperate to be famous. It just does not make any sense to me when he could have probably had any actress he wanted at that time.

yes and all rapists are dirty looking men in raincoats who would never be able to pull a woman on a night out.

It's not all about the sex. It's the powertrip. Drugging a woman so you can do what you want to her without her permission is what gives the man the thrill. Perhaps knowing too that he would be pretty much untouchable as a well loved celeb also gave him the arrogance to do these things.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cosby's lawyer, Marty Singer, issued this statement on Tuesday following Janice's accusations:

"Janice Dickinson's story accusing Bill Cosby of rape is a lie. There is a glaring contradiction between what she is claiming now for the first time and what she wrote in her own book and what she told the media back in 2002. Ms. Dickinson did an interview with the New York Observer in September 2002 entitled "Interview With a Vamp" completely contradicting her new story about Mr. Cosby. That interview a dozen years ago said "she didn’t want to go to bed with him and he blew her off." Her publisher Harper Collins can confirm that no attorney representing Mr. Cosby tried to kill the alleged rape story (since there was no such story) or tried to prevent her from saying whatever she wanted about Bill Cosby in her book. The only story she gave 12 years ago to the media and in her autobiography was that she refused to sleep with Mr. Cosby and he blew her off. Documentary proof and Ms. Dickinson's own words show that her new story about something she now claims happened back in 1982 is a fabricated lie."

//////////////////////////////////////
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but are you under the impression that rape is solely about sex?

I remember seeing Janice Dickinson on the Howard Stern show years ago and she talked about how Bill Cosby is a bad man, but she wouldn't go into detail. If it is true, I feel incredibly bad for her. She was also molested by her father.
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »

I remember seeing Janice Dickinson on the Howard Stern show years ago and she talked about how Bill Cosby is a bad man, but she wouldn't go into detail. If it is true, I feel incredibly bad for her. She was also molested by her father.

She recently said that when she was penning her book Cosby and his legal team bore down on her like a ton of bricks and she had to rewrite that part of the story.
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely if several accusers come forth who are within the statute of limitations, he could be tried?

But there aren't any, these incidents mainly happened in the 1970's and 80's, with I think one in 2004, the Statute of Limitations has long passed for all of his accusers.
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not understand why NOW he is being accused of rape etc. He is 77 and I believe that the actress Dickenson (cannot remember her first name) had a huge legal fight with Stallone saying she was pregnant with his child and it ended up that the DNA proved otherwise. So she can come out with these comments about Croby ( and get a lot of publicity) and has no need to provide any kind of proof.

I do not understand these claims that rape occurred YEARS AGO and yet at the time, perhaps a blood test would have provided proof that they had been drugged, it appears that no-one went to the police.

It seems unfair to make statements to the media (and probably get paid for it) about a man (and this has been happening in the UK with DJ, actors etc) and according to American law, he cannot be prosecuted for it now, it is all too late.

Why have they come forward?

a) because they wanted the truth to come out as they have been suffering in silence for 30+ years;

b) they are 'has been' actresses (some now on their uppers) who think a few newspaper and chat show interviews will earn a few $ and give them another 15 minutes of fame;

c) they are fantasists

Probably a combination of all the above is most likely.

Yes, Cosby probably could take them to court for defamation or libel, but that would give the story more legs, no doubt more sordid details would come out and even if he wins there is no guarantee they would have the money to pay any award.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla Ferrigno (wife of Lou) has come forward to say that Cosby attempted to sexually assault her:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842678/Bill-Cosby-used-friend-court-wife-Incredible-Hulk-star-Lou-Ferrigno-set-comic-home-attacked-Camille-Cosby-left-room.html

Also portion of an AP interview where they discuss the accusations with Cosby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6z97Efw3I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »

Janice Dickinson has been involved in sensational stories before and it turned out she was "mistaken" regarding Stallone and her pregnancy. I think she is an attention seeker and admittedly that is only my opinion. The fact is according to US law,Crosby cannot be arrested or charged regarding these various claims and anyone can go to a journalist and say that she had been sexually abused or whatever with no proof, gab a headline at the expense of his reputation. It just seems unfair to me that he is facing a trial by media. Surely if these women went to the police earlier there would be some kind of record? I just find it hard to believe that 13 plus women were attacked by the same man and yet did nothing about it legally. If there were rumours about Crosby's behaviour for years (according to one poster) the women would have known that they were not alone! :confused:
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janice Dickinson has been involved in sensational stories before and it turned out she was "mistaken" regarding Stallone and her pregnancy. I think she is an attention seeker and admittedly that is only my opinion. The fact is according to US law,Crosby cannot be arrested or charged regarding these various claims and anyone can go to a journalist and say that she had been sexually abused or whatever with no proof, gab a headline at the expense of his reputation. It just seems unfair to me that he is facing a trial by media. Surely if these women went to the police earlier there would be some kind of record? I just find it hard to believe that 13 plus women were attacked by the same man and yet did nothing about it legally. If there were rumours about Crosby's behaviour for years (according to one poster) the women would have known that they were not alone! :confused:

I believe at least one did - she alleged that Cosby attacked her around 2004 and there was set to be a trial for 2006. The prosecution let Cosby's defence team know they had 12 or 13 other 'Jane Doe' accusers who stood to gain nothing, backing up the accuser.

Cosby chose to settle the matter financially out of court.

Janice Dickinson was told (or states she was, I am hoping that she can back it up) back in 2004 to leave out her allegations about Cosby from her book. She's given interviews over the years stating he is a bad man but not going into any detail.

None of this is cast iron proof but it does show that these allegations aren't recent and they're not exactly bandwagon jumping on his recent social media fail.

Edit: I read back in the late 90s about Cosby being less than squeaky clean, on newsboards etc. I think just like with Savile, it was all hearsay and no proof. It does get to the point when there are so many accusers that the weight of likelihood increases.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about Stallone and her pregnancy? I haven't heard of that. She has been sexually assaulted before and I don't believe that she would lie about a different sexual assault like that. I'm not saying she is definitely telling the truth though. What about Carla Ferrigno? What reason does she have to lie?

What do you mean if? I've known about them since I was a kid. Wendy Williams just came out and said that when she discussed the allegations on TV in 1990, Bill tried to get her fired. There is no if about the rumours dating back years and you shouldn't be doubting that there is without research.

As for a record, here's more information for you:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/timeline-of-the-abuse-charges-against-cosby.html
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    Why have they come forward?

a) because they wanted the truth to come out as they have been suffering in silence for 30+ years;

b) they are 'has been' actresses (some now on their uppers) who think a few newspaper and chat show interviews will earn a few $ and give them another 15 minutes of fame;

c) they are fantasists

Probably a combination of all the above is most likely.

Yes, Cosby probably could take them to court for defamation or libel, but that would give the story more legs, no doubt more sordid details would come out and even if he wins there is no guarantee they would have the money to pay any award.

exactly

the statute of limitations cuts both ways here

he cant be prosecuted and they dont have to prove anything in a court unless he sues for libel
    so the accusers know this and i bet were advised that hes in a no win situation and wont do anything
    Im not defending Cosby, but I dont see any point of this really well apart from his accusers can get a payday and some for of "revenge" of ruining his reputation but the mans had a good life is 77 and a multi millionaire so i cant see him being bothered
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Carla Ferrigno (wife of Lou) has come forward to say that Cosby attempted to sexually assault her:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842678/Bill-Cosby-used-friend-court-wife-Incredible-Hulk-star-Lou-Ferrigno-set-comic-home-attacked-Camille-Cosby-left-room.html

Well, Cosby's still alive, so he can have his say on what the women have said about him.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »

I believe her, if I'm reading right it says Lou did not want her to come forward and speak but I believe that's because he wants to protect her and their children from the fallout.

Cosby stinks. Another new acuser is a 57 yr nurse from Boca Raton namely Therese Serignese.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Is there much Us Archive Tv shown in the Us?

Would withdrawing Cosby archive material have a massive effect?

Do bears shit in the woods ? is the pope catholic ? is the sky blue ? .....archive tv is huge in the US . Syndication in the US is very profitable and Cosbys immense fortune is due to syndication as is the fortune of many US stars. Every show aims for the magic 100 epidoses so it can go into syndication - so yes it will make a difference if the cosby show is pulled though for cosby himself his fortune is already made.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like his 'Savile moment' has arrived. IF enough evidence comes to light to reveal a pattern and this is true it may be too late for prosecutions but at least this one gets to face the shame while still alive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Refusing to say anything at all doesn't look good. Quickly saying the allegations are false and then telling the interviewer you want to move on would have been better. I wouldn't have got into a conversation about it, but I would have said something about it though.

I agree and there was something a bit sinister in the way he was warning/threatening the interviewer for asking about that and eyeballing him, while his wife sat there smiling like she was the first lady.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel desperately sorry for anyone who may have been a victim of Cosby. Watching all the women coming forward is so reminisict of how the Jimmy Savile relevations went down. Even though Cosby is still alive it's clear he won't face justice in the legal sense but it does look like his reputation is in tatters. What's interesting is he's not even trying to defend himself. Is he so arrogant he feels he doesn't have to or is he hoping it will all go away?
  • Options
    lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    He has commented on the situation today.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolla_7 wrote: »
    He has commented on the situation today.

Thanks, I'll go and see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Looks like his 'Savile moment' has arrived. IF enough evidence comes to light to reveal a pattern and this is true it may be too late for prosecutions but at least this one gets to face the shame while still alive.

It has taken a long time, but some court records have been unsealed which reveal Cosby's own statements under oath. Seven records remain sealed, but the Associated Press is still trying to obtain them.

Harvey Levin, co-founder of TMZ, also participated in helping Cosby cover up allegations when he was editor of Celebrity Justice. The article linked above displays a photocopy of that Celebrity Justice piece. No wonder TMZ is still carrying Cosby's water.
  • Options
    lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Statute of limitations has a lot to answer for in situations like this... I think there will be a change coming. I know in America it differs between states but none of these women are able to file a police report and have potential charges brought against him. Absolutely reprehensible.
  • Options
    Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes you can just tell by how a person is. He's racist scum who treats everyone like shit whether they're old young, black, white, male, female any excuse to hate them. Probably had issues growing up. He's probably the Jimmy Saville/ Max Clifford of America